Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#2013506 - 12/11/12 06:02 AM Re: Another Football card thread [Re: trex]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

?
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2014138 - 12/30/12 06:18 PM Re: Another Football card thread [Re: trex]
K-Nole
enthusiast

Loc: Topeka, Ks

Originally Posted By: trex
+1

"I absolutely love that your in it for the right reasons rob, We spoke about it before, the fact that the power of the cards to invoke the memories of that special someone you shared the simple act of card collecting with in its purest form is something money can't buy.

It also puts you in a special group. future generations will never again be able to experience card collecting at its purest form.

Rubber bands and Shoe boxes will never return to the hobby now dominated by "whats it worth" and people only in the hobby for profit motives."

OH MY GOSH!!! what a GREAT POST. Thanks for sharing. Very well put!

I stopped collecting in 1993 and then began again in 2011 after separating from my wife and being lonely and needing a hobby. So I got back into it. And the memories I got when I went thru my old stuff after being in storage for over 18 years, MAN, I tell you, it got me back into cards HEAVY. Not because of the value or what I could get out of them, but because I want to cherish my past.
When I was a kid, in the 70's and 80's, we lived WAY out in the country. We didn't have cable tv or satellite tv, just rabbit ears. And we didn't have video games. Alls I had was my radio and my cards. So now, they are very special to me.
I don't know if it makes me sad or mad, when I go to buy some old cards from somebody and they say "I can sell this to you, and then you could get such and such amount back when you sell it" NO!! I AM A COLLECTOR!!! NOT A DEALER!!!
Anyways, thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.