Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#283431 - 12/11/03 09:38 AM New Category For Graded Cards..NO SGC?
KLL
Hobbyist

I noticed that a new category listing appears for PSA & GAI graded cards. I did not see SGC or any other grading service. Is this a new ebay revenue stream? Is this something that grading services pay to have their company name appear in the category description? Anyone have any information on this?
#283432 - 12/11/03 10:24 AM Re: New Category For Graded Cards..NO SGC? [Re: KLL]
Fabfrank
(S)uper Collector

Unfortunately SGC is getting lumped into the "Other Graded Companies" category. I don't think sellers pay extra to be listed in this category. It seems it's a further refinement of Ebay's search engine.
#283433 - 12/11/03 01:59 PM Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: KLL]
estang
(S)uper Collector

First, it is my understanding that ebay has product managers whose job it is to structure their categories and be responsible for managing that section of the ebay site. I'm sure that there is a product manager for sports memorabilia or perhaps as detailed as trading cards. Nevertheless, use this ebay feedback URL to request that they add SGC along with PSA.

I've already done it. I should note that I requested them to include SGC, Beckett and SCD. I gave some reasoning and information to support these "top 5" grading card companies.

SGC and Beckett deserve to be there before GAI. However, they all should be there.

You know they have a problem with just "2" companies for grading card category when the "other company" section is about 1/2 the cards listed.

Erik

#283434 - 12/11/03 04:17 PM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: estang]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Erik -- Great idea! Done.

#283435 - 12/12/03 06:34 AM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: vayank]
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

Just sent in my suggestion thank for the info.

#283436 - 12/13/03 05:41 PM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: remo]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Hi Guys,

I had the opportunity to speak with a gentleman who is in charge of the Sports portion of ebay. He had explained to me that when a category gets too many listings that they add a "leaf" for organization purposes. This is strictly geared at making it easier for buyers to find what they are looking for.

He further explained that it takes 70 items per day to warrant ebay adding the "leaf". Obviously PSA has the bulk of the listings in the graded card categories so it is a given that they will be added as a "leaf". It is not meant to be ebay's endorsement of any grading company over another. They also do not want to add a "leaf" and have it remain empty as it only clutters up the listing categories.

Greg

#283437 - 12/14/03 03:32 PM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: botn]
KLL
Hobbyist

Greg
'
Does that mean there is a lack of posted cards from the non listed grading companies such as SGC and BVG? Why is GAI there? I seldom see more than a handful of GAI cards listed in the 1950's category. Actually most times fewer than 50 GAI cards from the 1950's are listed in the graded sections on ebay. I sometimes see more SGC cards listed as compared to GAI. I am positive that as few SGC cards that appear on ebay, it is far more than GAI! SGC should be listed too.

I too have followed the link provided above and urge everyone to do the same.

#283438 - 12/15/03 09:31 PM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: KLL]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

KLL,

The gentleman at eBay told me that as long as there are 75 listings for a particular grading service then a "leaf" added. I do recall that he said that they spot check it. If GAI, or any other of the grading companies, that they have added a "leaf" for in the impacted categories drop below the required number then they will remove the "leaf".

It certainly cannot hurt to send an e-mail directly to Bob Holden at sportsmemorabilia@ebay.com. If nothing more he can explain to you what the requirements are.

Greg

#283439 - 12/18/03 03:55 PM Re: Where to give feedback to ebay to add SGC [Re: botn]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Quote:

I am positive that as few SGC cards that appear on ebay, it is far more than GAI! SGC should be listed too.

Talk about a backhanded compliment.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.