Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1976675 - 01/06/08 09:30 PM Clemens 60 Minutes
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Man, he is good. Sounds like he was well coached by Mr. Hardin. Never called McNamee a liar. Showed just enough anger to appear believable. Used contractions (didn't vs. did not) which is a sign he is being truthful. Reminds me of Clinton who tried it but didn't inhale. I could imagine he took it in the buttocks, but told the guy he didn't want to know what it was (plausible deniability), didn't like what it did to him or how it made him feel, and then both agreed never to speak a word of it. He sounded more angry that McNamee broke their pact than anything else. Of course, with the editors at 60 M, who knows? One legal professor came on the news and guaranteed there would be somebody suing somebody over this, even before the piece ran. Roger's line to Wallace in that vein was a question like what do you want me to do, keep throwing money at it and no one's mind will be changed? Very strange interview. I read where Mike Wallace is 89 years old. Most of us should hope we can still put multi-syllabic sentences together at that age.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#1976676 - 01/08/08 07:58 AM Re: Clemens 60 Minutes [Re: bbo]
Novocent Administrator
Collector

I agree. The whole thing is really weird. I listened to the tape of that phone conversation last night, and it seemed like both parties were talking, but neither wanted to actually say anything. And they're talking about how much they mean to each other, and meanwhile you know they just want to strangle each other.

The whole episode is like a trainwreck. I'm riveted.

-Al

#1976680 - 01/08/08 04:30 PM Re: Clemens 60 Minutes [Re: Novocent]
FYS
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Michigan - The Spartan State

Clemens involvement breaks my heart a bit. None of the others in the report bothered me much, but Roger hit hard.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.