Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1836043 - 08/11/07 05:29 AM Fugitive on the Run?
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Read the late breaking news on psa site regarding possible chop artist
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#1836169 - 08/11/07 09:50 AM Re: Fugitive on the Run? [Re: bbo]
FYS
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Michigan - The Spartan State

If he is still on LTS, I have to question the entire premise of that board.

#1836275 - 08/11/07 12:29 PM Re: Fugitive on the Run? [Re: FYS]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Morgoth posted yesterday on the thread that was deleted that he is NOT on LTS anymore. I guess they tired of his schtick and gave him the boot. They've been known to do that. It's like a frat house, a couple of black balls and you're gone.

Maybe enough ebay buyers will start putting two and two together and figure out what he's been up to for the last few years. Hobby trash just needs to go away...or be put away in a lonely dark cell for a while, at state's expense.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#1836542 - 08/11/07 05:13 PM Re: Fugitive on the Run? [Re: bbo]
FYS

Originally Posted By: bbo
Morgoth posted yesterday on the thread that was deleted that he is NOT on LTS anymore. I guess they tired of his schtick and gave him the boot. They've been known to do that. It's like a frat house, a couple of black balls and you're gone.

Maybe enough ebay buyers will start putting two and two together and figure out what he's been up to for the last few years. Hobby trash just needs to go away...or be put away in a lonely dark cell for a while, at state's expense.

I am glad to hear that LTS stuck to their premise with ssusor. However, it is easy for them to kill ssusor, but PSA is a significant player with this fraud. They are more than just an enabler. I seriously doubt the LTS guys see any fault with PSA, simply ssusor being a thief.

This is where I believe grading companies have a responsibility to ban submitters of this ilk. I do not feel this way just because it is PSA that has facilited the fraud, theft and deception of the hobby for ssusor. I would feel the same way regardless of the grading company.

#1836631 - 08/11/07 06:24 PM Re: Fugitive on the Run? [Re: FYS]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

FYS, I think that "banning" a submitter is a nice idea, but doesn't work practically. I mean, how difficult is it to get another name/address to submit from, if one really cared. Sure, with PSA it would cost another membership fee, but that is small change. This has been discussed at length regarding other folks in the past -- of note, the Long Island Cardboard Cosmetic Surgeon Association, a duo of some "distinction".

I have to say that I have changed my opinion about this particular dealer. There has been too much "stuff" on his recent submissions -- I looked back on my record on raw material from eBAY -- I'm running about 1 EVID TRIM for every 300-400 cards I have submitted. I have gotten a couple of lots (2, ~80 cards total) where I decided that the cards were too suspicious to submit. I do not consider myself tremendously skilled in ID-ing funny business, but it is very obvious when it comes in bunches. I would expect that it is equally obvious to an eBAY power seller.

#1837487 - 08/12/07 10:33 AM Re: Fugitive on the Run? [Re: srs1a]
FYS

Originally Posted By: srs1a
FYS, I think that "banning" a submitter is a nice idea, but doesn't work practically. I mean, how difficult is it to get another name/address to submit from, if one really cared. Sure, with PSA it would cost another membership fee, but that is small change.

I think that is too simplistic of a view. An anaolgy would be that it makes no sense to ticket speeders or guard the Mexico border, because it is not pratical. It is true, but you have to support and enforce some form of fundamental ethics. Also, for them to submit again, they would either have to have a friend do it or purchase an additional collectors club membership fee. If a friend did it, they would lose their privaledges also, when submissions started rolling in with 70% trim jobs. If they opened a new account with the same address, if would be rejected. If a new account was opened at a different address, it would eventually be closed down with trim submissions.

This has been discussed at length regarding other folks in the past -- of note, the Long Island Cardboard Cosmetic Surgeon Association, a duo of some "distinction".

I am out of the loop on these characters. Can you provide more information, so I know who to steer away from.

I have to say that I have changed my opinion about this particular dealer. There has been too much "stuff" on his recent submissions -- I looked back on my record on raw material from eBAY -- I'm running about 1 EVID TRIM for every 300-400 cards I have submitted. I have gotten a couple of lots (2, ~80 cards total) where I decided that the cards were too suspicious to submit. I do not consider myself tremendously skilled in ID-ing funny business, but it is very obvious when it comes in bunches. I would expect that it is equally obvious to an eBAY power seller.

I feel the same way. When the first information surfaced, I did not give it much credance. The person has fantastic eBay feedback and the assumption was that there was a purchase of a bad batch of raw cards. However, when repeated information surfaced, it became a bit too much to ignore.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 6 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.