Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2015107 - 01/21/13 10:38 AM Will SGC graded cards ever be worth more than PSA?
oneofthree67
old hand

Loc: CT

One of the reasons I like Sgc grading is because they are so strict, I feel that fact will come to bear higher values in the future when the collecting public realizes it too.

Comments / thoughts?

#2015108 - 01/21/13 11:24 AM Re: Will SGC graded cards ever be worth more than PSA? [Re: oneofthree67]
vintagetoppsguy
veteran

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Originally Posted By: oneofthree67
One of the reasons I like Sgc grading is because they are so strict, I feel that fact will come to bear higher values in the future when the collecting public realizes it too.

Comments / thoughts?

You and I like SGC for the same reasons. I, too, think that folks will wake up one day and realize the SGC offers a much better service than PSA. I just hope it's not for a while because I like buying stricter graded cards for less money

BUYING Well Centered:
1956 Topps SGC 84 or Better (or raw equivalent)
1965 Topps SGC 88 or Better (or raw equivalent)

#2015109 - 01/21/13 11:58 AM Re: Will SGC graded cards ever be worth more than PSA? [Re: oneofthree67]
FYS
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Michigan - The Spartan State

Originally Posted By: oneofthree67

Comments / thoughts?

For low to mid-grade stuff from pre-war to today, I think there is parity. For higher grade stuff in pre-war, I think there is also some good parity. Where is gets thrown off is Mint and Gem Mint commons of low population cards and even some high grade NM/MT or MT or Gem Mint highly desirable cards. More whales are in the PSA registry. Whales attract high submitter dealers. Success of high submitter dealers attract small dealers. The more access to cards and the publicity of whales attracts new whales and junior whales. That is the cycle. The SGC registry sucks (scans and picture turning are great), just the user experience for looking at sets and adding cards etc. Along with that, they is not enough people.

On the flip side, cards are thinly collected. If 30 people could be rounded up to aggressively build SGC sets across the board, it would be a game changer.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 1 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.