Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2000296 - 05/03/11 11:18 AM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: EARLSWORLD]
oldschoolpackers

Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Earl,
I'm hoping that SGC will recognize team sets and perhaps collections under "The way we collect" category as well in their future registry awards. Considering that I currently only collect Packers and I know that others on here only collect certain teams, eras, and categories. Perhaps they could even look at sets that are in progress (maybe not a good idea, I don't know) as some people have a great start on certain sets. The awards could recognize sets in progress and help push collectors to finishing these sets with rewards and incentives to grade the entire set. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what's up for the future here at SGC. I collect SGC exclusively and stand behind the 110%. While I buy PSA, it's strictly to cross over and t be honest, their standards pale in comparison to my experience with SGC. Thanks for the info. Chris

#2000298 - 05/03/11 12:10 PM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: oldschoolpackers]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Hey Chris...

Long time since I last heard from you! I still see the old familiar sigline tho! \:\) I just wanted to let you know that all of those things are going to be given more weight and consideration as new ideas are developed and implemented. One of the things you mention was also brought up in my conversation as to recognizing specialty sets, player sets, team sets and so on. What you are going to find is that SGC is going to be looking at new ways of creating a greater interest that will try to be as inclusive to every collector who participates in the Registry, as well as trying to draw in more collectors who either collect SGC graded cards that don't use the registry or attract collectors who may have never tried their brand and service. What is exciting, Chris, is the fact that more time and attention will be given to these issues and I think everyone will be pleased to see that the "new and improved" SGC wants to grow in every facet of their services and provide a greater collecting experience for everyone here.

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

#2000405 - 05/07/11 04:31 PM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: EARLSWORLD]
goldenhawk
addict

Loc: ky

PSA is like Germany.If the United States had waited 2 more yrs before entering the war,we would all be speaking German now.Im afraid were all going to be speaking PSA.
#2000406 - 05/07/11 04:37 PM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: goldenhawk]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

No problem.

We've got Rube on our side. He probably knows who "Hitler" is over there and where he's hiding out.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2000544 - 05/13/11 07:01 PM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: EARLSWORLD]
mid72
journeyman

Could SGC ever do a registry special where they charged $6.00 a card and then credited back or put on your account $2.00 per card once the cards were actually added to the registry? Maybe $7.00 and $5.00. It would motivate people to use the registry. I am having a hard time adding to sets and as someone stated above, much of my set work is done by raw submissions, which is entertaining, but very slow moving.

On another note I broke out five PSA 1970 Topps Super glossy football and this was the outcome:

PSA 8 Griese = SGC 80
PSA 8.5 Little = SGC 84
PSA 8 Little = SGC 80
PSA 8 Biletnikof = SGC 84
PSA 9 Jackson = SGC 96

This is a little scary and relates to an above comment how trying to use PSA cards to fill in sets is high cost nightmare.

I am into the above cards for about $96.00 and they are worth about $45.00.

So - a significant registry special would be great. SGC may take a hit but long term it would help.

I choose SGC for consistency, great customer service, and the wicked (yes I am from Maine) cool holders.

Thanks SGC

#2000550 - 05/14/11 08:34 AM Re: ACTION !!!!!! [Re: mid72]
EARLSWORLD Administrator
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: mid72
I choose SGC for consistency, great customer service, and the wicked (yes I am from Maine) cool holders. Thanks SGC
I have been talking with Michael regarding trying to get some specials and discounts for Registry set collectors and there is a great interest on SGC's behalf to try and work something out individually where they can. If anyone here has a Registry submission proposal they'd like for me to try and negotiate for them, PM me and I'd be glad to see what I can do for you. One of the areas I want to see more attention and growth in is the Registry so anything I can do to help just let me know.

BROOKS ROBINSON ~ One of the Greatest to Ever Play the Game!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.