Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#23498 - 11/09/02 08:41 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
Anonymous Unregistered

DE> "it will occur once during initial setup. Thereafter, cards will be added one or two or a handful at a time."

Depends on what your submissions are like, I guess
When I submit cards for my set, it tends to be anywhere from 35 to 125 cards at a crack.

Mike

#23499 - 11/09/02 09:37 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

As part of the verification process, we are checking to confirm that the cert # given matches the grade and the actual card. If the cert #, grade, and player do not match we will not include the entry as part of a registered set. If there is an input error with respect to the grade, we will edit and enter the proper grade. As far as preventing someone from entering bogus information, we will do our best to prevent it. Although we will verify every entry of a given set, the bottom line is that the registry to some degree relies on the honor system. Providing cert # of cards that do not belong to you is not in the spirit of fair competion. We will do everything within our power to see that all the registered sets are legitimate
#23500 - 11/09/02 10:02 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: SeanSGC]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

When I registered my 1977 Topps set, the system said there was a 72 hour period for verification. Is that Business days or ?

#23501 - 11/09/02 03:45 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: vayank]
Anonymous Unregistered

Just a few comments on my experience with the registry ......

On 11/7 I registered my 1952 Red Man tobacco set and inputted just one card along with its photo. I wanted to see how easy it would be to input the info and the quality of the photo once it was inputted. All went smooothly and the process was pretty straight forward. The very next day the set appeared as registered and the photo looked just great.

That afternoon I went to our safe deposit box and pulled out all 52 cards and took digital photos of each one. That evening I inputted the entire set of 52. Like "aconte", I took me approximately 30 seconds to a minute to input the info for each card. After that I added 2 new photos becasue I still have to "crop" down the photos of the other 50 cards. Again all went smoothly and some additional time was spent to insure I didn't make any typo errors.

I look forward to see how the weighing calculations turn out and encourage more people to add photos to their sets. By Monday evening, I should have the other 50 photos attached. It should only take an hour or so, but I think people will appreciate seeing some of the nice 88s and 92s in the set.

I look forward to SGC promoting their registry and the growth of a very nice product. I am confident that Sean and the others at SGC will follow up in a timely fashion with the needed improvements as mentioned in the previous posts.

I'm sure it was a busy week for our friends at SGC and they should be proud of their successful "kickoff". Keep up the good work!

#23502 - 11/10/02 03:17 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements
Anonymous Unregistered

Just got through uploading 50 pictures into my 1952 Red Man tobacco set. It took approximately 90 to complete the uploads, or a little less than 2 minutes each. This rate is about the same amount of time that it takes me to upload pictures into my eBay auctions. The pictures look great and hopefully people will enjoy looking at them. This part of the registry seems to work fine and is also pretty straight forward.
#23503 - 11/12/02 03:58 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: remo]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

Hey remo --

In a previous post, didn't you mention that you were having problems with the GRADE selection list "jumping around" or disappearing on the screen?

I'm debugging this issue with the help of some very smart guys at the office (where I work), and have discovered that it's not an SGC problem ... it's our problem. The good news is that it's easily corrected.

Are you running Windows 98? How much memory do you have on your machine? And what version of IE are you running?

Thanks in advance ...

#23504 - 11/12/02 05:16 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

DE, do you know how to fix it i have milliumn edition of windows not to sure on my memory have to check when i get home at work right now any help would be great thanks.

#23505 - 11/12/02 08:15 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: remo]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

We (here at the office) develop web-based software and ran into the identical problem about a year ago. No one could remember the specific cause (and of course, once the problem was corrected, no one bothered to document it), but the best guesses are amounts of available memory, version of IE and operating system.

I'm able to view the SGC Registry maintenance page correctly here at the office. It's my home PC that has the problem.

As I have the same amounts of memory (home vs. work) and my version of IE at home is more recent than work ... it must be operating system related. I run Windows 98 at home. We have Windows 2000 at the office.

I'll upgrade this weekend and let you know whether the problem has been resolved.

NOTE: that there are other problems inherent with upgrading operating systems, and the decision to upgrade should not be made casually. I'm not sure whether all of my programming software (at home) is compatible with Windows 2000, and I've heard that there can be problems with gaming software.

FYI.

#23506 - 11/15/02 12:18 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: SeanSGC]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Hey Sean --

I just noticed that the GRADE selection list (in Edit Mode) has been replaced with a text box. No more moving or disappearing widgets!! Whoo Hoo!!! You da man!!!!

Guess I don't have to experiment with upgrading my OS this weekend.

Keep up the good work.

#23507 - 11/19/02 08:55 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements [Re: deadlyembrace]
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

Great improvment in the adding cards you can add them all at once now and hit one button much faster ive noticed great improvments since registry came online GREAT JOB SGC!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 2 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.057 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.