Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#24763 - 11/12/02 12:57 AM Time to start seeing sets in the registry
Anonymous Unregistered

OK. . .my degree is not in math so I'm just taking a wild stab at this. . .

-- Registry "went live" on 7 November.
-- It stated validation would take 3 days
-- Today, 12 November, is the third business day

So. . .that tells me we should start seeing a lot more sets today. Perhaps someone from SGC can explain the process and why it seems to be taking so long. From the outside, it seems they've been more interested in adding more eligible sets than in validating the sets already submitted.

Also. . .perhaps someone from SGC can tell us how many sets are in the queue to be validated and a status report in general. My suggestion is to add a section of the registry page providing news such as which new eligible sets were added and other pertinent news about what's improvements/refinements are coming. This would be a proactive way to inform participants about what's going on with the registry.

Mike

#24764 - 11/12/02 06:24 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Hello everyone. Since the launch last Thursday we have been working hard in many areas to make the registry as comprehensive and sound as possible. At present we are trying to add more standard sets like 1960's Topps baseball, football sets from the 1970's, etc and add sets that some of you have requested. We are also working hard to properly weigh each card of each set. Unfortunetley these tasks are very time consuming and at the same time we are working out some of the minor "bugs" within the registry. Some of the "bugs" have caused delays in our set approval, therefore some of you that have submitted sets for the registry have not been able to view them. Sets that contain large numbers of cards have been especially problematic. We have found that the "pull down menu" containing the grades are giving certain web browsers trouble. We are considering having the users enter the grades manually and eliminating the pull down menu. In any event, the sets will be viewable in the next day or so. Currently we have approx. 40-50 sets that have been submitted and are awaiting approval. Thank you again for your participation and patience.

Sean Skeffington-SGC

#24765 - 11/12/02 06:28 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: SeanSGC]
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

Sean, i just want to thank you for your replys here and also thank you for the email you sent me refering to the 74 topps baseball set being missed. The personal service will go along ways and you guys are doing great thanks again.

#24766 - 11/12/02 11:07 PM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: remo]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Thanks your quick reply, Sean.

#24767 - 11/13/02 09:48 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: vayank]
remo
Collector

Now there making progress looking good guys.

#24768 - 11/14/02 01:34 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: remo]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Wow, some really nice stuff out there!

If you haven't checked them out yet -- take a look at mrredman's '52 set -- I had to wipe the drool off my keyboard the first time I saw them. Ditto for DE's '62s. Also, a really nice '59 Fleer set out there.

These sets are going to be tough acts to follow.

Keep it up everyone,

SS

#24769 - 11/14/02 02:45 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: srs1a]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

SS,

The 52 red man set that mrredman has up is a sweet set indeed. You do
not have to be a red man fan to know this set is nice and high end.
Add in the fact that the 52's are the hardest issue to get in high grade
makes his set even more astonishing. It is truly a sweet set.

His Sgc 84 Ted Williams card is definitely without a doubt nicer than at least one of the Psa 8 red man cards. I've held one of the eights. It would not surprise
me if it were as nice (or close to) as the eight that was auctioned in the
Mastro auction. I did not see that card first hand. I thought the Mastro
eight had a decent sized print dot (spec or mark...) under the bio box.
I never requested a larger scan on the card to be sure. Mrredman's
Sgc 84 might be nicer than the Sgc88 that just was auctioned on ebay.

Your looking at one of the finest 52 red man sets in the land.

aconte

#24770 - 11/14/02 02:48 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: srs1a]
remo
Collector

speaking of time to see sets in registry i think we have a problem sean, if you look at the 73 topps baseball 1 person has 5 sets registered with same name.My thought is maybe hes only working on one but could be wrong might want to check into that otherwise looks great guys good job.

#24771 - 11/14/02 03:04 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: srs1a]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

SS --

Just wondering ... have you received my replies to your two emails?

#24772 - 11/14/02 03:14 AM Re: Time to start seeing sets in the registry [Re: deadlyembrace]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Yes DE, I have. thanks for the info -- I think we are on the same page. SS
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.