Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#2010287 - 08/24/12 11:42 PM Banned Again
BigRedOne
old hand

It seems the moderator on the CU board didn't like some of my comments questioning the corruption that has been going on between PSA and the big consigners. Rather than address the questions in a professional way they just silence you by banning you.

Not that I really need their corrupt services, but I really had a lot of good card contacts on the boards, I'll get another account set up to keep in touch with those collectors.
I had a few card deals in progress and hope those I was dealing with don't get mad that I haven't responded to them.

Its really sad that a company that was founded on helping protect the card hobby from fraud has abandoned its integrity and fallen prey to the greed and corruption it initially set out to help protect the hobby and its collectors from.

The funny thing is that many of the top PSA collectors are very much aware of the corruption, but are willing to overlook it as long as it doesn't effect the value of "Their" cards.

I guess my comments that some of the PSA Registry collectors could care less weather a card is fake, trimmed, or given Prefered grades for the big consigners, celebrities or just for the notority and exposure of having rare/high profile cards in their slab, as with the trimmed Hornus Wagner, the very questionable grading on the Dimentri Young cards to the Black swamp questions doesn't really matter as long as it looks good in the set registry and the money is there.
And lets not forget the .05 money grab scam.

Its really sad to see many collectors abandon their own integrity and allow themselves to be played for fools, as long as the money and value is there.

I guess its just the world we live in where people are willing to throw their own mother under the bus to make a buck.

John

Edited by BigRedOne (08/24/12 11:46 PM)

#2010288 - 08/25/12 03:20 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: BigRedOne]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

+1 (esp. RE: the half-grade deception/lie/scam)

Joe Orlando has a mother???

Never get cheated....indeed.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2010289 - 08/25/12 05:27 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: bbo]
trex
addict

+2. Wow! They have self-appointed "hall monitors" now where if you say something they don't agree with they report you. I'm surprised I haven't been banned, not that it would matter to me. I feel bad for you though with the card deals you had going. Personally, unless there's something I missed in the past few days, I haven't seen anything bannable. As for me you post very informative threads and I personally picked up a lot of valuable information from your posts there. Oh well....their loss.

Edited by trex (08/25/12 07:15 AM)

#2010290 - 08/25/12 05:55 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: trex]
K-dog
veteran

Are you going to continue the 88 Topps football set you were showing over there on here from this point on???
#2010291 - 08/25/12 07:02 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: K-dog]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

John, sorry to hear that happened to you brother. I have been a memeber of those boards since 2004 and it slowly went down over time. I know i visit the buy,sell,trade section every once in a awhile looking for stray SGC graded 58 Topps that may be out there.
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

#2010293 - 08/25/12 07:31 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: Blackie]
trex
addict

Originally Posted By: Blackie
John, sorry to hear that happened to you brother. I have been a memeber of those boards since 2004 and it slowly went down over time. I know i visit the buy,sell,trade section every once in a awhile looking for stray SGC graded 58 Topps that may be out there.

Sorry????? He should wear it as a badge of honor. Other than messing up his card deals.

#2010299 - 08/25/12 10:15 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: trex]
BigRedOne
old hand

I can't say that Im surprised. With the refusal to openly discuss legitimate questions and concerns from the very collectors you are suppose to be protecting from hobby fraud, it only heightens the suspitions by trying to systematically silence those questioning some of the suspect practices going on.

From corrupt politicians to Al Capone, eliminating the witnesses and whistle blowers has always been a effective ploy when trying to preserve one's crimminal empire.

Its not an SGC vs PSA thing. I know SGC has had a few questionable things in its past as well and if I see the kind of fraud and corruption I suspect is going on with PSA happening with SGC or BGS or any TPGer, I will confront and question that authority if it means protecting the hobby I love. If that gets me banned from here as well then so be it.

Ive been an advid card collector since I was 7 years old and going on 40 years now and there has never been a shortage of parasites trying to fraud the hobby for profit, especially since the early 90's to present. I will continue to call them out to protect the integrity of the hobby I've loved since chilhood.

This was my hobby long before the investors and "whats it Worth" money people came along to steal it from the kids. In the end it will always be the individual collectors that will have to be the watchdogs to protect the integrity of their hobby and not just take it at face value that big self proclaimed corprate money people are in it for your best interest.

TEX:
Its likely most of my posts were "poofed" before you saw them. Its kind of like when the Nazi propoganda machine controled what the masses were allowed to see and hear during WWII.

K-Dog. I'll restart my 88 post here and give it a try. I had put a lot of work into that post and had quite a following on it.
The main problem with the SGC board is that it does not allow you to continually edit the same post. The other point is that most of the members here are vintage baseball guys and not much interest is had with a "modern" football set.

John

Edited by BigRedOne (08/25/12 10:20 AM)

#2010300 - 08/25/12 11:25 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: BigRedOne]
Leon1945
enthusiast

Red, I could use your expertise on the 1971 Football cards once more. Do very small gum or wax stains on the back of the card, hurt the grading by SGC dramatically?

I have the #1 Unitas that is very well centered with sharp corners, but found a small wax stain on the back of the card.

thanks

#2010361 - 08/28/12 12:11 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: BigRedOne]
rube26105
Pooh-Bah

Loc: i am the spiral architect

join the club!!!!!!!!!!!
no big loss in getting kicked off psa lol
i miss the bst forum, thats about it, they can have it

this has been a 3:11 am quarterly update from rube

#2010365 - 08/28/12 04:04 AM Re: Banned Again [Re: rube26105]
BigRedOne
old hand

Leon

Ive not subbed any with Stains on them.
I would suppose they would treat it like any other card with a wax stain on the back.

Its depends on the serverity of the stain and just how noticable it is.

Wax Stains on the back are not allowed for cards in my sets, so I look at them unfavorably.

Some others are more tolerante depending on the stain.

I would think SGC would down grade the card one grade, maybe more depending on how noticable it is.

Im only guessing here as you just never know what some of these TPG are thinking sometimes.

John

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.