Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2011535 - 10/06/12 08:44 PM What a weekend for college football
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

The number 3, 4 and 5 teams all go down and I LOVE IT! My KSU Wildcats should rise pretty significantly in the standings. KSU absolutely destroyed another team today.

I know it's a longshot, but wouldn't it be amazing if Washington came back to beat #2 Oregon? It's still early in the game and anything is possible.

Edited by vintagetoppsguy (10/06/12 08:45 PM)

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

#2011538 - 10/07/12 05:55 AM Re: What a weekend for college football [Re: vintagetoppsguy]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

There will be one, probably two, one-loss teams playing for the BCS championship this year.
The party is over for South Carolina (@LSU, @FLA, @CLEM).
The party is over for K-State (@ISU, @WVU).
The party is over for Notre Dame (@OKLA, @USC).
Oregon has a couple of tough road tests as well (@ASU, @USC and the "civil war" in Corvallis).
WVU has the easiest road remaining to finish unbeaten, but I expect them to have a bad game offensively somewhere along the way and since they don't play any defense, lose one.

Could very well be another SEC matchup at this year's title game if all these other conferences keep running out pretenders.

Florida's schedule becomes easier from here on out until the FSU battle Nov. 24. Assuming they beat South Carolina in Gainesville, they'll win the SEC East, but likely get beat in the SEC championship game, leaving South Carolina or Georgia a back door into the BCS title game against the SEC West winner (Bama or LSU).
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2011543 - 10/07/12 11:55 AM Re: What a weekend for college football [Re: bbo]
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Originally Posted By: bbo
The party is over for K-State (@ISU, @WVU).

I knew you went to the RNC, but I didn't know you went to the debate in Denver too. I think some of that thin air got to your head because you're not thinking clearly.

These are two easy victories for K-State. They have been destroying thei opponents this year. I'm too lazy to look it up, but is there any other ranked team who has outscored their opponents more than K-State this year?

Edited to add: You're probably right that the BCS title game will be played by 2 one-loss teams snd they will probably both be from the SEC too. Sad that money and ratings will determine who plays in the BCS title game. I can't wait until they go to the playoff format.

Edited by vintagetoppsguy (10/07/12 12:17 PM)

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

#2011549 - 10/07/12 03:25 PM Re: What a weekend for college football [Re: vintagetoppsguy]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Originally Posted By: vintagetoppsguy
These are two easy victories for K-State....is there any other ranked team who has outscored their opponents more than K-State this year?

It's very difficult to win on the road in college, especially when the national spotlight is upon you (ask LSU, Georgia, Fla.State), but not impossible (cf. WVA). Props to you for that victory in Norman last week, but you probably caught the Sooners either a little rusty from a week off, or they were reading their own press clippings.

K-State has been to Ames plenty of times, but never to Morgantown, WV. Good luck with that.

There are 10 teams outscoring K-State so far and FOUR of them on on your upcoming schedule (OK.St, WVA, Baylor, Texas).
In yards per game, K-State is not even in the Top 40. The top 3? OK.St, WVA, Baylor.
TCU, TX Tech and Iowa State all have stingier defenses (yds/game) than K-State. Yep, all still on your schedule.

I'll let my "rarified air" comment stand. Like I said, your party is over. Now the real work begins.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2011551 - 10/07/12 03:28 PM Re: What a weekend for college football [Re: bbo]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

Arkansas finally had an SEC win.......so overall great weekend
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.