Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#335282 - 02/09/04 07:26 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: buttermarc]
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

Marc,

Outstanding post....and of course, many thanks. This post belongs on the psa board--go ahead and do it. Lets talk soon.

Jim

#335283 - 02/09/04 07:32 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: botn]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

MW...I can't say in all honesty whether you are right or wrong in regards to the perceptions of some about GAI. All I can do is simply relate my own experiences. I am a collector who seldom sells cards. I would rather trade then sell.

As a non-large-dealer, my experiences with GAI have been great. I have made 7 separate submission since Jun 2003. While I do not expect the same service (or pricing) as someone who submits 2000+ cards on their invoices, Mike and Danny have always been kind, receptive, and provide great customer service.

If the perceptions of some are true, then it must be Danny and Mike have a soft-spot in their heart for ex-military folk like me, otherwise I must be one lucky SOB.

#335284 - 02/09/04 07:43 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: grilloj39]
botn

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

I have not witnessed or experienced GAI playing favorites with any dealers or collectors. An argument could be made that they may have been a ½ grade more liberal in the beginning but this phenomena has not existed for 18 months or so. I am sure that the politicking exists but GAI is not in a position to be handing out grades to anyone. In fact most of us who use their services have been given explicit permission/orders to buy back, on their behalf, any card that they graded that is an eyesore.

This is an entirely different MO than what employed while Baker and Rocchi were employees of PSA and CU. Same two guys, different results.

#335285 - 02/09/04 07:53 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: grilloj39]
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

well you have my support jim! go get um! remember its only going to hurt if you hit them in the wallet! take food off their table and i bet they will want to talk to you!

john

#335286 - 02/09/04 08:03 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: jackstraw]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Jim has the support of a number of us "guys across the street".....it is my hope (and many others) that cooler heads will prevail and Jim and Joe can get together and come to some sort of resolution in a professional and timely matter.

John Basilone

#335287 - 02/09/04 08:41 PM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: Basilone]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

I agree with John Basilone.

While in the end my preference of grading companies
is Sgc, I support Jim as a Psa collector. Maybe it is time to move on and complete
various sets in Psa holders and start new ones in other company holders
such as Sgc or Gai or both.

Good luck and happy collecting!

aconte

#335288 - 02/10/04 06:08 AM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: aconte]
grilloj39

Loc: San Antonio, TX

While I am dismayed with the antics of the PSA President, I would like to add that in the long run, I would like to see Jim and PSA work issues out for the benefit of a fellow collector. I think it's best for the hobby when 3 reputable major grading companies can co-exist peacefully. Realizing an arena of business competition is going to exist among the three, I do not feel it is necessary for that level of competition to transcend downward to hobbyists.

Mr Orlando has been successful in alienating many of his customers within the hobby, creating an US against THEM attitude, that only serves to his benefit (and the detriment of hobbyists in the long run) IMO.

If Mr Orlando wants to fire back, then do so in a constructive way that serves us all. For example, lower prices, simple submission procedures, better (secure) holder, half-point grading, better customer service, answer WIWAG questions, etc. His competitors will follow suit and will be "chalked up" as an improvement in grading services.

Good luck Jim and whatever you decide, I hope things work out for the better.

#335289 - 02/10/04 06:39 AM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: grilloj39]
KLL
Hobbyist

BOTN

You are full of it. Again, show me one thread any where on the internet that you authored that shows SGC in a positive light.

I will bet that there are no postings any forum prior to your problems with CU.

Answer the question and PROVE ME WRONG! With your investigative ability, this should be a snap.

You are just using this forum to further your own agenda.

#335290 - 02/10/04 06:54 AM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: KLL]
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

KLL,

I will start with something positive. I have heard good things from several serious collectors/dealers about the quality of SGC grading.

#335291 - 02/10/04 06:56 AM Re: Orlando comments comical [Re: KLL]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

KLL, with all due respect, you are out of line.

Is there any more positive light that SELLING SGC product? Have you looked at botn's website and examined his inventory?

As far as attacks, etc...you seem to be at the head of the class. A rather standard method of operation for an anonamous poster.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.