Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2018106 - 11/26/13 09:24 PM Non-Sports sets a distant cousin
Bammer
Just got here

As I've said in other posts, I'm sort of new here. I made a submission back in '07, but have now decided to do my non-sports sets here with SGC and also my football and golf. I have been looking at some of the non-sport set registries that others have made and I have a question. It seems the bulk of them were started, but then not added to since '07 or '08. Are non-sport sets a distant step child with everyone, or am I being overly cynical. I'd love to chat or post messages about non-sport sets; and my football and golf also. I would love the chance to meet (at least meet on here) other members, I'm always happy to talk about card collecting, grading topics, etc.

As a way to show what I mean, I will share some of my interests. In golf, I like Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino. Football wise, I don't follow a current team, but when I was younger I followed Johnny Unitas and the Colts before they moved to Indianapolis. I also like Matt Blair (he played at Iowa State when I attended) and then he played for the Vikings. Actually, I like any Iowa State alums in the league.

As far as non sports cards go, I like the western themed sets, and also the few railroad theme sets.

I hope I can be a contributing member here on the forums. Thank you.

Brian Blankenburg (bammerbb)

Edited by Bammer (11/26/13 09:25 PM)

#2018144 - 12/07/13 10:36 PM Re: Non-Sports sets a distant cousin [Re: Bammer]
BigRedOne
old hand

Hi Brian

Welcome aboard!

As you can see this board is fairly small, Sometimes it takes me awhile to rotate back to it from some of the other boards.

What this board lacks in traffic it makes up for in quality content.

While Im not saying you won't run into a spirited debate here and there, most members of this little ol board are respectful and knowledgable collectors of all types of cards.

While Football is my main thing, I enjoy Baseball, basketball and even some Hockey cards.

I also enjoy lots of Non-sports cards sets as well and look forward to seeing some of yours.
Especially the Westerns! Im always up for a good Western Gun fight.

Checkout this awesome youtube video featuring one of my favorite Alice Cooper tunes "Desperado"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM2UXFe78sc

Can't go without mentioning my favorite Paperback western hero "EDGE"

Ive been working on a 1934 Garbaty Cigarette set for a few years now. I just fell in love with these beautiful little embossed cards of movie stars from the past.

I also have a vast Comic book collection and I think many of the members of this board are into more than just sports cards.

Hope to see some of your collection soon!

John

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.