Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#246036 - 11/18/03 01:50 PM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MRP1017]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Quote:

Aside from the burning question that I ask myself, don't you all have jobs or something better to do with your lives

Nice comment from an owner of a sportscard business to potential customers!

Marc,

Other than MW1 who else was critical of you in this thread? I read this thread
twice and can't understand why you felt that with your first post on this board
you should blast everyone here. Most of the criticisms were directed
towards PSA not you. And they were fair criticisms. I agree that everyone
makes mistakes. That is fine. I just felt that was an obvious one that
should of been caught somewhere along the process. To use the number
of cards graded by Psa as an excuse is b.s. too! If the quality is suffering
from the quantity being graded maybe you and others should send more
material to SGC. Items like the Mayo card you had for auction have a
strong demand in either holder, as long as it has the tab.

Back to doing nothing with my life....

aconte

#246037 - 11/18/03 02:13 PM Question for Marc Perna [Re: aconte]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Marc,

Do you sell Sgc cards? Are they offered regularly in your inventory?
I do not see any at this time. I see you offer GAI cards. Therefore,
it can not be a matter of price since Gai cards do not command a premium
at this time. Also, Sgc has been around much longer than Gai. I would think
that with the hard work that you put in the hobby you want to give
customers a number of choices. I know the standard answer about
commons and the set registry. But I see you with cards that would sell in any
of the top grading companies holders.

When I'm at the Ft. Washington show I find it interesting how there
are a few dealers that refuse to put any Sgc cards in their inventories.
I usually don't buy from them.

aconte

#246038 - 11/18/03 06:38 PM Re: Honest Dealers *DELETED* [Re: MRP1017]
MW1
veteran

Post deleted by dena
#246039 - 11/18/03 07:32 PM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MW1]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Loc: Trimmed, Pressed, Power Erased

Michael

Welcome back. You have been missed.

#246040 - 11/18/03 11:11 PM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: njdolphins]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Ah so nice of VSI to stop on by to clear his name. This coming from the same person who supposedly took a deal out from underneath Steve Verkman.

FIND must be defind as back stabbing.

#246041 - 11/19/03 09:53 AM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MW1]
Sean_C
Hobbyist

I've said this before (even to Joe Orlando), and I'll say it again: whomever graded that Mayo should be fired. There is no excuse for a mistake like that.

Quote:

Quote:

To Davaillo and others,
Its funny how everyone in these stupid message boards are poised to jump on any dealer for the slightest of "ethics" infraction they deem he has violated. Aside from the burning question that I ask myself, don't you all have jobs or something better to do with your lives, it strikes me how you can viciously assault another dealer for a simple mistake.

The fact of the matter, Marc, is that your blunder in listing this card is as big as PSA's in grading it. Forgive me for saying so, but I wouldn't exactly say that such actions inspire confidence in your abilities to buy and sell cards that aren't trimmed and altered. And don't get mad at others or blame collectors. They didn't foolishly list a hacked N300 Mayo on eBay -- you did.

Quote:

I know PSA shouldn't of [sic] graded the Mayo but I am sure they look at more cards than I do.

So this is your best rationalization? If so, then I think we can safely assume that PSA's judgment on cards is better than yours. Once again, Marc, I don't think this inspires much confidence in your abilities. Based on your statements here, do you think it would be fair to say that you buy and sell numbers on holders and not cards?

Quote:

And if in the future anyone of you out here have a problem with me or my company I suggest you pick up the phone and do the right thing. We cant get anywhere in this business backstabbing each other.

Are you sure that's the position you'd like to take, Marc? From what I've heard, you're one of the biggest back-stabbers in this business. The following internet newsgroup entry (written by you) illustrates my point -- Link

Edited by SGCmod (11/19/03 01:04 PM)

#246042 - 11/19/03 10:23 AM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MW1]
MRP1017
Just got here

MW-
The day I start taking advise from you is the day I get out of the business and start looking over my shoulder for you or your brother. you have no room to talk or exhibit ANY opinions of the hobby here or anywhere esle for that matter. The both of you are an island in this this industry who have alienated every show promoter from Bill Schmerer to J Paul to Tri Star. You have pissed off EVERYONE I have ever encountered including dealers and collectors. I cant find ONE PERSON who speaks highly of you. You cant do shows anymore because nobody wants you there. Anyone out there who doesn't believe me? Just ask other dealers. ANY DEALER. I am still shocked to this day that SGC would align themselves with the pair of you. I rip out the ads in the Beckett every month when I see your face holding up a year old football deal that only saw 1-2 dozen cards get graded by SGC (told to me straight from SGC). The biggest question of last year was why BMW was STILL doing the National. Unfortunatey the brass at NSCC is underfunded and has no guts to kick you out of the last regional show you are allowed to attend. Go away. Your opinions mean nothing to me. You two are a bunch of hacks.
-----------------------------
As for VSI not carrying SGC cards, I love SGC product. I think it looks good in the holder and I think they have good eyes looking at their cards. They also have had their share of bad material like any grading company (can you say sheet-cut 1957 Topps Mantles?). I just dont have any SGC product at present but its a good product in my opinion.

Are you sure that's the position you'd like to take, Marc? From what I've heard, you're one of the biggest back-stabbers in this business. The following internet newsgroup entry (written by you) illustrates my point -- Link

#246043 - 11/19/03 10:32 AM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: botn]
MRP1017
Just got here

Now this is genuinely funny. Stevey V had absolutely nothing to do with this deal. But I doubt whether he would have has the moxie to buy it if it was offered. Makes for a good laugh though....

Quote:

Ah so nice of VSI to stop on by to clear his name. This coming from the same person who supposedly took a deal out from underneath Steve Verkman.

#246044 - 11/19/03 11:37 AM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MRP1017]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Again, Mr Perna, with all due respect...

I do not dispute that one does not have a problem finding people in the hobby that have issues with the "strong personalities" behind BMW cards. However, I have NEVER found a person that would dispute their knowledge of vintage cards (and, by the way, the quality of their inventory). In this regard, you are the first...and I don't consider your opinion highly in this matter.

Scott

#246045 - 11/19/03 02:38 PM Re: Honest Dealers [Re: MRP1017]
MW1
veteran

Marc,

Your lack of hobby knowledge generally coincides with what I've heard about you from serious vintage collectors.

As for your general knowledge of the hobby, that is lacking too. My guess is that few are interested in engaging egregiously ignorant, two-faced, back-stabbing dimwit dealers in conversation (i.e., you).

Generally speaking, your allegations are laughable. Everything from the shows in Boston we've been removed from (we've never actually attended a convention in that city) to your reference to Bob Schmierer as "Bill Schmerer." And do you even know what "J. Paul" stands for? I didn't think so. Finally, the stuff you write about the National aptly demonstrates how little you know about that venue.

You know very little about vintage cards and even less about the hobby you live in. We are well-liked and have an excellent reputation among serious vintage collectors. The fact that the same tired group of petty PSA dealers has negative things to say about us, really comes as no great revelation.

My advice to you, Marc, is to find an occupation where you truly belong -- spend a year or two in charm & beauty school and then enter yourself in one of the nation's top dog shows. Who knows? You just might win.

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 8 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.