Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#243764 - 10/23/03 03:52 PM I have a question
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

I dont post here very often and im not a member or want to be a member of the psa board so i will pose this question on this board to hopefully get answers from people that read and post on both boards. What does threads like "has anyone noticed that the sgc board is dead since mw got suspended" and others on the psa board have to do with there registry or card collecting in general? One other question is a board superior because of quanity or quality of posts? My opinion on that one is psa's is superior based on quanity, sgc's is better based on quality.If im wrong on that please someone correct me. Any thoughts?

#243765 - 10/23/03 07:04 PM Re: I have a question [Re: remo]
bhl2359
Just got here

Quote:

One other question is a board superior because of quanity or quality of posts? My opinion on that one is psa's is superior based on quanity, sgc's is better based on quality.If im wrong on that please someone correct me. Any thoughts?

What is this "quanity" you speak of?

#243766 - 10/23/03 08:26 PM Re: I have a question [Re: bhl2359]
remo
Collector

I, just get the impression on the psa board that because there are more people and more post that its a better board but if you look at the threads on that board its mostly smack and attacking of others rather than speaking about the hobby.I dont see much of that on this board and more talk on the hobby dont get me wrong there are some here who like to attack also. Just tired of it all at one time we all collected cards for the enjoyment dont see as much of that anymore now its the "my dad can beat up your dad" mentality.Wasnt it great when you were a kid and got your allowance and couldnt wait to run down to the corner store to buy wax packs what happened to that.

#243767 - 10/24/03 04:47 AM Re: I have a question [Re: remo]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Remo, I would agree with your assessment.

#243768 - 10/24/03 07:10 AM Re: I have a question [Re: vayank]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Remo,

There are quite a few very knowledgable collectors on the PSA board -- and there are a ton that are substantially less than that. Recently, it seems like the later bunch are "contributing" the majority of posts, and the overall quality has dropped significantly, IMHO.

Personally, I like the overall tone of the SGC board. It's a much more friendly place -- kind of like the corner card store.

Scott

#243769 - 10/24/03 08:07 AM Re: I have a question [Re: srs1a]
remo
Collector

I totally agree i have gained lots of insight from the psa board just tired of all the cross board bashing and wish we all could get back to the reason we came to these boards the HOBBY.

#243770 - 10/24/03 03:16 PM Re: I have a question [Re: remo]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

srs1a/remo...i concur, the sgc board is friendlier the the PSA board, but the Network 54 forum is definitely the "Mr Rogers' Neighborhood" of sportscard chat forums as compared to the PSA and SGC boards. Although I never post on that board, the folks over there seem great. Plus, as someone who collects "tobacco cards" from time to time, it is the best place to expand my knowledge in that area.

80% of the posts on the PSA board, are nothing more than a "sportscard ticker," instantaneous sports news, etc. I still think the knowledge on that board is high, it's just that many of those guys do not post as much as they used to, thereby giving way to a more "sports-chat" oriented crowd.

Edited by grilloj39 (10/24/03 09:21 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123, abcdef863349
1966 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.