Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#72174 - 03/10/03 10:20 AM Re: Card Grading- SGC,PSA,BVG [Re: jdj26]
Fabfrank
(S)uper Collector

jdj26- I think who have answered your own question in the best way possible. Through your experience. Your own eyes have shown you the sharpness and value in SGC cards. PSA is another quality company and a definite option. SGC used to have a saying "Buy the card, Not the holder". This rings true now more than ever.
#72175 - 03/13/03 11:57 PM Re: Card Grading- SGC,PSA,BVG [Re: jdj26]
vic6string
The Collectinator

Loc: Miami, Florida

Buy what you like when you see it. THe only reason I can see to limit yourself to any one company is if you are going to put together sets and use the registry features of the different companies. If that is the case, they both have their plusses. PSA has done it longer, and therefore might have a larger registry base, but they are more expensive. SGC is growing fast, and will save you a few bucks with (IMO) no loss in quality. But if you are just trying to find nice key cards in high grades and don't mind having different holders, just go for the best deals. On any given day, people miss auctions for any number of reasons (bad description, weird closing hour, holidays, etc... )so you will find similar cards for very different prices, even in the same condition from the same company. Just buy what you like when you see it at your price, and don't worry about who graded it. In a few years, I believe it will all even out anyway.
#72176 - 03/31/03 07:40 PM Re: Card Grading- SGC,PSA,BVG [Re: jdj26]
Dungeon
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Still Married!

I will buy any card if it passes my grading regardless of the company that graded it, with a few noted exceptions: wont touch Pro,Bccg,and all of the other low end krap services out there. Buy the card not the holder!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 6 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
klmnop450123, abcdef863349, vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071
1963 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.