Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#166541 - 07/25/03 03:31 PM A few basic questions from a coin collector
BigAl
Learning the Ropes

Gentlemen,

A few quick questions, hopefully you can help...

1. what is the value of a Cal Ripkin Jr RC
2. same question but for a Rickie Henderson RC
3. what is the foremost industry price guide...is it still Beckett?
4. is ebay the best place to unload cards?

#166542 - 07/25/03 06:41 PM Re: A few basic questions from a coin collector [Re: BigAl]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Loc: Trimmed, Pressed, Power Erased

Big Al

Gentlemen,

A few quick questions, hopefully you can help...

1. what is the value of a Cal Ripkin Jr RC
Answer: It depends on which of his rookie cards and the condition. You've got Topps, Topps Traded, Donruss & Fleer to choose from. Also can depend on graded or raw.

2. same question but for a Rickie Henderson RC
Answer: Beckett values a Henderson rookie as high as $70. Prices will vary by condition either graded or raw.

3. what is the foremost industry price guide...is it still Beckett?
Answer: Beckett is still seen to be reliable although many folks quote SMR (Sports Market Report). Surely Beckett is good enough to get a decent idea.

4. is ebay the best place to unload cards?
Answer: EBay is probably the easiest place to unload cards and using their search feature you are able to see approx. value in the open market for your cards.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ron

#166543 - 07/26/03 12:04 AM Re: A few basic questions from a coin collector [Re: njdolphins]
BigAl
Learning the Ropes

Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't cracked open my shoeboxes of cards in at least 15 years, but I'm positive after seeing the scan on ebay that my Cal R. rookie cards (i think i have 5) are topps. A little disappointing that they're only worth $15-$25. I guess in the card biz older does not always equal more valuable.

Wonder what ever happend to the other two "future stars," Bob Boner and Jeff Schneider; doubt i'd be asking that question if they hadn't shared real estate on cal's rc---talk about 15 minutes.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 2 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.