Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#36231 - 12/10/02 07:23 AM Pete Rose in hof?
remo
Collector

Loc: washington state

what are your thoughts on this? personally i think he should be there but not allowed to have any major league baseball job. the hall is for on the field performance and he was on of the best of all time and should be in the hall.

#36232 - 12/10/02 08:39 AM Re: Pete Rose in hof? [Re: remo]
murph0
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: IOWA

He should be in the HoF no doubt. It's [!@#%^&^] that he's getting negative selective treatment.

Brian

#36233 - 12/10/02 02:54 PM Re: Pete Rose in hof? [Re: murph0]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

He should be in. I don't think the Phillies would of won without him.
He was one of the best.

Pete = HOFer!!!

aconte

#36234 - 12/10/02 03:14 PM Re: Pete Rose in hof? [Re: remo]
Anonymous Unregistered

No doubt....Its just stupid that he is not in the Hall. Same with Shoeless Joe. I think Rose is a putz, but so were a lot of HOFers. Its not about character, its about performance otherwise they might as well kick Ty Cobb out.....
#36235 - 12/13/02 05:20 AM Re: Pete Rose in hof?
Anonymous Unregistered

I agree that Pete Rose deserves to be in the HOF, but he should take a ticket and wait in line behind Shoeless Joe. Certainly a HOF that lacks recognition for the player who garnered the most hits is creating a large void.

Despite possibly betting on baseball, and signing a contract for a 'lifetime ban', certainly baseball fans have forgiven Rose. I believe the majority of baseball fans of today are unaware of the impact that Joe Jackson had in his era, and the exact nature of his 'baseball crimes'. If Jackson were alive today to put a public face on the claim, he would receive as much, if not more, consideration for reinstatment as Pete Rose.

#36236 - 01/07/03 02:24 AM Re: Pete Rose in hof?
Anonymous Unregistered

Without a doubt.!! Despite the charges, he was one of the best.!!

Just had a thought based on my statement above. How does O.J. fit into the same scenario.? ** NEVER MIND.... DUMB QUESTION.!! **

Edited by Hambone (01/07/03 02:27 AM)

#36237 - 01/10/03 12:27 PM Re: Pete Rose in hof?
Anonymous Unregistered

O.J belongs in the Hall of Fame. So hes a piece of shlt......so was Ty Cobb,and Rose really isnt that much better than either of them(except for the whole grizzly murder thing). Its all about performance ON the field otherwise dont WE ALL have a shot at the Hall????? Think about it....
#36238 - 01/10/03 12:32 PM Re: Pete Rose in hof?
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

Dungeon,

I agree. I hate it when HOF credentials become clouded with people posturing and trying to be superior. Pete Rose was a HOFer and he paid terrible price for whhatever he did. The man spent time in jail. He played his heart on the field -- Fay Vincent is a big fat moralistic toad.

#36239 - 01/10/03 12:45 PM Re: Pete Rose in hof? [Re: vayank]
Anonymous Unregistered

I dont know....I was kinda thinking of how nice it would be if I were inducted into the Hall for my outstanding behavior off the field! My Mom would be so proud!
#36240 - 01/31/03 02:13 AM Re: Pete Rose in hof? [Re: remo]
vic6string
The Collectinator

Loc: Miami, Florida

Okay, time to go with the unpopular answer... No HOF vote from me. There is only one rule that gets you banned for life from the sport. It is not a new rule. It is not an unwritten rule. It is posted in every major league locker room in the country. It was not a surprise to Rose when they mentioned the lifetime ban. They didn't create the rule just for him. Sure, drug use is bad. So is murder. So is any crime...I should know being a corrections officer. But none of those things have the potential to ruin the sport like betting. Even if you are betting on your own team to win. If Rose the manager bet on tomorrow's game but not today's game, don't you think that would affect the way he coaches the two? Would he put in the closer today knowing he needs him tomorrow? Would he start a pitcher on too little rest if the stakes were high enough? Maybe he would rest his shortstop today because he wants to be sure he is okay for tomorrow. It casts a shadow on every decision he made as a manager. If people even begin to think that games might be fixed, the sport will die. Boxing is not nearly as popular as it used to be, and part of it is that many people feel that the fights are rigged. Even if they aren't, just the thought that they might be is enough. Pete Rose knew the rules, knew the consequences, and broke the rules anyway. To top it off, he has shown no remorse, and keeps doing it. The latest reports of him gambling in Vegas sports books recently goes to show that he is not even willing to try to make himself look better. No, he did nothing illegal, but why would he bet in a sports book at a time when he is again being considered for entry. It's like being on probation and going to your probation officer's house with a beer in one hand and a gun in the other. I feel bad for Rose. He has a problem. I hope someday he can beat his gambling addiction. His records are in the hall of fame. The numbers all count. But the man is where he should be: on the outside looking in.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 9 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.