Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1982274 - 03/12/09 05:38 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

Congrats on the new job Earl. Brian thats a top notch pick. Eary is the best at welcoming.
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

#1982338 - 03/12/09 08:10 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Thanks Brian & Rob! I admire and respect the collecting community here and value each person that comes along to spend time here. I take it as an opportunity to meet new people and to share and learn more about a Hobby that is very important to me. I just like extending a warm welcome to every new person that comes along here because I remember what it was like when I was new and someone did the same for me. There are a great bunch of guys here who I have had the opportunity to spend time with chatting about our cards and collections. I have been in "school" since I arrived at SGC with many teachers here who have taken the time to extend their knowledge about collecting with me. So, yes, I think greeting new collectors with a warm welcome is important. And that's why I try my best to make a personal attempt at doing so.

As far as everyone that came over in the PSA stampede, I have been trying to welcome all of you but I had to jump out of the way or I would have gotten run over by Randy! lol I just want to say to everyone who came that it means a LOT to me personally that you are here. I have been hoping for this day for quite awhile now. It is nice not just having new names on the boards, but nice having quality people to share a Hobby I love so much with. And that's why I am here. WELCOME EVERYONE!
 Originally Posted By: Brian
Earl, just saw the post now. Great stuff. I nominate you as the official informer of new customers. \:\)

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

#1982530 - 03/13/09 09:27 AM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Brian another bump.........

#1982689 - 03/13/09 07:42 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Blackie]
yankeeno7
enthusiast

I have a question about crossovers...when you receive a card...I will use an example of a PSA 7...Do the graders take that card and give their own assessment even if they feel it is higher than a 7? Basically what Im asking is can a card bump up as well as stay the same or down?
Thanks
Barry

#1982692 - 03/13/09 07:52 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: yankeeno7]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hey Barry~

If you look at my grades that just popped I posted you will see several cards that were crossed over (but I cracked them out first). The few I sent made the crossover a couple got bumped and a couple went down!

#1982694 - 03/13/09 07:56 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
yankeeno7
enthusiast

So you think it's better to crack and sub rather than go with the crossover?
#1982698 - 03/13/09 08:08 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: yankeeno7]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

No, I wouldn't say that. It is just something I personally did. I did it for these reasons:

1) I didn't know if there was an extra cost for this service
2) The debate of bias with the card already being graded
3) shipping weight

With SGC, crossovers are handled different than regular subs. You can request the same or higher grade only or accept a lower if you want. I figure if I am going to crossover a card and can accept whatever grade it may bring, then I will crack it out and send raw. If it is a card that I do not want to chance losing a grade like a HOF'er for instance, then I will not crack out but send in its graded holder and request same or higher grade. Please don't take the wrong impression from my method to think I imply that SGC graders would be biased or unfair if you send your crossovers in their holders....NOT AT ALL! I believe you will receive whatever the correct grade is regardless. They are well trained and professional and I don't think it matters about the current holder. I like to crack cards out myself and find shipping weight saves me money!

#1982702 - 03/13/09 08:12 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: EARLSWORLD]
mknez

Loc: Cavs Country, OH

Earl,
If you crack it out, is it still a crossover? Do you submit the flip with the card or something? I'm confused

Mike

#1982704 - 03/13/09 08:13 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: mknez]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

I haven't cracked and sent yet.......SGC has graded right on the dot..........Im almost afraid to crack out.

#1982706 - 03/13/09 08:15 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: mknez]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

no...it is not "OFFICIALLY" one anymore! I call it a crossover because technically it is to me because I cracked the card out but sent it in raw....I see what you are saying about the confusion. I never really thought about that...you must send in the card in it's original graded holder to be considered a CROSSOVER. Sorry for my causing confusion!

Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 12 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.074 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.