Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#344287 - 02/25/04 02:26 AM Re: Additional Info... [Re: Vintagedeputy]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

VintageDeputy,

I see that you can dish it out but you cannot take it. I thought that based on your first comment about me that you actually had a sense of humor. I guess it is selective and only at another's expense.

Unlike most people I appreciate criticism. You state With that being said, let me tell you how a third party views your posts, and please accept these coments as informative not critical. I merely offer them in an attempt to enlighten you as to how others feel, the same way you offer information to enlighten others. This thought is confusing as you state "a third party" but then state "others". It is odd because I have received countless e-mails from people who have praised and thanked me for being willing to display the guts to speak out. Not sure that I would continue to provide the information if I knew "others" did not want to hear this information.

I am merely a messenger and you are 100% wrong that I am not interested in PSA's demise. I think that would have a catastrophic impact on the hobby. I am merely trying to effect change that can only occur if the masses are willing to force CU to be accountable. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As vocal (I guess you would call it sick, scary, obsessive, etc) as I have been on this message board I have been even more outspoken, in telephone and in person conversations as well as e-mails, with management at PSA/CU. I got nowhere with this method on my own so I have tried to expose all collectors to information that I possess and things that I have experienced.

I have been critical of PSA when they were the only grading company I was using. Steve Rocchi and Mike Baker can attest to that. I was tossed off of CU's message board for voicing my opinion about some cards which I felt were misgraded. At that time PSA was still my primary grading company by a long shot. Once again, I used the message board to raise collector's awareness, which would hopefully have made PSA a better company.

I am not sure that I can relate to the "professional" opinion that you share with a few anonymous posters who feel I am a stalker. If Orlando’s plates had not been the epitome of Vanity Plates, I never would have asked or posted the image. It was nothing more than my trying to goof on a guy who calls himself a President but conducts himself like a 16 year old whose Dad owns the company.

I do not expect everyone to like me, like what I say or even the way I may say it. It is however very clear to me that you render an opinion about me based on knowing very little about me and possibly even less about what goes on and has gone on in this hobby.

I welcome anyone who has an issue with me to pick up the telephone and call me collect. I am always prefer to speak openly to anyone rather than sparing on a chat board.

Greg

#344288 - 02/25/04 04:25 AM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

VintageDeputy/BOTN > Time to go to your neutral corners!!! . You've both had your say, and points have been made... Avoid the temptation for one more response...

#344289 - 02/26/04 03:11 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: vayank]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Loc: Richmond, Va.

VaYank,

Don't worry. I take no joy in picking a message board fight. I merely wanted to state my opinion. Now that I have done that, I consider this discussion closed in my mind and hopefully BOTN does as well. I still welcome his information and will read every post with interest.

#344290 - 02/26/04 03:53 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: Vintagedeputy]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Agreed. We both have had our say and hopefully understand where each other is coming from. I consider it closed as well.

If he ever wants to discuss anything with me I welcome him to call me rather than hasing it out here. I feel it will be far more constructive for both of us.

#344291 - 02/26/04 07:12 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Loc: Richmond, Va.

botn - Thank you for the invitation to call. The same goes for you as well. I don't mind discussing the merits of our fine hobby with another collector at all.

Jim

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.