Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#385320 - 03/29/04 11:21 AM Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

I have known Dave for 12 years and think very highly of him. Getting someone like Dave as part owner and actively involved in providing direction can only mean good things for SGC!!!!
I look forward to visiting SGC's operations next week and learning more about the company.

Dav

#385321 - 03/29/04 12:40 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: Davalillo1]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Can any of the people "in the know" provide us with some information in regards to what is going on.

Thanks,

John

#385322 - 03/29/04 01:03 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: Basilone]
Davalillo1

Dave just joined SGC--and took an ownership stake.
#385323 - 03/29/04 01:11 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: Basilone]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

John >

I did not feel it was my place to comment but since Dav has spilled the beans, here is what I know:

Dan Forsman is (or should be) now the owner of SGC. When I found out, the paperwork was not final. I did not ask if he was to own 100%, but it was clear he was acquiring a controlling interest -- not a minority part owner.

As I understand it, Dan was one of the early and big submitters to PSA. He eventually decided to shift his business to SGC. This going back years probably during the Baker/Rochi days though I did not specifically ask that. As I understand it, Dan is well known and widely respected on the hobby.

The previous owners were also NGC owners. NGC and SGC are separate corporate entities, but the owners held a controlling ownership interest in both.

Forsman will be officed in New Jersey and will be a full time leader, working shows and the like. Over time and in a reasonsble manner, he will be selling off all or part of his collection, which has a goodly number of PSA cards from back in the day. Concerns about a conflict of interest will prevent a SGC crossover.

With an experienced card guy at the helm and taking a full time interest, changes will be forthcoming such as the improved web site and many other things.

I apologize in advance if anything turns out not to be true. But this is how I understand it to be. Once Dav made his post, I thought I should follow up with what I know.

Edited by vayank (03/29/04 01:12 PM)

#385324 - 03/29/04 01:37 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: vayank]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Looks like KLL's crystal ball is operating pretty well.

new boss?

#385325 - 03/29/04 01:45 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: vayank]
Davalillo1

Vayank,

Ugh! Dave(not Dan) Forman(not Forsman). I think Dan Forsman is a pga golfer.

Dave is one of the most recognized national dealers by serious vintage collectors. He actually started with Gerry Schwartz and has done auctions early on with Gerry and Gary Moser. For many years he has been on his own. I remember when Dave and Gerry Schwartz walked into my office 12 years ago and sold me a large number of prewar 8s, 9s and 10s. I remember debating with him the difference between psa 9 and 10 and why should I have to pay a premium for a 10. This was early days for psa. I may have paid a small premium at the end. The difference was pretty small as well between a psa 8 and 9. I would guess Dave was a teenager at this time.

I do not believe it is accurate to say that Dave shifted his business to SGC. He may submit to SGC but I would be surprised if he did not summit primarily to PSA.

Regardless, as I said I have known Dave a long time and believe he will add materially to the strength of the company.

Dav

#385326 - 03/29/04 03:10 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: Davalillo1]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Hello All,

We will be making an official announcement in the next few days concerning SGC's ownership and future plans. While it is true that Dave Forman has joined SGC, I do want to note that some of the information that has been posted is not totally accurate. Once we have made our announcement, we will be happy to field any questions that our board members have. We will speak to you soon.

Regards,

Sean Skeffington
VP of Operations

#385327 - 03/29/04 03:43 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: SeanSGC]
Davalillo1

To all,

Just a note of clarification. I thought it would be obvious that this would be Dave's full-time job and would not be a dealer anymore...but in case there is any confusion this is what it is.

Jim

#385328 - 03/29/04 04:38 PM Re: Congrats to SGC and to Dave Forman [Re: SeanSGC]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Thanks for the response Sean.

aconte

#385329 - 03/29/04 04:45 PM ... [Re: aconte]
MW1
veteran

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 2 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.