Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1379356 - 09/22/06 06:06 PM Pokemon card charizard
GoldCoins
Possum

I used to collect pokemon cards, and I have a ton of rare holographic pokemon trading cards. Problem is I Don't think they are rare anymore. When I first found the holographic charizard it was worth 60 dollars, now it's only worth a few, right?
Why has the value gone down so much? Was it nothing more than a simple fad?
I collect gold coins. Gold coins owned: PCGS 1908 Solid Gold MS63 No Motto Saint Gaudens double eagle $20 piece ANACS UNC Details, NET AU 55 Scratched British gold sovereign, 22K, 1913. 1908 ANACS Gold Indian head $5 gold piece Gold fanam, possibly worlds smallest gold coin. Ancient. 1850 France 10 francs Ceres, gold.

#1379357 - 09/22/06 08:16 PM Re: Pokemon card charizard [Re: GoldCoins]
FYS
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Michigan - The Spartan State

I do not if anyone on here actually collects Pokemon, so you may not get any good response. I know with Magic and with Yugio cards, they did 2nd printings, which diluted the value of all the 1st prints. Maybe something similar with Pokemon. Also, with cartoons or video games, you are very suseptible to downward prices as the trend goes away with the next generation of kids. I really do not view them as something that when people get older they are going to want to buy to recapture their youth.

Small market, very small age groud and very fadish = trouble.

#1379358 - 01/25/07 08:47 PM Re: Pokemon card charizard [Re: GoldCoins]
Dungeon
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Still Married!

Quote:

I used to collect pokemon cards, and I have a ton of rare holographic pokemon trading cards. Problem is I Don't think they are rare anymore. When I first found the holographic charizard it was worth 60 dollars, now it's only worth a few, right?
Why has the value gone down so much? Was it nothing more than a simple fad?

1st edition cards of the premier set will hold their value and slowly increase in the future due to underprinting and kids getting older and wanting to buy them back due to having disposable incomes. This is ONLY for the 1st prints of the FIRST set. Everything else will never hold any value. I used to collect and play the game at a highly competitive level.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.