Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#309106 - 01/19/04 05:37 PM Executive Outburst [Re: botn]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Joe Orlando added a very confrontational post across the street. He is certainly entitled to his opinion, but this was the wrong way out. Presidents should remain above the fray, unflustered and supremely confident. I am pretty amazed that a president of company would personalize things like he has. And you raise the profile and stature of the person making the criticism. It's one thing for trolls and shills to post stuff like that (I refer to tone and level of personalization), but the company president? It's Vince McMahon/WWE school of management!

This is not the tone of an accomplished, mature and self-assured executive.

Executive Outburst

Quote:

Hello All,

I only have one thing to say about these comments regarding PSA and these dealers:

Please consider the source of this garbage.

I have read through comments made by BOTN and others on the other boards and it is an absolute joke to me that these guys continue to whine, complain and attack PSA when anyone with half a brain knows that they have specific agenda. I can tell you this: It is very refreshing to see that there are plenty of people on the boards who discount what they say immediately because, truthfully, all they are trying to do is rally a few bitter souls to join their pathetic anti-PSA club.

The claims are baseless. I know most of you realize that but it needs to be said one more time. I came on the boards weeks ago in order to address this problem - the problem of people literally making up stories about PSA.

Bottom line- this whole thing is a bad joke - end of story.

Jealousy is a powerful thing.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
PSA President

#309107 - 01/19/04 07:28 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: vayank]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Loc: Trimmed, Pressed, Power Erased

Ah, kindly Uncle Joe.........have to make sure he gets put back in the will for his adult-like behavior..........what a baby.......go back to sleep Joe

#309108 - 01/19/04 07:40 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: njdolphins]
estang
(S)uper Collector

Signs of stress...A public relations firm or consultant is what is needed by PSA management to assist in handling their dilemna.

Erik

#309109 - 01/19/04 08:26 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: estang]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

This is not the first time that Joe has lashed out at someone displaying a complete lack of control and terrible conduct. Joe has insulted Jim Crandell several times on the forum.

Joe claims that I have an agenda and I am just curious what that agenda is and if he can articulate it in a civil manner.

Joe is desperate now. His editorial in the SMR titled Whack Jobs is just another way of his using his voice to dodge claims that he knows to be true. Hey Joe want to see the trimmed cards that I am in possession of that I sent into PSA directly? I will keep doing it as long as your graders are unable to detect these simple and easily detectable alterations. Tell me what would constitute enough evidence to demonstrate the lack of competence in your grading room.

#309110 - 01/19/04 10:44 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: botn]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Quote:

Hey Joe want to see the trimmed cards that I am in possession of that I sent into PSA directly? I will keep doing it as long as your graders are unable to detect these simple and easily detectable alterations.

Are you telling the world you sell trimmed PSA cards?...if so...do you notify your customer(s) in advance?

or...do you just keep them for yourself?

#309111 - 01/19/04 11:00 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: Basilone]
botn

John,

Go away, really. If you want to start stuff take it off of the board. Maybe you can explain how submitting implies selling. Your insinuation is not worthy of addressing but just so that you do not take this out of context, being the troublemaker that you are, the cards are here in my safe.

They will be used to prove to Joe that PSA is having difficulty in the grading room. The trim jobs are as basic as one can find yet the graders missed this. I will keep submitting them and I will start acquiring them. How many tens of thousands of holders containing just trimmed cards will it take for a lemming like you to believe reality?

If you have anything to add to this conversation that can be helpful to the public then please post. Otherwise go pick on someone who lacks your same intelligence.

#309112 - 01/19/04 11:09 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: botn]
Basilone

Do you have scans? Im sure we would all love to see them.

#309113 - 01/19/04 11:17 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: Basilone]
botn

I have the cards so of course I have scans. This is not the place to present this material. They will be presented to Joe in due time. I want to make sure that I have enough examples that were graded at different times to show him what a mess he has on his hands. I am sure that he will tell me that they are all fine. That is his usual approach with me.

I would love to have the support of guys like you but I doubt that my showing you scans will be enough to sway your opinion of me and my claims.

#309114 - 01/19/04 11:26 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: botn]
Basilone

Most collectors could learn a thing or two by looking at various examples of trimmed and/or doctored cards.

#309115 - 01/19/04 11:46 PM Re: Executive Outburst [Re: Basilone]
botn

John,

I agree with you 110%. If more collectors could identify issues such as trimming they might look at graded cards differently. There are many alterations that you cannot show in a scan to easily demonstrate the work. Scans can be misleading and can make it hard to see the subtleties of a trim, for instance. Then there are of course those chop jobs that you can easily see from even a low-resolution scan.

Greg

Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 8 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.