Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1093876 - 02/24/06 11:08 PM I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!!
vmayerjr
Learning the Ropes

HEY FELLOW CARD LOVERS.

I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS READ MY PROIR POST ABOUT A BABE RUTH BUTTON CARD THAT I HAVE. BUT IF YOU DIDNT I HAVE A HEADACHE OVER THIS CARD NOW.

I HAVE RECENTLY PUT IT UP ON EBAY, AND I WAS LOOKING AROUND FOR TWO WEEK PRIOR TO THIS TO SEE IF ANY OF THE OTHER 4 CARDS. I GET A MESSAGE TODAY FROM A FELLOW EBAYER SAYING THAT HE HAS POSTED IT ABOUT 12 HOURS BEFORE I DID AND SAYING THAT TWO OF THESE CARDS ON EBAY IS GOING TO DIMINISH THE VALUE THAT WE CAN GET FOR THE CARD. DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH THAT? MY HEAD IS POUNDINIG. I DONT WANT TO END THE AUCTION AND HAVE MANY BIDDERS MAD AT ME AND NOT TRUST ME WHEN I RELIST THAT CARD AGAIN.

I ALSO FEEL THAT THIS EBAY MEMBER IS TRYING TO BULLY ME SO HE CAN MAKE MORE ON THE CARD, AND THEN I GET SCREWED.

SORRY FOR RAMBLING ON BUT I HAVE ALOT OF THOUGHTS ON THIS CARD. I REALLY JUST LOVE THIS CARD BUT SOME COLLECTORS THAT I HAVE VISITED PERSONALLY TELL ME THAT THIS CARD WILL NOT BE AS VALUABLE AS IT IS NOW SINCE OTHER STUFF MIGHT COME OUT. DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH THIS ALSO. ... WOW DOES MY HEAD HURT.

I WILL LISTEN TO ALL ADVICE NOW. SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A POST, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WIT ME. THANKS ALL

#1093877 - 02/25/06 05:52 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: vmayerjr]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

vmayerjr --

Just my own opinion ... but if either of the two identical cards, being auctioned concurrently, suffers from lower prices realized ... it would be the first to conclude ... not the second. Buyers may be tempted to low ball the first realizing that they still have a second chance to acquire the card.

The guy is blowing smoke.

Identical cards are auctioned concurrently everyday on Ebay with no problems, and Ebay is for everyone. I would recommend against letting the guy brow beat you into halting your auction early. If he feels that strongly about it ... he can stop his own auction and relist later.

Good luck.

#1093878 - 02/25/06 08:20 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: deadlyembrace]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Add the following to the auction description:

FREE SHIPPING (secure bubble wrap & priority USPS box)
WITH $100 of INSURANCE (additional insurance, at your discretion and cost)
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#1093879 - 02/25/06 10:27 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: vmayerjr]
Aces
Maybe someone will get it slabatized next.

Loc: Where's my books?

Do you have a link to your auction (and the other guys too)?

#1093880 - 02/28/06 08:35 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: Aces]
vmayerjr
Learning the Ropes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

that the other one

this is mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-ABSOLUTE-MEM-BA...1QQcmdZViewItem

#1093881 - 03/01/06 06:20 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: vmayerjr]
Aces
Maybe someone will get it slabatized next.

Loc: Where's my books?

Hey, it's a 'free market'.
Too bad you two listed the same week but it's not anybody's fault.

Someone asked him to end his auction early (see the questions to the seller) and in one answer he stated he wanted to let the auction run it's course.

Seems strange he would ask someone else to end their auction.

Quote:

Hi, I hate to bother you, but I was wondering if you would end this auction for $1,100 via. Pay -Pal? Thanks for your time,Sean
Feb-27-06
A: Thanks for the offer, but I will let the auction run its course. thanks! bryan

Q: Hi, how much are you looking to get for this card? Would consider ended the auction early? Let me know, thanks! Nice card!
Feb-24-06
A: We would be willing to end the auction early for $1,000.

Bidding is over $1000 on both btw so he's making more than he thought he would!

#1093882 - 03/10/06 11:03 PM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: Aces]
vmayerjr
Learning the Ropes

Man i cant get a break when it comes to this. Right after this other Ruth Button card sell someone put another one up> i cant win. Jesus...... I really cant get a figure on how much this card should sell for. should it go for thousands or just a thousand. I am totaly distraught right now. Both cards ended early i cant find out how much they went for.???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I guess i will just sit on this card for a while and hopefully it wont lose that much value!!!!!

#1093883 - 03/14/06 05:28 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: vmayerjr]
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

If I was you I would sell this card through someone who has more and better feedback. I would imagine thats whay you can't buy a break. I personally would shy away from anyone that has less than 25 with a negative regardless of how silly the negative is. I understand some a trigger happy when it comes to negatives but it looks like you couldn't even make a 50 dollar deal on Ebay go right so what does that say about a 1300 dollar deal?. I also shy away from the [embarrassing lack of self control] match between 2 people it just makes me believe I am dealing with youth.No personal checks also scares the lights out of me! 9.85 Insurance also scares me along with the 6.00 shipping charge. I would swallow the shipping charge on a 1300+ sale each and everytime.

#1093884 - 05/26/06 01:36 AM Re: I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!! [Re: jackstraw]
fkw
Learning the Ropes

Loc: Keaau, HI

Take the $$ and run!!!

$1,300 is $1,299 too much for any of these pseudo-hyped murdered historic artifact garbage.

Worst thing ever to happen in the hobby!!

Now your kids will never see that Ruth jersey, and it IS a US historic article.

When are they going to start cutting up T206 Wagners, The Liberty Bell, The Declaration of Independence, or the Mona Lisa and put them in a card?

When will this dumb stuff stop?????

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.