Page 11 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#2014789 - 01/13/13 10:32 AM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: cammb]
KRB
enthusiast

Yeah, i thought Denver had it in the bag in the 4th qtr. Blown coverages.
There was :30 sec left in the 4th after Balt's TD. And all Denver did was knee it.
also looking for 52 #311 A variation mantle
ROOKIE CARDS baseball & football.

#2014792 - 01/13/13 11:29 AM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: cammb]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

The game was never "won" until it was over. The "smartest" QB in the league couldn't convince his coaches to take a shot at moving into FG range with 0:31 to go in regulation and two time outs available. The "smartest" QB in the league couldn't throw it away on 2nd and 6 in OT, but rather forced a bad throw while scampering away from a rushing lineman. I don't know why the Manning lovers can't see it. He's not clutch in the clutch, he's more like a Model-T that backfires. It's like he has a brain fart or something. It's time to find another QB to salivate over if you want to follow playoff winners. If you're happy with a regular season, stat-sheet stuffer, who plays well in domed stadiums, then stay with PM.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2014793 - 01/13/13 11:41 AM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: bbo]
cammb
old hand

Loc: Jamesport, NY

Its nice to be at home armchair quarterbacking and not actually playing the game. You've got your Texans an Brady coming up. Cant wait for your excuses when they go down. Dont worry, I will be there armchair quarterbacking too.
#2014794 - 01/13/13 11:45 AM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: cammb]
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Originally Posted By: cammb
The game was won until the final 30 seconds when his defense let him down. Dont blame him. But of course you will.

Cammb nailed it. I agree that the defense let him down, but it wasn't just the final 30 seconds - it was the entire game. We can all agree that Manning made a bad throw. There is no doubt about that. However, that interception did not cost them the game. Kaepernick threw a pick 6, but it didn't cost the 49ers their game. So, what's the difference? Timing of the interception? One could argue that, but that's not it. The problem was that the Broncos secondary got burned the entire game (costing them the game) and Manning should have never been put in the position to even make that throw.

Peyton Manning did what he had to do to put his team in a position to win. He threw 3 TD passes. Special teams did what they had to do to put their team in a position to win. They ran back a punt and kickoff for TDs. The problem was that the defense didn't do what they needed to do. Plain and simple. If the defense did their part, Manning wouldn't have even been in the position to make that throw.

To me, it all falls on the shoulder of the coaching. I said it here on the boards on October 15th (you can search it) that John Fox is the worst coach in the NFL today. At the end of regulation when the Broncos got the ball backwith 31 seconds and had two timeouts, why in the world didn't they at least try to put themselves in position for a FG? Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way because even the announcers were "scratching their heads" as it made no sense. It's also on the coaches to make adjustments in the secondary. You'd think after they got burnt once they would make adjustments, right? Nope. After they got burned the second time? Nope. They got burned multiple times and made the secondary look like bunch of pee wee players.

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

#2014796 - 01/13/13 12:23 PM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: cammb]
BigRedOne
old hand

Granted the "pick 6" in the first quarter was a deflect, but it still shows up as a INT for a TD in the stat book that you guys live and breath.

The second one. You can't be serious?

Im sure even Peyton Manning will tell you it was a bad on field decession and an ill advised pass that DIRECTLY cost Denver the game.

The Defense let him down?

The game was still very much winnable until Manning turned the ball over. Defense had nothing to do with that.

Keep looking at it through those rose colored glasses to assure you can continue to convince yourself Peyton had nothing to do costing them the game.

As for who is left?

Matt Ryan: Certainly had a great year and may be the one to beat.

Kapernick and Wilson: Both young entergetic QB's riding good D's. Can they continue to play smart and not lose the game like Manning did? who knows.

Flacco? Its hard to not give him some credit for the win in Denver, but I think at some point he will lose the game against Houston or New England with his woeful inability to convert on crucial 3rd downs.

I think New England will beat Houston and if that Happens its gonna be hard bet against Tom Brady.

I guess only time will tell!

John

John

Edited by BigRedOne (01/13/13 12:26 PM)

#2014802 - 01/13/13 01:37 PM Re: Congrats to Peyton Manning [Re: BigRedOne]
bbo
The Collectinator

BigRedOne nailed it. Denver defense had nothing to do with Manning's ill-advised pass that DIRECTLY cost them the game. Manning admitted as much after the game. He knows he sux in the clutch. Enjoy the rest of the post season.

As for cammb's comment, I am both a Texans fan and a Brady/Belichek/NE fan, so I can't lose today. Either way, I'm dancing. Unless Brady throws a bunch of pick 6's, Belichek has a heart attack and the backup QB for NE leads the Patriots to the next round, but are disqualified for cheating or something. I guess it "could" happen, [said the pig as he flew by].
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2014807 - 01/13/13 05:13 PM Re: Congrats to Tom Brady [Re: bbo]
bbo
The Collectinator

Congratulations to Tom Brady, now the QB with the most playoff wins (17) in the history of pro football and the New England Patriots for having made the AFC Championship game yet again. With or without one more Super Bowl Ring, Tom Brady will have already cemented his name as the Best To Ever Play the Game of his era.

Not bad for a 6th round draft choice who continues to overachieve.

#2014812 - 01/13/13 06:23 PM Re: Congrats to Tom Brady [Re: bbo]
hitman
enthusiast

Loc: new jersey

Denver's defense blew the game, Manning lost the game.I believe that throw was just like Favre's in the overtime lost to N.O.few years back.I still think he is a great qb just made a game turning pick.
#2014813 - 01/13/13 06:42 PM Re: Congrats to Tom Brady [Re: hitman]
cammb
old hand

Thats all Im saying.
#2014814 - 01/13/13 06:43 PM Re: Congrats to Tom Brady [Re: cammb]
cammb
old hand

The Falcons showed Denver how to play the game with 30 seconds to go. Congratulations to them. The best playoff game yet.
Page 11 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 8 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.