Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2011190 - 09/24/12 07:27 PM Backdoor cards;Or why not to buy new cards!
CTROOP11

Loc: Toronto,Canada

Interesting article why this is a print money business now...check this out!!!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/372350-cup-2011-12-holy-grail-back-doored.html

#2011191 - 09/24/12 07:35 PM Re: Backdoor cards;Or why not to buy new cards! [Re: CTROOP11]
33rdStreet
addict

Loc: NC

I have no clue why anyone would spend that kind of money on a new card right out of a pack when topps or whoever will just produce another one of one or super high end piece of crap the following year??? Give me 15k to spend on a sportscard and I'm dropping it on a few vintage gems that can't ever be replicated! A mantle/mays/Unitas rookie!
#2011194 - 09/24/12 11:15 PM Re: Backdoor cards;Or why not to buy new cards! [Re: 33rdStreet]
CTROOP11

They people buying just want to make a quick profit on eBay...
Following is a couple thread replies about the new ud Cup product(hockey)....enjoy...

on sept 11 i drove around la county and orange county looking for the cup price is so wacked got some at 365 to 525,,, now that is a problem,, greedy people,, i agree what hermanotarjeta is saying they did take all the value away,, cards are selling below last years cup, very sad my best hits too bad there all redemptions

If you read previous threads about the "little value" why in the world did you drive all over hell's half acre spending 10 grand on the Cup? Madness.

#2011332 - 09/27/12 02:17 PM Re: Backdoor cards;Or why not to buy new cards! [Re: CTROOP11]
CTROOP11

Interesting thread...keeps getting worse..continuation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
Well you do realize you are making some pretty serious accusations with little to no proof, what do you expect? There are a few unlikely, but still plausible, reasons how this could have happened:

1) Maybe he breaks a LOT of The Cup. I'm sure you are aware that there are some collectors out there who break mind-boggling amounts of The Cup, one of whom is a member here, so there is a small chance that he did in fact pull those cards. Instead of listing hundreds of singles maybe he sells the huge hits and someone else handles the sales of the lesser cards on his behalf. It's not unusual.

2) Maybe he is a dealer or store owner and his customers pull the cards which he then sells for them on eBay. Did anybody get any kind of response from the guy as to what he does or where he gets the cards?

3) Third and least likely of all, maybe he actually was that lucky and pulled those cards himself. Odds are stacked way against that being the case but who really knows.

Before you call me an Upper Deck supporter believe me, I am far from it. I have not opened UD wax in at least three or four years and I don't trust their "game-worn memorabilia" are far as I can throw Richard McWilliam. I believe they are a shady and corrupt company behind closed doors but like anyone else here I don't have the evidence to support a claim like this even though it could be true. I find numerous cases of fake or incorrect memorabilia being used on UD cards and I am quick to point it out to other collectors, when I have the evidence to prove it.

My point is if you fly into a forum with a head of steam - much less one who is sponsored by or partnered with the company in question - and accuse any that company of committing evil without proof it is going to result in closed threads and you can't really be surprised when it happens. If you do find evidence by all means let me know because I want to know the truth about shady dealings as much as the next guy.
--------------------------------------------------
I think your theories are all refutable:

1) he would need to break over 100 cases of the cup within the first week of release to hit those three caliber hits. If he let's someone else sell the other 3000+ singles - where are they? I don't see anyone else listing even close to 500 cup singles in any auction. In addition, by opening 100 cases of the cup within the first week of release, you are hitting other monster hits as well- where are all the other tag/auto 1/1's, gretzky autos, other shields, other 99 rap's - those hits surely couldn't be so lowly that they were'nt worth selling on ebay along with these 3 auctions. Furthermore, where is someone going to get over 100 cases to crack within the first week? Some MAJOR retailers who have been in business for over 30 years were only able to get 10 cases, how can 1 individual have gotten over a hundred within the first week?

2)If he is a dealer or a store owner, where are the great pulls from products from other companies? The sales profiles of these type of ebay sellers ALL include big hits from topps and panini, cards pulled by their customers - I don't know any card shop that only sells upper deck stuff.

3)No, he didn't pull them himself, impossible, impossible given the explanation in 1.

Like I said, this points to an ex-UD employee who still has some sort of connection to the company, perhaps a mole or inside guy who is giving him the hook-up. Look at his completed auctions - 100 count lot of be the player hockey auto singles? Gretzky, Tiger woods auto cards with very few other singles from the OLD sets, Jordy Nelson upper deck sp edition autos? ALL stuff, bonus stuff that could have been handed out to employess/ex-employees. Jordy Nelson, really? That is the dead giveaway, lol.

I think my theory could be very defendable. In fact, if someone can get the actual name of the seller, we could find out for sure. I'm not an fbi agent, but if it came down to it, we could probably find out pretty quickly what exactly is going on.

The ruth 3/3 just baffles me - coming out of nowhere - i'd like to hear a good explanation, hopefully UD doesn't just sweep this one under the rug.

I'd also like to see the seller sell more stuff in the future - maybe UD will tell him to sell some Panini singles just to throw the general public off, lol.

#2011336 - 09/27/12 03:25 PM Re: Backdoor cards;Or why not to buy new cards! [Re: 33rdStreet]
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Originally Posted By: 33rdStreet
I have no clue why anyone would spend that kind of money on a new card right out of a pack when topps or whoever will just produce another one of one or super high end piece of crap the following year??? Give me 15k to spend on a sportscard and I'm dropping it on a few vintage gems that can't ever be replicated! A mantle/mays/Unitas rookie!

+1

Thank God I don't waste my money on modern CRAP!

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 6 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.