Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617
Topic Options
#2012040 - 10/27/12 03:01 PM Re: GB vs. Seattle: Did the refs get it right? [Re: bbo]
BigRedOne
old hand

Has it really been 15 years ago when I met Earl?

He was having trouble then but still walking. I know he has become progressively worse. His body took a heavy toll and thats kind of a shame to see.

I always thought he would be this giant beast of a man when I met him. But other than those enormous legs he had he appeared quite normal and a very humble man.

I had two items signed by Earl at that time.

#2012100 - 10/28/12 05:02 PM Re: GB vs. Seattle: Did the refs get it right? [Re: bbo]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Originally Posted By: bbo
QB's are measured by championships more than any other position and any other sport. (referring to P.Manning)

I can't believe what I just heard on the Sunday night NBC pregame show! It was like I was in the twilight zone. I can't get over what I just heard.

Dan Patrick, cutting to a commercial, introduced the next segment with Bob Costas interviewing John Elway. Patrick said (paraphrase, because I don't have TIVO), What will it take to put Peyton Manning among the greats at quarterback?

Then they show Elway, saying (again, paraphrased), Well the measure of great quarterbacks always begins with "championships won."

What???

Could that be true? Did I get it right two weeks ago? STOP THE PRESSES. SUSPEND THE MESSAGE BOARD.

Wait for it.
bbo was right {Hallelujah Chorus breaks out}.

Then I flipped over to Fox to watch the end of the Dallas-NY Giants game, you know, the one with the truly great Manning QB, and I missed the entire Elway piece, if there was one. Thankfully, Costas said, tune in tomorrow at 5pm Eastern on the NFL network for the full interview.

Whew! Redemption cometh in less than 24 hours.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 2 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.