Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1999297 - 01/28/11 04:24 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: Eaglerun]
VANSLYKEFAN18
old hand

Loc: Staten Island, NY

Thanks for posting the update, good to hear you guys worked something out and it went smooth.
#2000320 - 05/04/11 11:08 AM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: bobbyw8469]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Loc: i am the spiral architect

its the tooth too

#2000590 - 05/16/11 11:19 AM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: Eaglerun]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

I've had a potential deal in the works for about three weeks. I was working with Karson who answers the email address on Mr. Stuckemeyer's Registry sets.

It was a strange process from the get-go.

He asked me to send him a list of the cards I was interested in and a price I was willing to pay. [Sight unseen, BTW.]

I sent the list and after researching the VCP prices for all 85 cards, included prices very much in line with market value.

He responded by saying he would send me an invoice. When I asked for scans, he refused. The invoice required a Cashier's Check and an "All sales are final" notation at the bottom of the page.

I finally convinced him to scan the top 12 cards by dollar value. He first belittled my "offer" saying it wasn't close to SMR. He didn't seem to be all that aware of VCP and market pricing.

After about a week, he finally sent me a scan of one of the cards, a very fuzzy, low quality scan that showed an off-centered 88.

Needless to say, the deal was called off. Draw your own conclusions.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2000591 - 05/16/11 11:23 AM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: bbo]
K-dog
veteran

I have read through this thread several times and have no idea who any of the named people are...but from what BBO just posted, it sounds like the cards in this collection is owned(or being controlled) by someone who is only concerned about grades and not the actual card that is inside the holder!
#2000599 - 05/16/11 01:15 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: bbo]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Nice to hear from you Mike!

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

#2000601 - 05/16/11 01:55 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: EARLSWORLD]
bbo
The Collectinator

Quote:
This is just a plain ole example why a pig farmer don't run Ford Motor Company. The person here obviously uneducated to card values, card conditions (low-hi grades within a grade), market trends or the Hobby itself. He is like most non collecting people who reach for the SMR with high demanding expectations to get whatever he sees printed on the page. He has no attachment to what it is, no perception to any market history and is mindful of one thing...getting a price that is unrealistic and not reflecting current market values. You can see sellers like this at every show moving from dealer table to dealer table with the same unchanging spiel usually quoting verbatim what the card sells for according to SMR. I know the guy handling the Stuckemeyer collection is not a collector and probably cares less about the Hobby but has a job to do. However, he would do himself a great favor and those who would be dealing with him by becoming more educated about card values and Hobby norms and expectations. Courtesy and understanding go a long way in this business! I can't even believe you considered making a deal site unseen bbo. I think pulling the plug on the deal might have been a smart thing to do.

Gee, Earl, I don't know where to start with your assinine comments.

First of all, he told me that he is a card collector and that is how he met Stuckemeyer. So your assumption is wrong. Now, he may be lacking the experience that Randy, me or even you(?) have, but he's not the idiot you paint him to be in your post.

Secondly, he is not a dealer. He's doing this (responding to email inquiries) as a favor to the family. Personally, I think he's over his head as the collection is massive. He's probably not getting paid anything for his time and efforts.

Thirdly, how I do deals may surprise you, seeing as how you absolutely obsessed over a $29 deal I sent your way, along with my actual original invoice, causing me to finally tell you to send me what you thought it was worth, just to be done with it. (Thanks for the "generous" $15...I only lost $14 on the deal with you! That's the last time I shop for specific cards for your list.)

Finally, he pulled the plug, not me, when he realized he didn't have the time or expertise to scan the cards, or perhaps realized many of the cards on my list were in poor condition-for-the-grade SGC holders. Which we all know can be the case with older SGC slabs.

I guess you're trying to chime in here for the "team" but really Earl, you just went down a notch or two in my mind.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2000602 - 05/16/11 03:18 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: bbo]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Wow, bbo! Thanks! You always have a new way of surprising me...but you did say read between the lines didn't you? And personally from the slant on your post I took it to mean exactly what I wrote. I guess trying to show support to you as a collector or gain insight from your experience is obviously an asinine thing to ever do. My bad..don't worry that mistake will never happen again. What I said was based on my interpretation of what you wrote and simply my opinion. If I was wrong so be it. However, you always have a way of lashing out at others here when what they say doesn't jive with what you feel or believe. It's not always what you say, but the way you say it. As far as losing anything in your book about me, sorry you feel that way, but it certainly isn't going to change who I am. Sorry you didn't like my post.

#2000604 - 05/16/11 03:30 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: EARLSWORLD]
bbo
The Collectinator

Originally Posted By: EARLSWORLD
...but you did say read between the lines didn't you?

Show me where I wrote that?

"Draw your own conclusions" doesn't mean post out of ignorance. Maybe you should take your fingers off the keyboard and not try to chime in on every thread you read when you have nothing relevant to say.

The thread is about individual experiences with the seller of a large SGC collection. If you have no such experience, post with some measure of restraint so you don't show all of your ignorance at once.

#2000605 - 05/16/11 03:37 PM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: bbo]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

...much love to you to bbo!

#2000621 - 05/17/11 09:25 AM Re: R. Stuckemeyer [Re: EARLSWORLD]
bobbyw8469
journeyman

Can't we all just get along?
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.