Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#367350 - 03/15/04 06:20 PM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: grilloj39]
knickstars
Just got here

Loc: Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY

1.PSA
2.SGC / Gai
3. ...

psa... simply because they have the most cards graded and seem to have the largest support from people who sell the cards I want... I have no problem with psa... I think they are fantastic...

I also really like SGC and GAI.
SGC - never had a major problem with SGC either. I like their holders best. Their management is fair, low key and consistient.

I also like GAI a lot. They seemed to gain legitimacy quickly... and all of the GAI cards I have purchused seem to be right on the money... They do need to improve their holders... nice look but sloppy gaskets... I have had a card slip under the gasket...

I guess it doesn't surprise me that their are a lot of PSA haters on these boards...
I accept this as a "new member."
PSA is rather large and seemingly careless at times with certain individuals...
...and I wouldn't discount your negative experiences as anything less than they are.

but I can't understand the BGS/BVG support at all. I'd rather have my cards graded by EDWARD SCISSOR HANDS than send another card to them...
The whole bvg/bccg thing was quite horrific... and I lost a ton of money with the diluted pop reports.
When I tried to crossover my beckett graded cards a couple years ago...
both psa and sgc had a field day slapping them with "evidence of trimming!"
anyways...
I respect the sgc enthusiast equally as the psa enthusiast... I just can't understand the love for beckett...
-Geoff

#367351 - 03/17/04 07:43 PM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: knickstars]
chuckster
Hobbyist

Loc: Louisiana

1. SGC
2. PSA
3. BGS

1. SGC - accurate grading, great holder...good grading specials (like the current 1970 to present $5.00 deal).

2. PSA - I've seen more hits than misses...

3. BGS - Until BVG and BCCG were born, I was a BGS fan.

My list is a bit unfair because I have not tried GAI, nor have I even seen a GAI graded card in person yet. Once I do, they may very well make my top three!?

Also, it's good to be back on the boards. I have been having trouble with my account recently, but I've been reading often and it has been great to see the number of topics and posts increasing!!

#367352 - 04/02/04 04:56 AM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: Rip]
beefman
Just got here

me, me and me

i then choose a holder

#367353 - 04/02/04 05:54 AM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: beefman]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

Quote:

me, me and me

i then choose a holder

... for confirmation of you, you and you. When submitting raw, we all do that. But the question was, whose holder?

BTW, welcome to the boards.

#367354 - 08/22/04 09:39 PM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: Rip]
optimumcards
Just got here

Wow, my first post!!!! Just want to say hi to everyone.
I left SGC 2 years ago due to a little fallout, but I guess I forgive them now
and I'm back....submitting wise anyways.

My top 3 are SGC, PSA, and GAI....in no particular order because I use
all 3. They get all my business. I don't consider BGS a real company.
They make me sick.

#367355 - 08/23/04 07:26 AM Optimum Welcome back! [Re: optimumcards]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

OC >

Saw your post..Welcome or should I say Welcome back! Do you have any sets on the registry?

#367356 - 08/23/04 08:46 AM Re: Optimum Welcome back! [Re: vayank]
optimumcards
Just got here

Thanks for the welcome. I'm slowly getting back with SGC. As far as the registry goes; I don't have anything yet, but I'm currently doing some cross-overs and we'll see in the near future. I mainly collect hockey and I guess that'll always be the slowest sport. Although, I did just get this back which I'm thrilled to death.

#367357 - 08/24/04 09:47 AM Re: Optimum Welcome back! [Re: optimumcards]
Fabfrank
(S)uper Collector

Welcome Back Optimim cards. That is a sweet hockey card and you should be proud of the grade. Hope to read more of your posts.
#367358 - 03/06/05 08:34 PM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: Rip]
inFluX
Learning the Ropes

#1 SGC
#2 who cares
#3 who cares

The only one that matters is the one that comes in first place.

Edited by inFluX (03/07/05 12:17 AM)

#367359 - 03/27/06 09:38 PM Re: Who are your 3 favorite grading companys? [Re: Rip]
FoomMember
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: Land Of Stan

1. Looks like PSA has the consistency

2. BVG / BGS seem to be gaining due to 'problems' with PSA business practices

3. SCD - but are the 'new guys' as trusted as the 'red circle' SCD?

more and more cards of the higher sought after type are turning up as PRO graded? holder has some issues, but are they for real?

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 8 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.