Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#50485 - 01/18/03 04:47 AM Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

Now that the Set Registry has been operational for several months, I thought it would be a good time to collect opinions on small improvements to the existing registry software/functionality ... as opposed to the major enhancements that have already been proposed (Player/Type registries) ... that may require lesser development costs and shorter development times from SGC while improving overall useability.

SGC has done an outstanding job of monitoring these boards for feedback, correcting problems, building in new "bells and whistles" ... and the end result is a better Registry.

Perhaps this new thread can be used to assemble a "wish list" of improvements from registry users ...

#50486 - 01/18/03 05:02 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: deadlyembrace]
deadlyembrace
The Venus Card Trap

Loc: Austin, TX

... and I'll offer up the first suggestion ...

As I browse the registry, I can never tell whether a collector's set has been improved, has been newly added, or perhaps has had a card removed. That is, other than noticing when a new set category becomes available for use, it's difficult to determine ongoing activity of individual collectors and their sets.

I'd like to see some sort of "ADDED" or "UPDATED" icon/label attached to the sets that have had recent changes. Also, at the card level, I'd like to see the same thing. Make these icons/labels effective dated so that they expire after a week or two.

I think this would encourage more frequent visits to the Set Registry by anyone and everyone interested in card collecting ... whether or not they have sets registered.

Just a thought ...

#50487 - 01/18/03 12:53 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: deadlyembrace]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

I'd like to see a list of newly added sets too. Say for a five day time frame.
An updated sign would be good.

aconte

#50488 - 01/22/03 03:25 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: aconte]
MW1
veteran

How about a separate category (list?) for completed sets? I would be interested in being able to see all of them at one glance instead of sorting through all the listings.

Another idea that might generate some interest -- how about some images of the "top SGC registered cards" of each month? (or of all-time?). Something that might be rare, valuable or just extremely condition sensitive. A link could also be placed on the SGC homepage.

#50489 - 01/25/03 01:30 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: MW1]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Not a Registry improvement but I thought I'd stick this here.
Can Sgc require people to log in on the boards so we don't have so many
anonymous posters?

As the registry grows we should see more activity on these boards and it
would be nice to get a better idea on the identity of those responding.

Thanks,

aconte

#50490 - 01/25/03 04:35 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: aconte]
downgoesfrazier
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: Summer of '77

I second aconte. Anonymous posting irritates me...I'm not sure why...maybe it all started when I was just a lad...let's see...it was summer...I remember feeling very isolated--closed off in a way---yes it's coming back to me now...where are my pills!?!?!...sorry for the digression-

#50491 - 02/07/03 06:32 AM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: downgoesfrazier]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

I'd like to see a "hide" option that set collectors could activate, if desired, much like the PSA registry has today. When activated, the contents of the set cannot be viewed, just the % completion, average grade, etc.

As the PSA registry has developed, there seem to be a couple of scenarios when this function is activated

(1) in extremely competitive sets, some of the collectors want to hide the contents of their sets, so the other guys don't know which cards they need to upgrade

(2) to keep shill bidders from bidding up needed cards -- it seem that this happens alot more than I would have guessed

Anyway, as our registry develops/matures, I am sure that we will have similar issues (and I'm awfully worried about the brawl that may take place between the various collectors of '77 baseball )

Scott

#50492 - 02/18/03 04:22 PM Re: Set Registry Improvements - New Thread, Old Topic [Re: srs1a]
strider
Hobbyist

Loc: Washington State

I'd like to see an easier way to access the registries for viewing. Seems to me alot of clicking has to occur to get to the individual sets. As the number of registered sets grows, I'd like to see some sort of listing of the best sets out there, whether it be by Set Rating, or Percentage Completed, or both. As it stands now, I have to click through each and every year to see how complete the registered sets are in that year.

I believe those best SGC-graded sets should be honored by SGC by public acclaim on their website.

Just my view from the cheap seats.

Daniel

(Always looking to improve my set of 1967 Topps Football. In that vein, I'm having a heck of a time finding a good #3 Gino Cappelletti in this set. What's with that?)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.