Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#417086 - 04/23/04 04:36 PM Re: Setting the record straight. [Re: MW1]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

I think both Greg and Mike are stand-up dealers...both have gone out of their way to assist me in one way or another. I just ask that both of them step back for a second, and takes some time to reflect on their statements and accusations toward one another. Let it go, and let bygones be bygones, and let's get back to the business of card collecting.

#417087 - 04/23/04 05:11 PM Re: Setting the record straight. [Re: grilloj39]
Basilone
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Quote:

i'm pretty sure mike wentz and john basilone could comment on this but i doubt basilone will have the balls to speak up.

Trying to throw some bait my way paisano?

The Rub Off card does sound familiar. It must of been about a year ago...right? Anyways..I believe someone emailed me (was it you toothpick2?) saying that the underbidders on this auction were alternate eBay usernames of people...but I forget which ones.

Feel free to send me an email jbasilone@adelphia.net (if you got the balls)...and refresh my memory.

Also....

In regards to last nights brawl...I followed it for most of the night and I found it enteraining...those two can drop some bombs.

I must say....after speaking with a number of veteran collectors, I am pretty comfortable is stating that I do not believe Michael Wentz sells altered and/or restored graded cards.

#417088 - 04/23/04 05:17 PM Re: Setting the record straight. [Re: Basilone]
jackstraw
Talkative?

Loc: @ a Baseball Card Show

If anyone ever thought to themselves how can somebody collect 1976 topps cards or 1977 topps cards or even collect new glossy refracting serial numbered cards that are autographed?why would someone want a vg raw set? well this is the reason!!!!!

#417089 - 04/23/04 05:18 PM ... [Re: KLL]
MW1
veteran

#417090 - 04/23/04 06:31 PM Re: Network 54 and BOTN [Re: MW1]
Basilone

I agree with what MW says. In addition, I know for a fact that many check the boards frequently to see if there are any negative posts about them.

John

#417091 - 04/23/04 06:49 PM ... [Re: Basilone]
MW1
veteran

#417092 - 04/23/04 07:16 PM Re: Setting the record straight. [Re: MW1]
Basilone

MW-

Did you just Thank me ..then Slam me in the same post?

I'm in the process of educating myself by studying 13 years worth of significant hobby auctions going back to the Copeland auction, as well as, continuing my daily analysis of significant eBay transactions. In addition, I've worked on making contacts within in the hobby and picking their brains about specific issues. I plan on doing my homework before I decide to open my pie hole regarding pre-war issues. (notice I've kept quiet about that area). I've also been reading the Network 54 board, taking notes, trying to learn as much as possible.

This is the best I can do in educating myself with the resources that I currently have available. Simply put...I will read whatever I can get my hands on regarding this hobby and listen to any advice given.

When my disposable income increases over time (I'm 32 yrs old) right now...I feel the time spent with research and study will provide me with a competitive advantage in regards to correct and logical purchase decisions.

Instead of sets...I'm concentrating on owning a smaller number of cards but the average cost being much higher than an average vintage PSA 8 common. Mostly stuff that resides in auction house catalogues. In order make the "correct plays" on the buy side...I realize that I need to do my homework first..and that is what I'm doing now.

#417093 - 04/23/04 07:17 PM Re: Network 54 and BOTN [Re: toothpick2]
Davalillo1
Collector is an understatement.

Toothpick2,

I have met Paul(Zardoz) on two occasions--consider him a friend and do not believe he would defraud anyone. But you are right that he did speak highly of Greg(wow, how did you know this?).
I am going to stay with my view that Michael and Greg want what is best for the hobby. I have never liked personal attacks on the boards and think the fighting/pimp stuff should go.
Who is cramer?
John Basilone,

What is he talking about or if you won't say--Michael--what is this about the Mantle and Branca?

Jim

#417094 - 04/23/04 07:24 PM ... [Re: Basilone]
MW1
veteran

#417095 - 04/23/04 07:26 PM Re: Network 54 and BOTN [Re: Davalillo1]
grilloj39
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX

Basilone...I think your're a class act and an asset to the hobby.

I want to state again, I think Greg and Mike are class dealers. The knowledge both of them bring to this hobby is superb and their level of customer assistance is second to none. I hope this synergy will continue....

Sometimes people don't have the greatest of days and a spark can sometimes start a fire. Hopefully, these two will work out their differences.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 10 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.037 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.