Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#246157 - 10/27/03 10:05 AM Graded Vending Boxes
strider
Hobbyist

Loc: Washington State

I was hunting for vending boxes on eBay and spotted a couple that were GAI-graded! I'm fairly new at card collecting, but grading vending boxes doesn't make any sense to me! So what if you've got a pristine vending box that may hold gem mint cards? I thought we're in the sports CARD collecting hobby, not the vending box collecting hobby.

Does grading vending boxes make sense to anyone else?

Count me as .... CONFUSED!

-Daniel

#246158 - 10/27/03 06:13 PM Re: Graded Vending Boxes [Re: strider]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Daniel --

I understand where you are coming from. But I think it does have some value. When they grade a box, they are not expressing an opinion on the condition of the cards, just the vending box. It stands to reason that a beat up box is more likely to have beat up cards. Not a certainty, but a probability. Only you can decide if the premium is worth paying. Ordinarily I'd say no, but if they box was graded very low, I might avoid it.

I bought a non-graded vending box of 1977 topps baseballl and I did very well when I submitted to SGC....

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.