Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#223614 - 09/27/03 09:58 AM Ebay letting larger dealers off the hook??
FWSkier
Just got here

I was recently waiting patiently for several days to bid on a big dollar item on Ebay, being offered up by a larger dealer I have dealt with in the past and was very satsified with. I will not use their name in her....(YET) as I do want to give them a chance to respond to my two emails.

Anyway, the item was receiveing very very low bidding. It had a one dollar opening bid and no reserve. The item had a high book value of approx $400 and in the VG-EX condition an actual value of maybe 50-100?? The bidding had been almost nonexistant in the first 6 days, and on the last day it had gotten only up to $5.00 or $5.50. When I came back to bid in the last hour, it had been pulled. The explination was the auction was pulled due to an error in the listing. I could find no errors.

This was in violation of the two qualifiers that I know about listing on ebay-you cant pull or even change a listing if you are either A) in the last 12 hrs of an auction, or B) have received bids.

Now the listing is still on but shows that it didnt receive bids. I know this is not true. Is this common on Ebay? Do they police thier own rules that poorly or do they allow larger sellers discrestions such as pulling items that are being underbid at the last minute? Either is infuriating.

I will post anything further I hear from the seller or Ebay (ha) I noticed in the two times I have tried to contact them they make it almost impossible to find the screen that allows you to contact them. It was like the 11th link when I finallly got to write my problem. One would think there would be a "contact Ebay" link on the main ebay screen. Seems as if they are hiding.

If I dont hear from this seller you can bet thier ebay ID will be here and a link to the item in question. If anyone has any answers or comments please help. My email is my screen name @yahoo.com'

"I am a buyer of vintage cards that have been in bicycle spokes or pinned on a wall or carried in a young mans back pocket all summer." (ps that means i buy cheap)

Terry

#223615 - 09/27/03 09:22 PM Re: Ebay letting larger dealers off the hook?? [Re: FWSkier]
FWSkier
Just got here

Recieved email from the seller. It seems as if the card listed was not the card they have or the card in the scan. I feel sorta dumb, but at least I waited to give them a chance before naming names. In my defense, it is hard to tell some checklists apart at a glance. I was so intent on looking at the corners and surface that I did not read the actual card. Lesson learned. Would have been less suspicious if it had been taken off earlier but it wasnt.

Feeling much better about things,
Terry

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.