Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#233337 - 10/10/03 02:37 PM Re: GAI Supporters be proud??? [Re: deadlyembrace]
MW1
veteran

DE,

I can assure you that I'm being completely serious. Language and grammar are two of my hobbies. I know. Who'd a thunk it? Please see the definition below:

inflammable (în-flàm´e-bel) adjective
1.Easily ignited and capable of burning rapidly; flammable. See Usage Note at flammable*
2.Quickly or easily aroused to strong emotion; excitable.

[Middle English, liable to inflammation, from Medieval Latin ìnflammâbilis, from Latin ìnflammâre, to inflame. See inflame.]

*Usage Note: Historically, flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. However, the presence of the prefix in- has misled many people into assuming that inflammable means "not flammable" or "noncombustible." In the circumstances, it is therefore advisable to use only flammable in contexts imparting warnings or on product labels, where a misinterpretation might have more serious consequences for the reader than an etymological mistake would deserve.

Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 2001 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

...and you're 100% correct about the idiom "diamond cut."

#233338 - 10/12/03 02:29 PM Re: GAI Supporters be proud??? [Re: MW1]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

I agree NJDolphans...I would not touch any of those cards. Also in regards to a rough cut...they are very uncommon with PSA 8s...I cannot remember a 1963 Fleer with a rough cut that bad.

Its one thing if we are talking about 1954 topps...but the rough cut on that card really takes away from the card.

John

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.