Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#335262 - 02/07/04 10:51 AM Thrown off the PSA Boards??
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

Apparently so--they will not take my log in info.

I have to laugh--I bring up serious issues--I get regularly slammed by a small number of people who have nothing better than to do than to go into personal attacks. Oh well, I know I have lots of friends over there --many of which will sell cards to me which was the main purpose of posting over there anyway.

We will see--I believe I will be proven right over time. PSA seems to be actively considering the .5 grades and other major collectors(Dave Jacobs) have said thats it for them and psa if they do this.

For my friends, I will communicate what I know through e-mails or you can e-mail me.

Jim(Davalilllo)

#335263 - 02/08/04 07:23 AM Re: Thrown off the PSA Boards?? [Re: Davalillo1]
Sean_C
Hobbyist

The fact that they would ban one of their largest collectors from their boards shows how short-sighted they (or more correctly Joe) really are. From what I had seen on the boards, you never took things personally with Joe until it he did. You might be arugumentative at times, Jim, but the issues you are/were arguing about are issues that need to be discussed, and for that you have my respect and admiration. I also appreciate the fact that you seem to have been able to separate the good (PSA's reputation and service) from the bad (Joe's inability to handle public relations), and am sad to see that you are no longer able to post there. Have you thought about escalating your concerns to Michael Haynes?

#335264 - 02/08/04 08:20 AM Re: Thrown off the PSA Boards?? [Re: Sean_C]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Jim is 100% correct that PSA was going to implement the 1/2 point system back in July 2003. It was a done deal until collectors spoke out. CU realized that it may not have been in their best interest at the time and took it off of the table.

I understand from speaking with some of the major PSA Authorized Dealers that the topic is going to be revisited in Las Vegas this next weekend. So once again, and it should surprise nobody, except for Markel and his Merry Men, that Joe is not telling the truth.

While PSA may feel that this will give them a competitive edge over the competition and allow them to pick up their dwindling market share, it will be a huge mistake and clearly will undermine the previous 10+ years of grading. It was too late in the game to do this 5 years ago.

Anyone know if PSA has consulted with its number one fan, Dan Markel, about this change? I know that he has been busy writing his Fairy Tale on the WIWAG crime but given that he is such an important voice in the hobby I would think that they would consider his opinion on this.

There are a number of things PSA could do to prevent further loss of the market share. This is not one of those things. SGC and GAI must be wetting themselves with each mistake that PSA makes. All it does is open the door wider for them giving them more and more opportunity. PSA is the number one promoter for SGC and GAI.

As it is when you go to a show most of the dealers are now using all 3 grading services. This is a trend that has increased over the last 6 to 8 months. Dealers are there to make money. If they are now using all 3 grading services that must mean the collectors are looking beyond just buying PSA slabs.

#335265 - 02/09/04 11:52 AM Orlando comments comical [Re: botn]
Davalillo1

I have never seen a president of a company quite like Joe Orlando in my life.

Really not worth spending a lot of time on because if he is going to lie and distort thr truth and the board members with their lips closely placed next to Joe's rear all respond oh thank you so much Joe in unison then whats the use.

But Joe there is a funny thing called the truth that you conveniently choose to ignore.

1)I have a pro-PSA agenda. As a large number of serious collectors on the boards have pointed out, I have been trying to make PSA a better company by pointing out all the things you could do better. You not only do not listen--you treat it as a personal attack.
2)")Disrespectful to PSA employees and people on the boards"--this is incredible--I get slammed by your lapdogs who make up all kinds of crazy allegations and I am disrespectful for raising issues. If you had any guts you would throw them off the boards.

3)Joe knows that my stories and sources are real. He knows I know a lot of dealers, major collectors, and he knows I know the competition. Sad he has to lie.

4)This is obviously a person who is in over his head in the job.

Thanks to all the serious collectors who have defended me on the boards and with your personal e-mails--it is truly an impressive list. I appreciate your kind words. For the people with multiple identities on the boards and those who are on just to cause trouble, you got your wish. But as the serious collectors have repeatedly pointed out the boards will be a far less interesting place and collectors will be far less informed about what is really going on.

Joe has told me how much he appreciates my business and my ideas by his actions.

Thanks again to all my friends,

Jin(Davalillo)

#335266 - 02/09/04 01:26 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: Davalillo1]
botn

Jim,

It really is not worth retorting Orlando's blatant lies. He is nothing more than a puppet. If you had 3/4ths of David Hall's arm up your a$$ making your mouth move you too would be a little grouchy.

It is really pathetic that Orlando has publicly concluded, as the largest holder of PSA slabs and one of the most valuable collections, that you would be out to sabotage PSA. What is the logic behind this demented thinking? I know that most board members hang on his every word but is it possible that he too is starting to believe his own lies?

Greg

#335267 - 02/09/04 03:18 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: botn]
KLL
Hobbyist

The three of you are about to make me puke. Why don't you take this to PSA or Network 54 board.

MW- I can't believe that you have now entered this fray. This is pathetic. This thread serves no purpose except for BOTN and Dav to pat themselves on their back. I thought for a moment that you would stand above this bs.

Dav- I hope you do use GAI. And i now take back my thought that SGC should contact you regarding your collection. Sean should give you the boot, and BOTN.

#335268 - 02/09/04 03:49 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: KLL]
botn

KLL

Use your brainstem and skip over these threads. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

#335269 - 02/09/04 03:55 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: KLL]
MW1
veteran

#335270 - 02/09/04 04:47 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: MW1]
KLL
Hobbyist

MW

I am glad that you have decided to be watch dog for DAV's problems.

The fact of the matter is that neither of the guys would be here if they had not been banned from PSA boards. The first time these two posted here is after they felt that they were being slighted by CU board members or after they were given the door.

The reason I expect more from you is due to the fact that you have been an active member of many forums. These two sucked you in! and I can not believe that you do not see this.

This has nothing to do with you wanting a grading service, PSA , to be a better company.

DAV and BOTN could give a rats *ss about SGC. They have nothing to contribute other than their constant b*tching and complaining. I for one thought that DAV would bring something a little more upbeat to this board. He has not. DAV and BOTN have brought their CU forum bs here and that is why CU forums are terrible.

#335271 - 02/09/04 05:12 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: MW1]
Davalillo1

I thought two other comments deserved mentioning before I drop this

1)First is Orlando's comments about PSA bashing. Care to cite any examples Joe--or better yet how about honestly addressing any of the issues I brought up and tell me where I am wrong. Know what--you can't

2)Secondly as you pointed out I did return your calls--I did not return your last one because you started lieing on the boards and using my name.

I would love to have an open debate with you on the issues or see Greg debate you--better yet how does it feel to have the serious collectors defend me and the idiots back you--you are in great company with people like BKAH and Kobe whose brains you couldn't fit in a thimble.

Thanks again to my many friends who have defended me. I will put their hobby knowledge and for that matter their iq up against the collective iq of the others:
I know I am leaving a lot of serious collectors out who have sent me private e-mails
expressing their support:
Marc Schoenen(Mike Schmidt
Tom PapaGoSoxBoSox)
Tipem(Vic)
Aconte
David Vargha
Griffins(Anthony)
1420 Sports
Frank Bakka
MantleFan
Jaxxr
RobE
Jay Wolt
GrilloJ
LuxuryWines
Ironranger
PurelyPSA
John Basilone
NickM
Fab4
Dave Jacobs(Stump)
Steve Novella
LuxiryWines
Couldabeena
Wolfbear
Teemu
Wayne Ellis

Buckwheat(Rob)--I respect you--I just think you are missing the point.

Dan Markel--I respect you too--we will talk soon.

Hasta La Vista,

Davalillo

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.