Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#309176 - 02/07/04 07:05 PM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: estang]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Jim >

Cross over or not, you're welcome on this Board.

#309177 - 02/07/04 07:41 PM Re: PSA and IBS [Re: grilloj39]
GoSoxBoSox
Just got here

Okay Jim,

I'm finally sick og the moronic banter from the uninformed. I guess I may need to join you nice boys over here.

Tom Papa

#309178 - 02/07/04 07:46 PM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: vayank]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

This board is head and shoulders above the PSA board IMO, however, now we're lowering ourselves to some of the posts made across the street. What business it is of ours to demand immediate answers on someone's grading company of choice. As I recall, they are HIS cards and no one else's.

#309179 - 02/07/04 08:07 PM Re: PSA and IBS [Re: grilloj39]
GoSoxBoSox
Just got here

Okay Jim,

I finally sick og the moronic banter from the uninformed. I guess I may need to join you nice boys over here.

Tom Papa

#309180 - 02/07/04 08:32 PM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: grilloj39]
botn

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Orlando just ends up looking less credible when he tries to silence people who are asking questions. Jim is an asset to the hobby given his passion for collecting. His investment in PSA holders warrants his asking the questions that he has posed.

I made an error when I gave Dan Markel credit for being a bright guy. He made a post today in which he clearly displays that he is nothing more than a common dullard and a hobby outsider. In that post he claims that I have provided information pertaining to WIWAG that is filled with misinformation, misrepresentations and nonsense, etc. It is not worth my addressing his post specifically.

Every single sentence that I have written on this subject is 100% factual and accurate. If it were not I would have already been sued. CU WAS very involved and hands on with every step of the WIWAG crime. CU did most of the leg work for the FBI and the prosecutors. For those of you who think that I am full of it, please write or call Orlando and have him tell you the exact Thursday in August 2003 when CU employees picked up the sealing machine and unopened holders from WIWAG.

It is too bad that people have to draw lines in the sand. Guys like Dude, Acowa, Toppsgun, Basilone, Buckwheat, Wolfbear, Gemint and Tipem have to make this an adversarial situation when we are all in this together.

#309181 - 02/07/04 10:17 PM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: botn]
gemint
Learning the Ropes

* Internet 'cookies' protection set to low *

Greg,

I'm not drawing a line in the sand. I have no problem with you posting complaints about PSA, WIWAG or even me. I'm just issuing a friendly challenge that if you are most interested in making the hobby better (which I'm sure you are), then why not contribute some posts on positive topics in addition to your existing activity? I'm sure collectors who view or participate in this forum could benefit from your knowledge of the hobby.

Back to the other side.

* Internet 'cookies' protection returned to 'high' setting *

#309182 - 02/07/04 10:43 PM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: gemint]
botn

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Gemint

I do post regularly and contribute on the Vintage 54 Board. When there has been a topic on this board that I felt qualified to address I do so. Anytime I have been sent a PM or an e-mail from a board member I have always been happy to take time out and give my opinion.

I will admit I am very focused on the WIWAG scandal due to the mass cover up and feel it is paramount to identify and try to reduce the corruption that exists in this hobby. I think it is important for those who can think for themselves (Dan Markel and his Merry Men, excluded) to know what really happens behind the scenes.

#309183 - 02/08/04 04:31 AM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: botn]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

gosoxbosox,

Excellent advice offered last night on the Psa boards! Makes for a much happier
Sunday.

aconte

#309184 - 02/08/04 05:53 AM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: aconte]
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

First, thanks to the messengers of support on this board--most of whom also post on the psa message boards--Grillo, Aconte, Greg,Gemint, VaYank, John Basilone and most of all Tom Papa.
Since I cannot say it there (please bear with me) thank you for the outpouring of support from serious collectors on the PSA boards. While I appreciate that many serious collectors do not agree with all I say, that is the idea--to promote serious debate. Thanks in particular to Mike Schmidt(Marc Schoenen). He is the most knowledgeable collector on the psa boards and has turned into a great friend.
As all of you on this board know and probably most on the psa boards, many of the attacks are from certain people who are jealous of my collection and do not like my direct style and take on multiple identities to create the image of an uprising. Many of these people are not even collectors and simply are on the boards to stir the pot. Most of what is said about me is ludicrous and a gross exaggeration of what I said. For example, I have been critical about Joe Orlando for refusing to discuss rthe WIWAG scandal but I applaud both Greg's and Dan Markel's efforts to find the truth and I wish collectors could work together in this regard.
I actually do believe that psa wants to implement the half point grading system and I would hope that serious collectors would fight this.
It is of course a fact(not rumor) what I have said about collectors crossing over to GAI and them orienting their new submissions there.
I offer a perspective of a collector with a long-term history in the business. I know most major dealers well and I know many of the major figures in card grading. I also speak with other major collectors.
With few exceptions, these sources are not available to those on the PSA boards. Joe Orlando obviously knows this and does not want this point of view getting out on the boards.
Lastly, Estang am I going to contact SGC or not? No. First I am not ready to cross over all or part of my collection so I do not want to waste his time. Second, I would certainly accept an introductory call from him. Third, my view is that GAI has the best graders in the business --hands down--so if I was inclined to do so I think they would make me a pretty attractive offer. I may start giving them some business soon anyway. But I am not ready to rush wholesale into anything.

Jim(Davalillo)

#309185 - 02/08/04 08:42 AM Re: Answer the question Dav! [Re: Davalillo1]
estang
(S)uper Collector

Jim,

Thanks for the response to my inquiries. As Vayank stated, you're welcome here!

Erik

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.