Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2011869 - 10/20/12 07:14 PM Common Frustration?
Mintacular
old hand

Loc: Pittsburgh

Can't tell you how many times I just can't pull the trigger on a card b/c the scan or photo does not quite give me the clarity I need. This something you have issues with too? Some really nice cards that I would likely consider but mediocre or worse scans where you just can't be sure exactly what card will look like in person...

#2011871 - 10/20/12 08:01 PM Re: Common Frustration? [Re: Mintacular]
hitman
enthusiast

Loc: new jersey

Yes it is a gamble buying anything raw and even worse when scan is blurry.I just bought a OJ Simpson rookie last month for $18,scan was hard to see but looked centered, it just came back an 8. I got lucky on that one but got screwed alot more on others,tiny creases,trimmed,stains,bad corners ect.I still buy some raw cards but just don't pay too much for them.
#2011872 - 10/20/12 08:18 PM Re: Common Frustration? [Re: hitman]
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Originally Posted By: hitman
Yes it is a gamble buying anything raw and even worse when scan is blurry.I just bought a OJ Simpson rookie last month for $18,scan was hard to see but looked centered, it just came back an 8. I got lucky on that one but got screwed alot more on others,tiny creases,trimmed,stains,bad corners ect.I still buy some raw cards but just don't pay too much for them.

Wanna sell it and triple your money? Hey, you can't get that kind of return in the market.

But I agree it can be a crap shoot. You'll get a few nice surprises, you'll get your share of disappointments.

If the seller offers a return policy, you really can't lose too much though - a few dollars shipping and some time.

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

#2016127 - 03/15/13 02:10 AM Re: Common Frustration? [Re: vintagetoppsguy]
BigRedOne
old hand

Absolutely know this frustation!

I can't tell you how many cards I just simply pass by as soon as I see a poor scan/Pic. Even more so if no scan at all.

It just amazes me that anybody would even waste time posting any sale items without good quaily scan/pic.

Even more frustrating is the "Scans available upon request" or "send your email address and I'll send scans."

WTF! Of coarse I want to see the item and I am surely not interested in wasting time requesting scans by email.

If you want to sell something, YOU have to do the leg work to put it in front of buyers with all the proper information and clear crisp scans/photos. I don't even waste my time anymore with anything less.

John

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (K-Nole) and 1 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.