Page 1 of 18 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1979835 - 01/26/09 05:33 PM Submission FAQs
Brian Administrator
addict

Loc: New York

Here's a post that outlines the do's and don'ts of submitting for anyone who may be unsure. Please feel free to ask any questions!

What holder should I use to send my cards?

- The absolute best holders to use when submitting cards are Card Saver I semi-rigid holders. These are flexible holders that allow a card to be put in and taken out with no risk of damage. Toploaders are usually fine to use but you have to be careful as they don't 'hug' the card like Card Savers and cards can actually slip in transit.

- We do not accept card in screw downs, lucite holders, penny sleeves only, 9 pocket pages, or raw in boxes. All of these methods slow down the process and risk damage to the cards.

What should I pack my cards with?

- It is best to submit your cards in a sturdy box packed tightly with bubble wrap, packing peanuts, or newspaper. Rubber band a stack of Card Savers and pack them securely. Taping them together is not advised as the tape can sometimes be hard to remove. Using pieces of cardboard to stabilize cards is another good idea. Tape the box securely, but do not tape it too much as the box can then become hard to open and risk damaging the cards.

How should I send my cards to you?

- We recommend the Postal Service or Fed Ex when sending cards. A tracking number is very important as it will let you know that we've received the order and comes in handy if an order is taking longer to arrive than normal. Insurance is another thing that should be used on orders when sending to us as it protects you against loss or damage.

Do I need to write my invoice number on each holder?

- No you do not need to write your invoice number on each holder. One helpful thing for the receiving department is keeping your cards in the order they are listed on the invoice. This allows them to verify all cards are present and find any discrepancies quickly.

Do I need to write the service level on the outside of the box?

- This is not necessary, but can be helpful on any orders that are for same day or next day services. Simply writing 'Immediate', 'Walk Thru', or 'Next Day' near the address label will help ensure your order is handled quickly and turned around on time.

How can I pay?

- Payment is due upon receipt of an order. Credit card payment is the easiest way to pay as we can make adjustments in the event of a miscalculation and we can keep it on file for future orders. Payment by check or money order is also accepted.

These are the basics that we're asked most often. A more detailed listing can be found at http://sgccard.com/submission_FAQ.htm.

If you think of any other questions, just let me know!

Brian

#1979837 - 01/26/09 05:35 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

Brian thank you for all the information. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you at SGC. After coming back from my second tour in Iraq, SGC has proven to me to have the best customer service bar none. Thank you for time and for caring about us collectors.
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

#1979895 - 01/27/09 10:38 AM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Blackie]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hi Brian~

I just wanted to make sure the steps below are the proper ones to take to ensure the best shipping and receiving results of my submission:

1) Place each card in a zip lock baggy (make sure it doesn't have any old food or grease stains in it)

2) Stack baggies with submission cards together and place a rubber band around them to hold them secure and from slippage during shipping. For further safety from damage, wrap cardboard around the stack of cards and duck tape closed. This will keep cards very secure!

3) Be sure to wrap the submission form around the package of cards and tape it securely so that it wont come off. This is good so the Shipping department will be able to identify it right away!

4) It is fastest to pay with CASH! Make sure you place the Submission amount plus extra for shipping in an envelope. Be sure to tape the envelope to the package of securely taped cards so it will be readily available. Everyone knows how important it is to pay for your submission! NO MONEY - NO SERVICE!

5) Once you have your cards securely ready to ship as outlined in the steps above, you should find a large box, preferably 24"x 24" x 18" to place your cards in. It may seem excessive, put you want to make sure your packaged cards have lots of cushion for their long journey! Once you have your box, begin filling the bottom of the box with balled up newspaper for padding. Once you have generously covered the bottom with balled up newspaper, set your securely packaged cards in the center of the box, then fill it the rest of the way up with all the balled up newspaper packing you can fit into the box!

6) After you have completed step 5 and are ready to close the box, make sure you use a strong type of tape to secure the top and bottom flaps. I always use Duck tape for best results. Don't forget to also tape up the all edges as well. You want a secure package that can be man-handled! Label your package correctly this way: SPECIAL ATTENTION / BRIAN DWYER!

7) Now the package is ready to be shipped! Take box to the post office. When the teller asks how do you want the package shipped be sure to send it C.O.D. because the shipping costs are in the envelope! Once the package arrives at SGC they can take the money out of the envelope and pay for shipping once it gets there! Nice way of making sure your cards get delivered right?

8) Now the waiting game begins! Sit back and wait for SGC to do their thing! After all, that's WHY we send them our cards right?

DID I MISS ANYTHING BRIAN? I hope I didn't screw up on your instructions!

Edited by EARLSWORLD (01/27/09 10:44 AM)

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

#1979918 - 01/27/09 05:52 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
mattbojo
addict

Loc: Beaumont

Earl,

I thought this was a goof until I got to #5. That is exactly what Heritage Auctions does.

Matt

#1979922 - 01/27/09 07:04 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: mattbojo]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hi Matt!

Thanks for being the first to cast your SGC grades for the contest! I'm not sure I like the ones you think I'll receive (except of course for the 3 87's ) I'll tell you, it is really difficult to tell from just looking at the card from a scan, especially these ones for some reason! When I was going through my stack of raw 58's I thought there would be more higher grades, at least they looked that way. When I scanned them and blew up the pictures, they looked so different! Some of the cards that look good from eyesight don't look so hot on the blown up frame. I just hope it doesn't translate in to bad grades. I mean, I know some are not 7's & 8's, but I don't need a bunch of 70's or 80's. We will see! GOOD LUCK! The pize for first place is a VERY nice mouse pad. I will post a picture up for everyone to check out!

As far as my try at comedy, yes #5 -- that's exactly where I got that from! I have received a number of packages from that place and they ALWAYS sent my little package inside a BIG one! I guess they feel they have to justify the excessive amount they charge for shipping. I wonder what Brian thought or if he saw my post? \:D
 Originally Posted By: mattbojo
Earl,

I thought this was a goof until I got to #5. That is exactly what Heritage Auctions does.

Matt

#1979923 - 01/27/09 07:07 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
Brian Administrator
addict

Earl, just saw the post now. Great stuff. I nominate you as the official informer of new customers. \:\)

#1979924 - 01/27/09 07:29 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hey Brian~ I don't know if I could take the position...it seems like I got a lot of stuff goofed up here! I hope you liked my Weird Al impersonation on the SGC side! \:D All in a day of fun! Hope you had a laugh! If so, I accomplished my goal! Have a great time on the boards tonight! By the way, do you collect - I mean not Benjamins but cards? Catch up with you later~
EARL
 Originally Posted By: Brian
Earl, just saw the post now. Great stuff. I nominate you as the official informer of new customers. \:\)

#1979952 - 01/27/09 09:40 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Duck tape?

How does the duck feel about that?

In rural Texas, I think it's duct tape, but they may pronounce it the way you spell it.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#1979955 - 01/27/09 10:02 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: bbo]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

I didn't even know I made an unintentional, intentional error! lol

#1982272 - 03/12/09 05:36 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
Brian Administrator
addict

Bumping this to the top for new members. I'll keep it at the top for a bit.

Brian

Page 1 of 18 12345>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.