Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#380320 - 03/26/04 11:51 AM Re: Future of SGC, opinions requested [Re: 64standup]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

I think that dbeman makes some excellent points and I agree whole heartedly with them.

I can never tell if basilone is being sarcastic or if he is being genuine, but the quote below is a strange one...

The fact is most "collectors" will sell at some point. If they do not...their next of kin will probably do so...so wouldn't you want them to get the most money they can?

Why burden them with the hassle of crossing over to PSA before selling them off?

I am a collector -- the vast majority of the cards that I have are the cards that I love. I am completely unworried about what the future may bring...and I have cards in both SGC and PSA plastic. When I'm 6 feet under and cold, my expectation is that neither PSA nor SGC will be the top dog in graded cards. I have no clue if card grading will stand the test of time (I figure I'm good for another 35+ years...which is a whole lot longer than any of the grading companies have been around). My bet is that my next of kin will have to cross the cards over no matter what...so, again, I'm not worried.

Well, the Carribean was fun and it's a drag to be back

#380321 - 03/26/04 12:30 PM Re: Future of SGC, opinions requested [Re: srs1a]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Half joking..half serious.

I do not think any next of kin would think to cross over cards.....I think they would just sell them "as is" to a dealer for the ease of it.

I'm serious in stating that most all collectors will sell portions of their stuff at some point...who knows what the next 5 years will bring.

If the monetary aspect of your collection is no issue..then just save some money and put all your cards in screwdowns.

#380322 - 03/26/04 01:08 PM Re: Future of SGC, opinions requested [Re: Basilone]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Quote:

If the monetary aspect of your collection is no issue..then just save some money and put all your cards in screwdowns.

John,

Red man's look horrible in screw downs. They don't look that bad in holders
though especially the Sgc ones. It's only money!

aconte

#380323 - 05/08/04 02:20 AM Re: Future of SGC, opinions requested [Re: 64standup]
autobilia
Just got here

I'm thinking the same. I collect cards that slipped into packs that was suppose to have been pulled from production. I have a few I want to get SGC graded. Most are game used.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (K-Nole) and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1
1962 Registered Users

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.