Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#357715 - 03/01/04 01:42 PM Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe
botn
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Santa Monica, CA

Real Legends has filed suit against Collectors Universe for their role in introducing WIWAG to Real Legends' Grade and Trade. Apparently CU endorsed WIWAG and recommended that RE accept them as a major consignor despite having prior knowledge of WIWAG's questionable reputation.

Here is the official Press Release by RE about their affiliation with PSA.

Depositions are occurring right now and based on the Plaintiff's attorneys, Orlando and Hall have not been truthful in their testimony. Both denied having prior knowledge that WIWAG had a very high percentage of cards rejected from their submissions and the existence of certain procedures that were established in the grading room to deal with higher risk submitters.

Orlando also lied about what was confiscated by CU at WIWAG's office as a result of their being caught. He claims that no holders and no sealing machine were found at the office. That is funny because the FBI said that empty and open holders were found at WIWAG's office. That is part of the public record.

Past and present employees are being deposed currently and their testimony is painting a very bad picture for CU. If Plaintiff’s attorneys decide to depose Charlie Kahler I think that CU will have to waive the white flag and cut a check. Either way once they see the list of witnesses and read the depositions, there is no way that they will let this one be heard.

Seems that CU has its hands full right now. If they decided to tell the truth about WIWAG and of course the most recent event, 63 Rose MINT 9's with the same cert numbers, they could avoid unecessary stress and most importantly impart confidence in their service. As it is now it seems that the natives are getting restless and are beginning to ask those needed questions--if not publicly then at least to themselves.

I hope that collectors will become more proactive in their approach to dealing with the current situation that has unfolded before them. There are too many people who have relied on PSA who are clearly at risk. This is not to say that every card in a PSA holder is questionable but current management cannot be relied upon to handle matters in an upfront manner.

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

#357716 - 03/02/04 08:10 AM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: botn]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Greg-

When was this suit filed?

#357717 - 03/02/04 09:05 AM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: Basilone]
KLL
Hobbyist

BOTN

Do you ever post anything where the topic is SGC related? I for one feel that you are using this SGC board just to bash PSA. Although I may agree with some of your points, I don't feel that this board should be used in this manner. Every other topic on this board is PSA related. In case we haven't noticed, we are down to about 12 people posting on this message board. And two of the members have nothing to do but bash PSA and another two do nothing but defend PSA.

At least start an occasional SGC related topic.

I don't know exactly why you don't post on their board. I believe that you have either been banned or a self imposed exile. Not sure. I would think that if you posted these comments on PSA web site, you would get a wider audience. Maybe you should end your ban or apologize to who ever you have to and get back on the CU boards, where topics like these would be more at home.

#357718 - 03/02/04 10:47 AM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: KLL]
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

KLL,

Greg consistently posts the most interesting stuff on any message board I have seen. What is going on at PSA is the story of our times. If you talk about it on the PSA boards, you run the risk of getting thrown off which is what happened to both Greg and me.
You wouldn't believe all the e-mails I get from psa members and national dealers about what is said here. Basically what Greg and MW say here drives all the interesting posts on the
Psa boards.
If you do not like it, simply do not respond and respond only to the ones you want to.

Davalillo

#357719 - 03/02/04 10:50 AM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: KLL]
botn

John,

I am not exactly sure when it was filed.

KLL,

You are a broken record. All you do is complain about the content of my posts when you are not adding your own anti PSA spin to various threads. I have as much a right to post here as you have in not reading certain threads. You do not run the forum and until such time as I am asked to leave, I will continue to use the forum titled THE GREAT GRADING DEBATE, to mention PSA related topics.

Maybe it has not occurred to you but the leading third party grader is involved in some highly questionable and unethical events. I think that this impacts all of us. This is not a PSA issue it is a hobby issue. You must not have read all of my posts or you would have known why I am not posting on the CU forum. This is old news pal. I have a fine audience here. It seems that only a few anonymous complainers have an issue with me.

Instead of busting my eggs, why don't you start a couple of SGC related threads and demonstrate some of your incredible hobby knowledge.

#357720 - 03/02/04 01:41 PM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: botn]
carew4me
Just got here

How do you guys feel about GAI.
I understand that they have over taken SGC as the #2 grader.

Also within the last 2 months, GAI has over taken SGC in volume on Ebay.
Closing prices for GAI are also approching PSA which I guess may cause more concern for those collectors who rely solely on SGC.

I respect those folks solely wed to SGC becasue we know they are true
collectors who are not in it for profit.

#357721 - 03/02/04 01:54 PM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: carew4me]
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

DO you have any proof of this or are you just here to be a troll and cause hate and discontent. Personally i could care less i buy sgc because i like there product and standards. So what exactly is your point?

#357722 - 03/02/04 01:56 PM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: carew4me]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Carew,

Are you kidding me? Oh man, thanks for telling me what is going on.
I'll need to sell while I can.

Thanks for coming over and letting me know.

aconte

#357723 - 03/06/04 07:23 PM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: aconte]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

The Real Legends website has being taken down recently, it seems.

#357724 - 03/06/04 07:45 PM Re: Real Legends Suit Against Collectors Universe [Re: vayank]
botn

Matthew,

This happened once before. I archived the two links that I referenced.

Greg

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 9 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.