Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#301590 - 01/02/04 11:00 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: srs1a]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Gentlemen,

I am aware of the bogus Bonds card that is currently on eBay. I have been in contact with eBay's fraud department today and the auction should be removed within 24 hours. To answer Scott's question, I have not seen this version of a bogus SGC label before, but I have seen other crude reproductions of an SGC label on one or two other occassions. This is a rare and unfortunate situation, but thanks to all of the board members for bringing these potential frauds to light.

Happy New Year,
Sean-SGC

#301591 - 01/02/04 01:38 PM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: SeanSGC]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Loc: Trimmed, Pressed, Power Erased

Officer Sean

Thanks for getting the auction closed down. Hopefully we wont see many, if any, bogus cards going forward.

Regards

Ron

#301592 - 01/02/04 01:59 PM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: njdolphins]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

I would like to know the seller's response. His feedback suggests he was a victim. Where did he the card?

#301593 - 01/03/04 02:40 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: vayank]
MW1
veteran

The auction has been removed from eBay.

For those who might be interested, our pal Soloman Cramer (beefcake210 on the CU forum, the1derer on this forum) tries to draw an analogy between a single card (the Bonds) and the WIWAG/PSA holder scandal.

Link to thread

Keep in mind, folks, that this is the same person who has admitted on a public forum that he'll do anything to make money -- even if it means defrauding customers with his thousands of reprinted cards he sells on eBay, or cutting up uncut sheets and passing the cards off as factory direct. EBay has already banned one of Solomon's pet projects (remember FGA?) from its site for its fraudulent grading activities (remember those reprinted Bazookas he got caught red-handed with?).

If this situation teaches us anything, it is (ironically) to avoid doing business with Solomon Cramer.

#301594 - 01/03/04 04:20 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: MW1]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Well, I would be surprised if that was Sol Cramer, and would be disappointed it was. The text is reminiscent of another anti-Wentz.

In any case, has anyone heard back from the seller? Until then, this whole thread could be premature. People screw up drescriptions all the time. They cut and paste, they mis-type, they make a mistake -- and the incorrect description does not get corrected. The serial # could be the error. And then this thread gets created, then Sean makes a call, but I am not sure anyone actually confirmed the serial number with the seller. I'm glad for this thread and the auction's removal as a precaution.

I'm not saying that is the case, but we don't know know one way or other as a fact. Hopefully the seller will respond.

#301595 - 01/03/04 05:21 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: vayank]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Matt

Did you actually look at the auction that I linked in when it was still around? If so, you would have noted that the bogus serial number was quite plainly on the holder itself in addition to being within the text of the auction so when I called SGC I felt justified in doing so and there really couldn't be any mistake.

The seller has sent me an email and claims to be someone named James Feng. He claims that he bought the card a couple of years ago and was misled.

MW: How are you sure this is really Sol Cramer? This fellow claiming to be Feng gave me a phone number should I care to contact him. A bold bluff?

Ron

#301596 - 01/03/04 05:33 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: njdolphins]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

NJD > I did look, but the scan was so blurry I could not read the serial number. I therefore I could not be certain. You were entirely justified in your post.

I would call him. See what he says.

#301597 - 01/03/04 06:37 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: njdolphins]
MW1
veteran

Quote:

MW: How are you sure this is really Sol Cramer?

The clues are many. PM me and I'll send you proof.

#301598 - 01/03/04 06:48 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: MW1]
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

Ron
i was at work when the whole thing went down. any way we could get the users ebay name and maybe a link to his other auctions?

john

#301599 - 01/03/04 07:20 AM Re: This auction has more ???'s [Re: jackstraw]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

John

Here is the link to the seller's auctions

Seller of the bogus bonds' auctions

Ron

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 11 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.