Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#23488 - 11/09/02 12:44 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: vayank]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

Hi vayank --

Were you able to enter any GRADES? Seems near impossible to me.

#23489 - 11/09/02 02:15 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

DE > I am inputting the grades easy enough. What problems are you finding?

#23490 - 11/09/02 02:41 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: vayank]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Just inputed my 54 Red man set. I have a few more Psa eights that should
easily cross over to Sgc 88's. I also have about five Psa sevens that I'm not
sure if I'll crossover just yet.

Anyhow, the cards were easy enough for me to enter.

aconte

#23491 - 11/09/02 03:04 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: vayank]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Check out the image below. As I scroll up/down on the edit page, the GRADE selection list "jumps around" or disappears altogether. Note that I've blacked out the serial numbers ...

#23492 - 11/09/02 03:59 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Good morning everyone. I know from reading the various posts that some of you have questions, concerns, etc about the registry so I thought I would join the discussion to address some your questions directly. We do monitor the boards on a daily basis so please feel free to make suggestions on how we can improve the registry. I would also like to thank everyone for the their participation in the registry. I feel we are off to a great start.

Sean
VP of Operations-SGC

#23493 - 11/09/02 04:31 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: SeanSGC]
Anonymous Unregistered

Sean> Your active participation is a welcome sight and a good sign that SGC really does care about making the registry a success.

Right now I think the biggest improvement that can be made is to integrate the grades into the cert database. This will save the participants time and by taking this out of the user's hands, should cut down on user input errors. Fewer user input errors will also speed SGC's verification time on the back-end.

My biggest criticim is that I have to enter the cards one-at-a-time and hit "add" after each and every entry. Perhaps the server was bogged down with the registry being new, but I'm on a broadband connection and page reloads still took a LONG time. I couldn't imagine doing this over a dialup connection. As I mentioned in a previous post, it took me somewhere between 30-45 minutes to enter only 12 cards. I would guess that 2/3 of that time was spent waiting for the page to reload afer hitting "add" 12 times. I have 40 more that I would like to enter, but will hold off until this has been resolved or until I have a 2 hour block of time to allocate to this.

I would also like to hear how SGC plans to promote the registry so that we can be sure that the current participants aren't the only players in the game.

Regards,
Mike

Edited by Beavis (11/09/02 04:34 AM)

#23494 - 11/09/02 04:53 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Sean -- I think Mike has summed it very well. You punch in your certification number and you should get all your info. I would like to see the cards also tied into the SGC price guide. Good start.

#23495 - 11/09/02 05:39 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: vayank]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Sean,

Glad to see you on the board. I hope you will be able to answer question
and concerns. I really had no problem entering the cards on the registry.
I would say 30 cards or so took 10-15 minutes. The hard part was finding
three of the cards in my home!

I know you can't monitor the board 24/7 but its good to see that we can
get answers and look to possible improvements. Overall, I'm quite happy
though.

aconte

spelling errors...

Edited by aconte (11/10/02 01:46 AM)

#23496 - 11/09/02 06:17 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Thanks for the input guys. I hope to have a "add" or "edit" all function installed this week so you guys do not have update each entry one by one. Also if you have a set that we have not loaded the data for, ie card #, player name, you should hold off on trying to register it. Let us do the work for you, it is much easier for us to add the sets with large numbers of cards. As you can see we are continually adding new sets. We do not have plans to intergrate the registry with the pop report, price guide or the cert. # data base at this time but I will keep you posted if there is a change. As far as promoting the registry, we will be very aggressive. We will run full page ads in SCD and Beckett. Our weekly email will contain info about the registry and we will offer grading specials for registry users. Soon you will see "pop up" windows on our web site containing registry info and grading specials. These are a few of the ideas we are working on currently. If you have anything to add please do so.
#23497 - 11/09/02 08:25 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: SeanSGC]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Hi Sean --

... and welcome to the forum.

Overall, I'm pleased with the registry. Screen design is simple and uncluttered. The fact that many of us are registering cards without a lot of HELP screen assistance or other documentation means that SGC's design is straightforward and intuitive. Kudos all around.

I wonder what verification rules (if any) you are using to try to prevent false registration of a card by someone who doesn't own it? Is that the reason a corresponding GRADE is required in addition to the serial number? If GRADE is absolutely required, I would suggest use of a text box (like what is provided for serial number entry) as opposed to a selection list. A mismatched grade/serial num combination is still a mismatch even if it's not a valid (allowed) SGC grade. It would still be the responsibility of the owner to correct the grade before it could be approved by the reviewer.

Of course, if GRADE isn't required for entry ... forget I said any of this.

In either case, the floating and/or disappearing GRADE selection list is my main complaint.

I didn't think the time required for card-by-card data entry was a huge problem ... given that, for any set, it will occur once during initial setup. Thereafter, cards will be added one or two or a handful at a time. Frankly, I enjoyed tinkering with my collection for the (roughtly) 3 hours I spent entering my first set.

Bottom line: keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 10 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.