Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#2013055 - 11/30/12 08:11 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: FYS]
33rdStreet
addict

Loc: NC

Considering that it's been a semi fact that the card was in a holder but either sheet cut or altered in some way and PSA keeps getting submission after submission means nothing's gonna happen. They will spin it some way and move on. I feel pretty secure saying all of our lesser cards ( assuming none off us here have wagners or similar stuff) would come back altered if they where trimmed or whatever. I mean is there really a reason for PSA to holder my 57 Aaron if it was trimmed, probably not. Every company wants the wagners or planks or rare cracker jacks in their holders. Stupid move on their part not calling it a altered card if it came out 5 years after they started, probably a killer for the brand but let's face it PSA is cemented in the Hobby and the hobby was here before PSA. People love sports and sports memorabilia. Things won't change any. JMHO
#2013063 - 12/01/12 03:55 AM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: 33rdStreet]
Toledo Mudhen
Just got here

Loc: Texas

Just another example of PSA "preferred grading" status............. It's been goin on for years

They do the same thing (to a lesser degree) for "volume" dealers.....

#2013066 - 12/01/12 04:09 AM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: Toledo Mudhen]
Blackie
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Southern US

I agree with ya! You can see a good example of that with 707 Sportscards and 4Sharpcorners. Overgrading all over the place
Upgrades to 65Topps Football

#2013068 - 12/01/12 06:59 AM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: Blackie]
FYS
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Michigan - The Spartan State

Originally Posted By: Blackie
I agree with ya! You can see a good example of that with 707 Sportscards and 4Sharpcorners. Overgrading all over the place

There is one thing about your best customers getting the benefit of the doubt, but it is an entirely different thing to deliberately and deceivingly live a lie for 21 years on which is the foundation of the business. The first is human nature, the second is criminal.

#2013079 - 12/01/12 01:13 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: FYS]
BigRedOne
old hand

This is one of the issues I was banned from the CU board for commenting on as "Conspiracy Theory".

Its just unbelievable how the PSA apologists still try to avoid the issue of PSA's moral and ethical role in this matter by constantly referring to the Auction house fraud and focusing on Bill Mastro as the problem.

The PSA apologists are at it again in the Thread across the street.
http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=873771&STARTPAGE=1

One flaming idiot states how he recieves cards back from psa all the time for "Evd trimming"
and that PSA is doing the best they can and simply can not catch them all.

Are human beings really this stupid?

To think that the top graders and experts at PSA reviewed the most valuable and iconic card in the hobby and just happend to "Not catch it" ? Really?

Another across the street actually suggested that because of the card's hobby status that it deserved "special" treatment to be slab as an 8 knowlingly overlooking its altered status.
SERIOUSLY? It deserved to not be noted as Trimmed because of the status of the card to the hobby? REALLY?

There is no doubt in my mind that the card was knowningly slabbed by PSA for the reconition and status it would bring to the PSA brand. As the "so called" leader in Authentication, They had a moral obligation to authenticate the card, reguardless of it's hobby status. They choose to forego their Moral or ethical responsiblity to the collecting community, for the high press and brand reconition they knew such an iconic card would bring the PSA brand. In short it was GREED.

It is sad that most people who are heavily embedded in the PSA registry will also be more than willing to throw their morals and Ethics to the roadside as well in order to protect the precious "value" of their PSA sets. I suppose thats just the world we now live in, where things like honesty, honor and basic human Morals and ethics are just a passing thought often left behind in favor of greed and corruption.

Personally, I don't think this will change a thing for PSA. The blind will continue to accept the Moral and ethical corruption at their expense in order to maintain the precived monetary value of their collections. From Adolph Hitler to Jim Jones, its amazing that human beings are still more than willing to be herded like sheep to slaughter for a chance to grab at the Golden Ring, even dispite the fact that they know the ring is not really gold, but rather simple pot metal, rattle canned with some shiney paint.

"Never be Cheated"

John

Edited by BigRedOne (12/01/12 05:54 PM)

#2013087 - 12/01/12 04:52 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: BigRedOne]
trex
addict

+1. My hope is I live long enough to see all the corruption in that cesspool, bring it down and take all the Kool-Aid drinkers with it. If you can't tell, I have no empathy for the jerks in that corrupt organization whatsoever. You sleep with dogs you get fleas.

Now, can we talk about a subject more pleasant, rather than dwell on an over sized Porta-Pottie, or a Facebook on steroids.

#2013091 - 12/01/12 05:26 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: FYS]
33rdStreet
addict

Man ol man lol the PSA hatred runs deep!!!
#2013095 - 12/01/12 06:06 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: 33rdStreet]
BigRedOne
old hand

I do not hate PSA as a whole. The vast majority of cards they deal with are treated and graded properly under their stated guidelines by many honest and hard working people working there.

My problem is with the likely few egos at the top that are responsible for the corruption like the Wagner card and other suspect practices that likely feel they are untouchable.

John

#2013099 - 12/01/12 06:26 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: BigRedOne]
33rdStreet
addict

They probably are right? Just the facts. I use both I've said that before, also said I prefer SGC just wish they had a better selection out there. I think they scammed everyone on that Wagner but when it comes down to that kind of card and many like it are and never will be something I deal with. I'm a bottom feeder trying for nice grades on my 50's commons! Ive had cards come back trimmed or altered from both companies. I just think with all the griping about buying the card not the holder than that's just what I'll continue to do. Saw a comment where someone stated this will be a blip on the radar. I think it will to. That may be the most celebrated card graded but it's one of probably 25 million plus. There are other huge cards out there graded by psa and SGC for them to hang there hat on. If it came out that SGC wrongly graded a Wagner just to have it IN THEIR holder I'll still be sending my 54's in because they look awesome in the SGC holder. Guess I'm a halfwit but it's just a hobby to me. One I love but one where the enjoyment comes from it's connection to the past and my childhood.
#2013114 - 12/01/12 08:03 PM Re: Bad, bad, bad, bad..... [Re: BigRedOne]
cammb
old hand

Loc: Jamesport, NY

Well said.
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.