Page all of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1982187 - 03/12/09 12:55 PM Message Board Guidelines
Brian Administrator
addict

Loc: New York

Hi Guys,

We wanted to bring the terms and conditions of the board back to the forefront since there are so many new members. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Brian

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the SGC Message Board and thank you for your participation.

The purpose of the message board is to encourage on-topic discussion of sportscards and the sportscard hobby among registered users.

These message boards will be monitored by SGC appointed moderators. Any thread and/or post containing inappropriate language, nudity, links to adult websites, or any other offensive content will be either edited, deleted or locked at the sole discretion on the moderators.

Any user who threatens another user or uses inflammatory language will be subject to permanent banishment from the message boards. SGC also retains the right to remove any thread, post and/or user that violates the above or engages in subject matter that SGC deems not related to the sportscards or the sportscard hobby in general.

We thank you for your cooperation in this matter and hope that you find these boards to be a good place to discuss sportscards and meet other collectors.

- SGC

#1982198 - 03/12/09 01:31 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Brian]
VitoCo1972

Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Brian, for clarification (and I promise that I'm not being a smart @$$) here...what is considered inappropriate language? I'm not stupid and can assume swear words are off limits, but if you wanted to say I don't give a sh*t, but censor yourself like that, is it a go or no?
#1982202 - 03/12/09 01:51 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: VitoCo1972]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

We will not define inappropriate language. In your example, we do not want curse words, even if the word in not spelled out properly.

Thanks,

Sean Skeffington

#1982235 - 03/12/09 04:23 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: SeanSGC]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Loc: i am the spiral architect

now how am i supposed to type then lol

#1982237 - 03/12/09 04:24 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

RUBE it better be English or i won't be able to read it. This board does not have a translation key.....lol

Edited by Blackie (03/12/09 04:25 PM)
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

#1982239 - 03/12/09 04:30 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

VERY CAREFULLY!! hahaha LOL \:D Hey, Rube! I read the Fandango thread and just shook my head! All I can say is, dirty pool! lol
 Originally Posted By: rube26105

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

#1982245 - 03/12/09 04:40 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
Anonymous Unregistered

Originally Posted By: EARLSWORLD
VERY CAREFULLY!! hahaha LOL \:D Hey, Rube! I read the Fandango thread and just shook my head! All I can say is, dirty pool! lol

Fandango is a world-class tool. Many good folks have been bammed over there, but guys like Fanaticaldango (I like larryallen's nickname the best) and Gary are allowed to keep hanging around - doesn't seem right.

#1982255 - 03/12/09 05:02 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

I just wanted to make a point with that message, this is a totally different place I have found so far...everyone here I have found to be cordial and helpful. And most of the time courteous! No Fandangos here I know of! So, please enjoy your stay!

EARL
 Originally Posted By: TNP777
 Originally Posted By: EARLSWORLD

Fandango is a world-class tool. Many good folks have been bammed over there, but guys like Fanaticaldango (I like larryallen's nickname the best) and Gary are allowed to keep hanging around - doesn't seem right.

#1982271 - 03/12/09 05:36 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

lol-yeah fandango loved me, everybody was lee-that was his theory

#1982285 - 03/12/09 06:07 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
DavidPuddy

Loc: SC via Cleveland

That dude is so confused, I almost had him believe that I was HIM
;\)

#1982293 - 03/12/09 06:36 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: DavidPuddy]
TNTonPMS

Loc: Long Island New York

Yea, go ahead and try to make sense of that . . .I'll hold my breath.

They bam a guy like Randy, who has everyone's admiration is loved by everyone , is one of the most generous, most trusted to trade with , yet they'll keep guys like Gary who is well known for ripping people off time after time.

I won't even get into the situation with Fandingleberry .
He's got a date with fate .

I shouldn't get off topic though, I know it is sometimes tempting to type as we speak and I am guilty as anyone for doing it occasionally .

I just have to try to remember that there are often times, a much younger group present that really don't need to see some of the stuff .

I'll try to keep all that for the PM's and E-mails.

This seems like a really cool forum and Brian seems to be right on top of stuff , questions are answerd rather quickly I have noticed, I really couldn't ask for much more than that .

#1982294 - 03/12/09 06:47 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: TNTonPMS]
VitoCo1972

So TNT, you wouldn't call Brian what you called Carol? HAAAAAAAA! I'm really laughing here. Seriously. This forum seems like a really good place to talk about this ridiculous hobby of ours.
#1982306 - 03/12/09 07:14 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: VitoCo1972]
TNTonPMS

Honestly Vito, I know very little about this forum , but what I have seen so far , I ask myself , what took me so long to get here.

I do notice that Brian is present and he seems to answer questions or what have you, quickly .

I'm confident things will work out very well for me here.

The Carol thing, I held my feelings for a long time , I just blacked out . . . did I really say/type that \:\)

That was way out of character even for me .

#1982310 - 03/12/09 07:20 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: TNTonPMS]
Anonymous Unregistered

Originally Posted By: TNTonPMS
I just blacked out . . . did I really say/type that \:\)

Yes. Yes, you did. I was stunned, then I started cracking up.

#1982311 - 03/12/09 07:22 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: VitoCo1972]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Loc: Richmond, Va.

I'd like to throw an additional idea out as one of the old guys here, if I may.

I loved reading some of the fantastic knowledge that was displayed on the CU boards. When someone asked a card related question, be it about a T206 or a 2008 Topps card, there were always some really informative posts.

There were also some posts "over there" that fell into the realm of ridiculous/way off topic/totally inappropriate, etc. If anyone has ever visited the Beckett board, you'll see much more of what I'm describing.

Please believe me that I love seeing this new blood here, and the cracks on PSA are quite entertaining. I just dont want to see things get totally out of hand. I'd love to see this board continue and grow as an avenue for card collectors to share knowledge and fun.

So without sounding too stuffy, let's have some fun and enjoy each other's company. No matter what you collect, this is a wonderful hobby!

and again, welcome to all the newcomers!

#1982318 - 03/12/09 07:34 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Vintagedeputy]
RepublicaninMass

agreed
#1982319 - 03/12/09 07:35 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Vintagedeputy]
VitoCo1972

Originally Posted By: Vintagedeputy
I'd like to throw an additional idea out as one of the old guys here, if I may.

I loved reading some of the fantastic knowledge that was displayed on the CU boards. When someone asked a card related question, be it about a T206 or a 2008 Topps card, there were always some really informative posts.

There were also some posts "over there" that fell into the realm of ridiculous/way off topic/totally inappropriate, etc. If anyone has ever visited the Beckett board, you'll see much more of what I'm describing.

Please believe me that I love seeing this new blood here, and the cracks on PSA are quite entertaining. I just dont want to see things get totally out of hand. I'd love to see this board continue and grow as an avenue for card collectors to share knowledge and fun.

So without sounding too stuffy, let's have some fun and enjoy each other's company. No matter what you collect, this is a wonderful hobby!

and again, welcome to all the newcomers!

In the immortal words of the six fingered man...

"Well spoken sir"

#1982320 - 03/12/09 07:36 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: RepublicaninMass]
mknez

Loc: Cavs Country, OH

sounds fair
#1982325 - 03/12/09 07:44 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: RepublicaninMass]
TNTonPMS

Very true Vintage , there are some great people over there that have vast knowledge on so many areas of the hobby , some of them moved over here , some are still there and hopefully they will come over as well.

Truth and honesty is becoming a rare quality these days .
I'll not be associated with anything less .

#1982329 - 03/12/09 07:51 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: TNTonPMS]
Tennessee
old hand

This should be the message board motto.

#1982330 - 03/12/09 07:55 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: TNTonPMS]
Tennessee
old hand

Originally Posted By: TNTonPMS
Very true Vintage , there are some great people over there that have vast knowledge on so many areas of the hobby , some of them moved over here , some are still there and hopefully they will come over as well.

I have been contacted by several people via Pm regarding the refund of Psa collector fees over at Cu.
I wont divulge who they are, But there are some very knowledgeable and respected people who are sick and tired of psa's mess.

#1982331 - 03/12/09 07:55 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Vintagedeputy]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

very well put, Vintage deputy! I agree....that is a great Hobby and this a very nice place to come and hang out with fellow collectors which some have become my friends! You can't beat that at all!

#1982333 - 03/12/09 07:57 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Tennessee]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

very nicely put!
 Originally Posted By: Tennessee

This should be the message board motto.

#1982372 - 03/12/09 09:04 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

thats the truth,its just at least for me, im just happy to be out of there lol,and im sure alot of other will come over too- more than the 100+ already, we just be 'cited lol
we are actually being used to to being treated like dirt and getting threads poofed all the time ,

kinda like my 1,500 auto one is gone, that was classless act to poof it by her
anyt hread of me in the title over there will get poofed in 5 seconds?im the nicest guy in the world too, but i done had enough, just like tnt in his post over there telling them off lol- we both got bammed and threads poofed
they get rid of evidence quick \:D

#1982377 - 03/12/09 09:12 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Loc: Richmond, Va.

I'm glad that you guys understand where I'm coming from.

Now let's show the collecting world who the number one grader of choice really is. Let's knock the other guys on their butts!

Jim

#1982396 - 03/12/09 09:32 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Vintagedeputy]
SMtJoy
veteran

Agree with you 100% Vintagedeputy!
#1982397 - 03/12/09 09:35 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: SMtJoy]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: SMtJoy
Agree with you 100% Vintagedeputy!

me to jim--glad to be somewhere where you arent a number is just amazing to us all right no actually, were befuddled to be somplace where they dont want to fight on everythead about everthing,it gets old lol

#1982407 - 03/12/09 09:51 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

lol-ok who is you- you're not carol

#1982414 - 03/12/09 10:05 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
basspro77
stranger

Loc: florida

#1982420 - 03/12/09 10:13 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
VitoCo1972

Originally Posted By: JoeOrlando
Hello Randy

awesome

#1982421 - 03/12/09 10:13 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
Novocent Administrator
Collector

Guys -

Can I share an opinion? Vintagedeputy hit it right on the head with his earlier post. I understand some of the new folks over here have some legitimate gripes. But this board has, mostly, tried to avoid direct potshots at specific people across the street. We just sort of do our own thing, and enjoy the hobby. With all due respect, can we not have people choosing user IDs like Joe Orlando and carolj?

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but those are the kinds of posts that get deleted, and I hate to see posts getting deleted when there's so much enthusiasm.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from and don't take this the wrong way. \:\)

-Al

#1982429 - 03/12/09 10:28 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Novocent]
MeteoriteGuy

Loc: Kansas

I imagine both of those IDs are one person and hardly a statement from the 75 or so of us.

#1982430 - 03/12/09 10:30 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: MeteoriteGuy]
Novocent Administrator
Collector

Oh, ABSOLUTELY. No question. But I'm hoping if the 75 or so of you say "Agreed," maybe the other person will stop posting that way.

-Al

#1982431 - 03/12/09 10:33 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Novocent]
MeteoriteGuy

Loc: Kansas

Originally Posted By: Novocent
Oh, ABSOLUTELY. No question. But I'm hoping if the 75 or so of you say "Agreed," maybe the other person will stop posting that way.

-Al

"Agreed" one of 75 or so.

#1982433 - 03/12/09 10:47 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: JoeOrlando
Hello Randy

hello alt lol-thats funny- you got their email addys up there to, too funny-carolj or joe woulnt take the time to check out this board, let alone email me back with a question i ask them ,

now brian, hes johnny on the spot,you got a question, hes right there with an answer,is why my 1st sub went in today, hes a nice guy and isnt into playing games, id bam both ids, ive heard their names enuff personally and just as soon forget em like AL said above, if you are trying to irk me, one of my fans from psa, it wont work, youll just be ip blocked like carol does people-because we really dont need this right now-sure i cant stand em, or psa, but that is just in bad taste to make a alt of carolj and joey o

#1982440 - 03/12/09 11:27 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
BigRedOne
old hand

Rube is there NO escapE!!!

You gotta admit that the Carol and Joe post are friggin Hilarious! I can't stop laughing.

Its like the 6400 dollar question... who's trying to huant you like that?

I gotta go have a smoke and wipe the snot that flew out of my nose off my key board from laughing.

John

#1982442 - 03/12/09 11:38 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: BigRedOne]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: BigRedOne
Rube is there NO escapE!!!

You gotta admit that the Carol and Joe post are friggin Hilarious! I can't stop laughing.

Its like the 6400 dollar question... who's trying to huant you like that?

I gotta go have a smoke and wipe the snot that flew out of my nose off my key board from laughing.

John

lol- i dunno john- over at psa eith ya lovedme or ya hated me, was no inbtween, it hard to tell, im sure brian can ip block them though-we dont need this stuff, im trying to steer clear of psa competley- when i saw carolj show up i kne something was funny, since it was 10pm and psa is closed,dont take a brain surgeon to figure that one out, whoever youar e,id stop posting , or you get bammed, guarantee it,even if it was meant to be funny

#1982443 - 03/12/09 11:48 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

i think if it was somebody i knew and was friends with,they would let me in on it first???i would say, no fiend of mine from psa would do it, but somebody ive told where tostick it before,yeah, without a doubt

#1982445 - 03/13/09 12:00 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Novocent]
purduepete
enthusiast

Loc: USA

-Al

Al, please don't think that all of us that have recently come over to the SGC forum behave the same as the individual that is currently flame-baiting Rube. I'm sure that Randy will take the high road with this individual.

I can only speak for myself, but the reasons I am here are to be able to talk about the hobby of card collecting, and to be able to see some of the prized cards of other collectors.

I can only assume that the others feel the same way.

My 2 cents...

Tom

My White Sox prewar set

#1982446 - 03/13/09 12:06 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: purduepete]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: purduepete

-Al

Al, please don't think that all of us that have recently come over to the SGC forum behave the same as the individual that is currently flame-baiting Rube. I'm sure that Randy will take the high road with this individual.

I can only speak for myself, but the reasons I am here are to be able to talk about the hobby of card collecting, and to be able to see some of the prized cards of other collectors.

I can only assume that the others feel the same way.

My 2 cents...

Tom

true tom, i cant help it if some idiot comes over her and wants to fight with me with a carolj and joe o alt, i saw past that in 2 second, you dont get to be old by being stupid lol, fandando comes to mid right off the bat to me

#1982472 - 03/13/09 05:56 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
mkg809
stranger

where am I?
#1982473 - 03/13/09 06:02 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: mkg809]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

mkg809.............i asked myself that question the first time i ever set foot in Paris Island..........what a question that is.

#1982486 - 03/13/09 07:17 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Blackie]
BunchOBull

Loc: Texas by way of Georgia

Blackie...are you a Mason by chance?

#1982488 - 03/13/09 07:33 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: BunchOBull]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Yes

#1982493 - 03/13/09 07:45 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Blackie]
BunchOBull

Loc: Texas by way of Georgia

You Paris Island boys do it right lol. Solomon's Lodge #1, Savannah, GA.

#1982512 - 03/13/09 08:08 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: mkg809]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: mkg809
where am I?

we like to call it nocarolland for now, we just happy to be here lol

#1982513 - 03/13/09 08:15 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Good stuff Rube. Ross great to talk with you brother. I will get with you sometime on PM. Im trying to check this board as much as possible but the Battery commander is floating around....lol

#1982905 - 03/14/09 11:22 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Blackie]
bigwilli
stranger

I do remember the day i joined the cu boards . I wanted to learn all i could about cards i liked and the many great "era's" to card collecting . I will say i did learn alot but there were many times where things just seemed to get out of control . Most people on the cu boards were helpful and very knowledgeable but it always seemed to get ruined by a few that had it out for others . I think this board seems to be much more "freindly" and i hope we can get back to what these boards are supposed to be about . Sharing and learning about the great hobby of card collecting.
#1982910 - 03/14/09 11:44 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: bigwilli]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Welcome to SGC forums! It is very good to hear a refreshing comment! I think you described exactly what SGC forums is really all about. The difference here is that everyone enjoys talking and sharing about their collecting interests. On occasion there maybe the usual debate about something but we are all friends and try to be supportive even in our disagreements. It IS important, at least to me that it always remain a friendly and welcoming place for everyone here and those who will come next as we came before them. There is nothing better in the world to me than a great discussion about cards and sharing that with a group of people I like and respect. Thanks for the reminder and again, WELCOME to SGC!

EARL
 Originally Posted By: bigwilli
I do remember the day i joined the cu boards . I wanted to learn all i could about cards i liked and the many great "era's" to card collecting . I will say i did learn alot but there were many times where things just seemed to get out of control . Most people on the cu boards were helpful and very knowledgeable but it always seemed to get ruined by a few that had it out for others . I think this board seems to be much more "freindly" and i hope we can get back to what these boards are supposed to be about . Sharing and learning about the great hobby of card collecting.

#1983008 - 03/14/09 04:29 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

hi keith!!!!!!!:)

#1984068 - 03/23/09 04:40 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
TNTonPMS

When you say " A mason " do you mean like King soloman and his followers ?

Or do you mean , a mason as in what I am, I build with stone , block and brick . .

I found a really old book the other day , it says in it ,
King Solomon and his followers
NY
A valuable aid to the memory
Strictly in accordance with the revised work
Copyright 1894
C.Gavitt
Copyright 1915 by Allen Publishing co
John and Dutch streets NY NY

And it is written 98% in some kind of code I can not decypher .
I'm thinking a Mason would want this old book ?
But probably only one from NY ?

#1984296 - 03/26/09 02:45 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: rube26105]
jmbkb4
journeyman

Hi rube!

#1984590 - 03/29/09 07:35 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: DavidPuddy]
Anonymous Unregistered

Canadians are stinky.
#1985478 - 04/11/09 01:29 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: ]
nightcrawler
enthusiast

Loc: Downtown Canada

Here ya go Bill

#1986950 - 05/25/09 08:40 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: DavidPuddy]
BigRedOne
old hand

Brian

Can one use the voucher you sent message board users on the may Special?

John

#1986951 - 05/26/09 04:33 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: BigRedOne]
Brian Administrator
addict

Loc: New York

Hi John,

The voucher can be used on any submissions.

Thanks,

Brian

#1986984 - 05/26/09 06:57 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Brian]
BigRedOne
old hand

Thanks Brian!

Sub is on the way!

John

#2000947 - 06/02/11 06:55 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: BigRedOne]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: BigRedOne
Thanks Brian!

Sub is on the way!

John
I think I just spotted...none other than the BigRedOne! LOL

#2001020 - 06/11/11 03:20 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Earl you still working on the 58 set??

#2001021 - 06/11/11 04:58 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: Blackie]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hi Rob ~

Not the same one you knew of when we first met...sold it last summer. I am however working on an all autographed 58 Topps set. You can see some of it under the autograph's forum. How have you been....glad to see you are back on the Board!

#2001024 - 06/11/11 05:38 PM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: EARLSWORLD]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Doing good.......been very busy with military lately but had to get back in the collecting world. The 58 Auto set sounds tough but it would sure be worth it. Ive started the 52 Topps Wings set and am looking for a good start on the SGC graded set. Do you know of anyone on the boards that started a set but are wishing to sell at some point?

Good to be back on Earl and hope to talk more soon brother.

#2017635 - 08/05/13 11:58 AM Re: Message Board Guidelines [Re: mkg809]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: mkg809
where am I?

in the blue oyster clue in frisco u idoit , dont ya know where yer posting from
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Page all of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (goldenhawk) and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.038 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.