Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#344277 - 02/22/04 11:45 AM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
KLL
Hobbyist

BOTN

The photo was a gift?

Maybe you really do have inside info on PSA. If you have photos, you may even have tape recordings of the "PSA PREZ" private conversations at work. At home too? This all seems very strange and very scary to me.

#344278 - 02/22/04 03:29 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: KLL]
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Is it really necessary to pollute the boards with your personal attacks? If you have a problem with me call or e-mail me. I sent you a PM and you did not even have the eggs to reply.

Funny how only the anonymous posters have an issue with a photo of a license plate.

#344279 - 02/22/04 05:28 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
HonusWagner
Hobbyist

Loc: Toronto, Ontario

Quote:

Is it really necessary to pollute the boards with your personal attacks?

Would polluting the board with a personal obsession be preferable?

You know Greg, sometimes I can't figure out whether you and Joe need a boxing ring or your own private room.

#344280 - 02/22/04 05:39 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: HonusWagner]
botn

Quote:

You know Greg, sometimes I can't figure out whether you and Joe need a boxing ring or your own private room.

You know Honus, that was actually pretty funny.

#344281 - 02/22/04 05:51 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

it made me chuckle

#344282 - 02/22/04 10:03 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: jackstraw]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Loc: Richmond, Va.

I'm leaning towards the private room option.............
#344283 - 02/22/04 11:14 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: Vintagedeputy]
botn

Vintagedeputy,

Please leave your personal preferences out of this.

#344284 - 02/23/04 04:12 AM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Gee, and I thought that this entire thread was about personal preferences.........
#344285 - 02/23/04 05:32 AM Re: Additional Info... [Re: Vintagedeputy]
botn

Quote:

Gee, and I thought that this entire thread was about personal preferences.........

No, wrong forum. But let me take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent nuptial. I certainly hope that Governor Schwarzenegger will eventually support your decision.

#344286 - 02/23/04 06:49 PM Re: Additional Info... [Re: botn]
Vintagedeputy
The Collectinator

Can I assume that you took my lighthearted comment and turned it into an attempt to call me a homosexual? Is that the best you can do?

Why not step back for a brief moment and look at things from another person's view? Shall we?

I am about as anti-PSA and anyone can be. I've hated the quality of work they perform from day one and I'm sure that numerous SGC employees will tell you that I have touted SGC's abilities for years now. Anyone remember the Graded Card Price guide that had a short history? I had letters in there as well as other hobby publications lauding the efforts of SGC and the quality of work they perform. In my 18 years in the hobby, I've owned exactly one PSA card. A PSA 9 1988 Fleer Update Glossy Mark Grace rookie that was given to me free by a supplies dealers at the Richmond Tuff Stuff Show in 1998. This was because I purchased $20 in supplies from him. Needless to say, that card was moved to an SGC holder in my next submission (SGC 96, believe it or not).

With that being said, let me tell you how a third party views your posts, and please accept these coments as informative not critical. I merely offer them in an attempt to enlighten you as to how others feel, the same way you offer information to enlighten others. Despite the fact that you called me a homosexual in an attempt to offend me, there is no malicious intent on my part.

My view as a collector is that your information and insight in the minute details of the PSA operation are informative and at the same time, overwhelming. As a law enforcement officer, your zealousness in the rapid advancement of PSA's demise is borderline stalking. Whether or not someone's license plate picture was given as a gift is immaterial. The fact that you retain such evidence in your files is a little scary. Your knowledge of PSA's day to day screw up's reminds me of a murder movie where the police find the killer's home and his walls are covered with news stories and photographs of a single individual.

My comment about the thread being "personal preferences" was centered around what makes this hobby great...PSA vs. SGC, Topps vs. Upper Deck, vintage vs. modern, Mickey Mantle vs. Barry Bonds. All too often lately, these boards have become clogged with a banter that I liken to that of a high school debate team discussion on the cold war. Let it go. The greed of modern ballplayers, the overproduction of cards and sets produced and other factors are killing what used to be a fun hobby. All I seek is a return to simpler times.......ya know, collecting baseball cards used to be fun.

Jim
Vintagedeputy

"You may fire when you are ready, Gridley"

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.