Page 10 of 18 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#1992832 - 01/05/10 01:36 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: SMtJoy]
Danny

Loc: WA, USA

Brian,
WOW. To be able to send raw and crossover on the same invoice. That is real cool and I was not aware of that. I know at PSA- don't even think about mixing cards and crossovers.

#1992833 - 01/05/10 01:37 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: ThoseBackPages]
Brian Administrator
addict

Loc: New York

If you create an online invoice, all the charges will be itemized, but in a nutshell, here's a quick outline.

You can have your cards returned via USPS or FedEx and the cost would vary based on the number of cards in your order and the declared value.

Orders valued up to $50,000 may be sent via FedEx.

Orders valued up to $25,000 may be sent via USPS Registered Mail.

Orders valued up to $900 may be sent via USPS Insured Mail.

Base postage for a USPS order would be $8 for 1-10 cards, $12 for 11-20, and then $2 more per additional 10 cards until you get to 90+ cards at which time you'd be notified of the exact cost upon completion of your order.

Insurance ranges from $2.65 to $11 for Insured USPS packages and from $11.50 to $46.85 for Registered Mail packages.

Insurance via FedEx is free up to $500 and is then $3 per additional $500 coverage.

Any package sent via USPS with a value of $200.01 or more will have to be signed for upon delivery.

Any package sent via FedEx which you'd like to sign for would cost $3.25 to ensure that an adult signature is obtained and the package is not left at your door.

Any package being sent to a house is an additional $2.10 via FedEx.

FedEx costs are determined by time zone and services vary from Next AM, Next PM, and 2 Day. The costs range from $16 to $56 and cover up to 30 cards. An additional $2 per 10 cards would apply past that.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Brian

#1992846 - 01/05/10 09:54 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
SMtJoy
veteran

Danny, not only can you send in raw and crossovers on one order, you can also include different size slabs (like regular with tallboy, etc). They will combine all your cards so you only have to pay one total shipping for everything.

SGC is hands down the leader in this area!

Ohh and no darn labels needed on every top loader too )

#1993609 - 01/30/10 01:14 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: SMtJoy]
Blackborder
stranger

I haven't submitted directly yet, but I own SGC cards that have both a hologram sticker on the back and some with a molded plastic logo. I'm assuming the hologram slabs are newer and those are the ones you'll get if you submit. Correct? Thanks,
#1993610 - 01/30/10 01:39 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Blackborder]
Irwin Fletcher
addict

Loc: New Jersey

Actually, the newer and current SGC slabs have the molded plastic logo. The holograms are on the older slabs.
#1993612 - 01/30/10 02:33 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Irwin Fletcher]
Blackborder
stranger

Thanks, appreciate the info. Another question, does SGC slab postcards such as this? Thanks,

#1993613 - 01/30/10 03:36 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Blackborder]
Brian Administrator
addict

Provided we can date the piece, it is most likely something we can grade. A publisher to which it can be attributed would be the best case scenario, but we could also generically label it as a postcard if need be.

Brian

#1993618 - 01/30/10 07:19 PM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Blackborder]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Loc: i am the spiral architect

Originally Posted By: Blackborder
I haven't submitted directly yet, but I own SGC cards that have both a hologram sticker on the back and some with a molded plastic logo. I'm assuming the hologram slabs are newer and those are the ones you'll get if you submit. Correct? Thanks,

DON,IS THAT YOU?PSA DON COIN FORUM LOGUT LINK DON LOL-GIKME A PM BUD WHETHER IS IT IR NOT, his NAME WAS DON, AND A hid id was blackborder on opsa, and he was a great guy, we all got kicked off psa about the same time me/you,jay, bill, im going on my 1 year anniversary now 3/10/10 psa free- the only way to live \:D

#1993753 - 02/04/10 06:11 AM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: Brian]
mtduffer
stranger

Brian,

I do not know if this is the correct Message Board, but here goes anyway.

I have had, in the past, several cards graded by you all and have been extremely satisfied.

My question is --- Can a person ask you to only encapsulate a certain grade and above? If so is there any surcharge for that? Or would it behove me to just stick to just having all graded and encapsulated.

Or is it possible to have you grade them and encapsulate them, but only put the Grade on a certain grade and above?

Walt
Montana

#1993754 - 02/04/10 06:59 AM Re: Submission FAQs [Re: mtduffer]
Brian Administrator
addict

Originally Posted By: mtduffer
Brian,

I do not know if this is the correct Message Board, but here goes anyway.

I have had, in the past, several cards graded by you all and have been extremely satisfied.

My question is --- Can a person ask you to only encapsulate a certain grade and above? If so is there any surcharge for that? Or would it behove me to just stick to just having all graded and encapsulated.

Or is it possible to have you grade them and encapsulate them, but only put the Grade on a certain grade and above?

Walt
Montana

Hi Walt,

It is definitely possible to request a minimum grade on any card that you submit. It is most common on crossovers, but we do have customers that request it on a raw card. When filling out your form, you would put the minimum grade in the variations/comments column. Putting a note on the front of the card holder with the minimum grade would also be a very good idea.

You do pay the full grading fee either way, so the majority of customers will choose to have all their cards graded and encapsulated.

You can also ask that we put your card in an Authentic holder if the card doesn't meet your minimum grade. This would verify the card's authenticity and protect it, but would not give it a numerical grade. The only thing I would mention with this option is that people will likely assume the card has been trimmed or altered if you go to sell it. It is very rare that we put a card that is numerically gradeable in an Authentic holder.

This month we are running a Prescreen special where you can request a minimum grade on lots of 100 cards or more. The cost is $2 per card and $4 additional for any that meet your grade. This would be a good option if you have the quantity of cards because it will save you several dollars per card on anything that doesn't meet your grade.

Hopefully this answered your questions...if not, please let me know.

Thank you,

Brian

Page 10 of 18 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 10 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.