Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#385380 - 07/07/04 08:15 PM Re: Sounds like a great time [Re: Davalillo1]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

Jim...thanks for the invite, it is unfortunate I have to work.
John

#385381 - 07/08/04 10:42 AM Re: Sounds like a great time [Re: grilloj39]
njdolphins
The Collectinator

Loc: Trimmed, Pressed, Power Erased

Jim

Will SGC be grading on-site?

#385382 - 07/09/04 04:20 AM SGC's vision for the future [Re: grilloj39]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

John,

Please don't misunderstand me -- I think it is great that Mr. Forman is attending Dav's function and will talk about his vision for SGC. This is nothing but a positive.

However, I am not able to attend this function and I would like to know, too. And, I'm sure there are more than a few dedicated SGC collectors that visit this board that share my sentiments. Finally, Sean indicated that he would be posting this information in the near future 3 months ago.

My net is that I would very much like to understand where SGC is going in the future. I think the board is a natural venue for this sort of communication as it hits a relatively wide audience who all share this interest.

Finally, I understand that Sean is expecting an addition to their family sometime this month, so I am sure he is distracted. However, Sean, when you finally shaken that sleep deprived funk from you existance, please take a few minutes to educate the masses.

Scott

#385383 - 07/09/04 09:53 AM Re: SGC's vision for the future [Re: srs1a]
SeanSGC
Everything SGC

Loc: NJ

Scott and Others,

The summer is a busy time for SGC with SportsFest in June and the National Convention in less than 2 weeks. Much of our time is spent planning and preparing for those two events, as well as grading an increasing volume of cards while maintaining our turnaround times. We will be grading on-site at the Cleveland National. Once again we are a Corporate sponsor of the show and this year we took the "Bag" sponsorship. Each person that attends the National will receive a plastic bag (to hold all of the giveways that the National provides) with our logo, etc. We feel this will give SGC tremendous exposure as our logo, web-site and phone number will be in everyone's hand.

The new web-site is coming along nicely, I have been able to review it a few times. We hope to have it live by the end of this month. I believe I have mentioned before here that we are working on the functionality of the Pop Report and the status check. We know these features are not very user friendly at the moment, but it takes a tremendous amount of time and money to overhaul that part of the system.

As far as the ownership goes, Dave Forman has taken over the company in a fairly seamless transaction in terms of policies and day to day operations. Dave's primary goal is to ensure end-user satisfaction. Meaning the collector who buys an SGC graded is receiving a stricly graded and unaltered card. Unfortunetly, we(the market in general) have not seen a decline in the number of altered cards on the market, be it at shows, on submissions or sent to us for our Crossover service. SGC understands that the collectors can make or break this hobby and we want to do our part to enhance their enjoyment and see that their collections are genuine.

Since SGC has always been very collector oriented, a common complaint from collectors is that there are not enough SGC graded cards on the market. It is a fair complaint because many of the cards we grade go straight into collections. To help ease that situation, Dave has been in contact with many national as well as local dealers and the response has been very positive. More submissions means more cards on the open market for SGC collectors to buy.

That's it for now and I hope everyone is enjoying the Summer. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

Sean Skeffington

#385384 - 07/09/04 12:16 PM Re: SGC's vision for the future [Re: SeanSGC]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Thank-you Sean, it is always nice to hear the latest from Parsippany. I remain a firm believer on your product, I only worry that I don't see enough of it our there. Good to hear that Dave Forman is "working the street" on this issue.

Best wishes for the summer!

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 3 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.