Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#57157 - 02/01/03 04:03 PM WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT????
Lothar52
enthusiast

Loc: Ohio, USA

I just bought a BGS 8.5 pro set emmit smith rc (yeah so i like some of the overproduced early 90s cards lol)..... this guy is selling a 8.5 for 7 bucks but a BGS 9.0 he will bid up to 100bucks for...he is trying to "corner" the market on this card in BGS 9.0... he has 96 of 134 or something. He outbid me several times on a few 9s from bgs... so i did the right thing and got a freakin SGC 96 for 20 bucks he spent 70 on a bgs 9 2 days ago)!!!!!!! This was his reply to me telling him i got the SGC 96 :

I HAVE 95 NINES. I HAVE THE MARKET PRETTY MUCH
CORNERED.BE CAREFUL WITH SGC THEY HAVE A LAW SUITE
COMING UP IN MAY WHICH MIGHT KNOW THE S#$% OUT OF
THEM. PEOPLE RESPECT BGS A LOT MORE. I AM NOT SAYING
THAT TO GET YOU TO BUY THEM. I GOING TO KEEP GOING ON
THEM. GOING TO WIN ANOTHER IN FEW DAYS FROM NOW.ANYWAY

Whats up with the law suit comment????

Lothar52 Ryan

Mark, your on top of the SGC game..what is he talking about??

#57158 - 02/01/03 04:50 PM Nothing. Just ignore him. [Re: Lothar52]
MW1
veteran

Lothar,

Just a wild guess on my part, but if he can't spell lawsuit, he probably doesn't know much about one either.

#57159 - 02/01/03 06:21 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

as we say in ohio when we get excited...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!

lothar

ps- ive decided to keep my psa 6 mays/banks cards that i got at the prices of 7s

here is how i decided this...

the diff between a 6 and a 7 mays is about 125 bucks. SInce WIWAG was a big time vintage dealer (or least we thought) im absolutley SURE that they have a psa 7 mays laying around...and that mays more then likely is OFF-CENTER. A psa 7 offcenter Mays is wroth CRAPto me.. in fact id be so disgusted at its site id have to sell it..and it would fetch the price of the dag on 6 cause its not centered!!!! I WANT A CENTERED 56 SET SOMEDAY... REGARDLESS OF GRADE... so i will keep my centered 6 in a 7 holder mays

The psa 7 Banks i have looks like a 7...all acdept for a mark of surface wear. its centering is WONDERFUL.. WIWAG definitley knew what they were doing when they b ought ungraded raw cards... who cares about the card..people will go bonkers and love the cards for there centering and we buythem at 4-5 prcies!!!! I literally cant part with these cards because they have the one quality i MUST have in a vintage card... CENTERING. CENTERING MEANS EVERYTHING!!!!!!! i have a SGC 4 58 koufac with 4 rounded soft corners and ill enver sell it.. why?? ITS GOT 50/50 centering T/B L/R and that is RARE!!!!!!! GOOD LORD I LOVE CENTERING!!!!!!!!!!

NOw then.. your saying.. what if they say they will look at the card, degrade it and have WIWAG pay u the difference... that would be great... is that what is going to happen?? NO... the rules are.. they give you a REPLACEMENT..and u dont get to PICK the replacement... so its hogwash...and im not going to get no uncentered 56s..cause to me they aint worth poodooo....well H E DOUBLE HOCKEY SITCKS... take a look at these cards and you tell me that centering doesnt make these cards as good as psa 8 or 9 with rot gut centering!!!

if these dont make ya stand up and beg for buttermilk nothing will... GOOD NITE
(pss- if you dont get pumped up talkingabout cards like i do then maybe you better start!) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!!!!

#57160 - 02/01/03 06:21 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

once again.. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!

Loth

Attachments

#57161 - 02/01/03 06:24 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

and again.. yeeeeeeeeeHAW!

psss- people..lets start showing our cards....

and by the way... someday im going to get these bad boys switched to SGC holders!!! Its just unfortunate that there are not enough of these cards on ebay... do a search for SGC andyou get 1..maybe 2 cards...do a search on psa vintage and you get 2000 mantles or something..wild

loth

#57162 - 02/01/03 06:24 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

why didnt it post?? try again...

loth

Attachments

#57163 - 02/01/03 06:27 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

i think after i do a centered 56 set...if i do a 57 nm centered/graded set i got 2 of the best centered NM cards on the market!!!

Loth

id post my 57 mays 7 but you guys would prolly getting tired of me posting my cards all the time.. i love showing off cards.. why we dont hvae a new FORUM FOR SHOWING OUR CARDS OFF IT BEYOND ME!!

Lothar52

MW.. start a thread and show us some cards!!! yeeehaw!!!!

#57164 - 02/01/03 06:30 PM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
Lothar52
enthusiast

if the FBI and psa DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE THE CARDS REGRADED AND SHIPPED BACK TO ME BUT REPLACED... how many of you think i should just send them in to SGC for reslabbing???

Lothar52

#57165 - 02/02/03 01:03 AM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: Lothar52]
vic6string
The Collectinator

Loc: Miami, Florida

100 bucks for bgs 9 PROSET!!!!!! I love Emmitt...he is second only to Tony Dorsett on my list of favorites (and I only have Tony first because he is the first athlete I considered a hero when I was a kid) but 100 bucks!!! come on!!! You can still get unopenned boxes of ProSet series 2 cards for under 10 bucks, and you get about 3 per box. I bought about 5 boxes a few years back at 5 bucks a box, got like 15 Emmitts, and at least half would be 9s if I sent them in..if not better. For $100 you can pick up a dozen boxes and submit the best dozen Smiths you pull !
#57166 - 02/02/03 01:48 AM Re: WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT???? [Re: vic6string]
aconte
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: On The Beach....where else!

Maybe the guy should try to corner the market on intelligent purchases!

Lothar, Nice Cards. They look good to me.

Let me try this. How's this?

aconte

Attachments

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.