Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2015757 - 02/16/13 10:35 PM Re: Just A note about my day [Re: K-Nole]
BigRedOne
old hand

Wesley

What an awsome story!

This is what it is all about! This is what is lacking in the hobby nodays, the interaction with the kids and how it can bring not only a father and son closer together, but an uncle, nephew, granfather/grandson or any older generation with the younger crowd.

My son is 8 years old and still in the "pokemon" stage you spoke of, and that is fine as well, its stil card collecting and gives us that common bond. If he someday involoves himself with sports cards that's fine, but for now we just enjoy the cards, no matter the subject.

The traditional card collecting experience has slowly been losing the younger generations to video games and other high tec toys, so its nice to hear that their are still a few who will know the joy of collecting.

Some Mystery cards will be one the way for your Son.

John

#2015759 - 02/17/13 02:19 AM Re: Just A note about my day [Re: K-Nole]
The T206Fiend

Loc: Richmond,VA

Not Baseball related but I got my 11 year old collecting vintage cards.He is into anything Batman so last year at a convention I showed him the cards from the original show.He instantly took a liking to them and bought quite a few that weekend.Now ever show we go to he has something to search for as well.He has even talked about having some of the nicer ones he has graded.Maybe it will one day branch off to sports cards but I'm happy he is at least in the hobby.Jason W

Edited by The T206Fiend (02/17/13 02:19 AM)

#2015760 - 02/17/13 05:37 AM Re: Just A note about my day [Re: Blackie]
trex
addict

Originally Posted By: Blackie
 Originally Posted By: DrD
Very nice KNole - we may have to catch a Royals game this year on T-Shirt Tuesday or a buck night.

Im going too Dal.........I never been to one and always wanted to go bro.

Let's make it a foursome, I haven't been to a Royals game since the early 70's.

#2015767 - 02/17/13 06:42 AM Re: Just A note about my day [Re: trex]
bbo
The Collectinator

Loc: Top of the 1959 Registry

Road trip from Texas, anyone? Nah, think I'll read about it in the papers. Y'all behave, now.
#1 in 1959 Topps. Officially known as Assassin according to stanthemanfan 3/31/2014 and god of minor league basketball according to cammb.

#2015768 - 02/17/13 06:51 AM Re: Just A note about my day [Re: trex]
K-Nole
enthusiast

Loc: Topeka, Ks

AWESOME feed back guys!!

And Red, yep, I am a HUGE advocate of the "NFL Play 60" program.

I think that also has a lot to do with his interest in cards too (playing sports).

The "NFL Play 60" program teaches kids to go outside and play at least 60 minutes a day.

In Kansas right now, it's cold, but he still puts on his KU Jayhawks jacket and goes outside and plays on the neighbors B-Ball goal, about 3-4 times a night for about 20-30 minutes a night.

Ahhh Red, you dont have to do that (Surprise mail). That is VERY kind of you. Almost brought tears to this 41 year old fat guy's eyes :-)

This board is AMAZING!! you guys are the BEST!! You are like me, and collect for the love of the sports and the hobby. YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Yes, we need to set up a date, where we can meet at "The K". I am going to have to take off work to see my Rays this year as they only play a week day series this year in KC :-(
So I dont care who we see, ya'll pick, and me and my 10 year old will be there!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 8 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.