Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#72913 - 03/11/03 09:50 AM No point to this post.
leon
Learning the Ropes

----------------------------
This post had no value regarding collecting. It's gone. Leon, that's 1 strike.

Regards,
Arch.
----------------------------

Edited by Architecht (03/11/03 10:19 AM)

#72914 - 03/12/03 12:57 AM Re: No point to this post. [Re: leon]
vintagecollector
Learning the Ropes

Way to go Arch, This must have been one of those anti MW posts. Why do you have to take up for the guy?????????? Oh I know he is your "Big dealer". You should be thankful that you don't have others like him!!!!!!!

VC

#72915 - 03/12/03 01:23 AM Re: No point to this post. [Re: vintagecollector]
Architecht
Web Architect

Loc: Chicago area

Pfffft.

If someone starts a thread that has no other purpose than to bash another member, it's gone. For instance, I also removed one of MW1's threads at the same time.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?
  • Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#72916 - 03/12/03 04:19 PM Re: No point to this post. [Re: vintagecollector]
srs1a
Old, dense-headed hammers are cool. Best nail pounders.

Loc: NY

Hey VC, why aren't you SGCRULES anymore? I liked that name better...and you seemed to be talk about cards and not argue as much. I'd like to see SGCRULES make a come back. Scott
#72917 - 03/13/03 12:10 AM Questions for Architecht [Re: leon]
leon
Learning the Ropes

Two questions:

1. Why do I get a strike posting about MW but he does not get a strike when posting about me - even though he is lying about who I am.

2. Do you count foul tips as strike or do you follow the MLB rules?

#72918 - 03/13/03 01:42 AM Re: Questions for Architecht [Re: leon]
Architecht
Web Architect

Loc: Chicago area

There are actually a number of factors feeding into that decision:

1. Because consideration is given to the source of the issue. As is the case on every other board here, the record and performance of the people involved is considered. So for instance, you have contributed nothing to these boards other than taking issue with MW1. You appear to be a shill account created for this express purpose. This makes your actions suspect and the consideration you're given has less leeway. It's like a percentage thing. If you're a frequent poster who mostly addresses things of interest to the hobby, but you occasionally get sucked into responding in a flame war, you're not looked on the same way as a shill account who has posted nothing thus far except flame material and starts the issues rather than responds to them.

2. You've been warned already not to make personally insulting posts that have no other purpose than to flame another member. The post I deleted was exactly that. Not only did it have ZERO content other than to flame someone, you somehow felt compelled to start a brand new thread for that express purpose.

3. The post I pulled from MW1 wasn't an insulting post directed at any particular person. It was an objection to some anonymous flame-posting done on some other board. It was certainly objectionable material. I'd have objected if I were him. However, I pulled it mainly because there's already this little flame-war in progress regarding others opinions of him. While his post wasn't really offensive to anyone in particular, it didn't seem to relate to anything other than this same issue. If it had gone up at a time when I wasn't already trying to get people to lay off of each other, I might have left it up. But in the present environment, it would have just been more fuel on the flame war. So I yanked it.

So basically, due to past records, and the difference between the nature of the two posts in question, you got a strike and he didn't. To summarize:

Your post:
a) aggressive attack against a member
b) done by a one-topic account
c) made after a warning to drop the issue
d) started on a new thread

His post:
a) response to an attack
b) done by a member who contributes lots of general interest posts
c) not directed at anyone in particular and not insulting
d) not content that he was specifically asked to drop

Two individual situations, two individual reactions.

Regarding his other posts about you, again this is a response situation. You came here and took up an issue with him. He responded. My choices are these:

a) Supress the discussion entirely, removing both original attacks and responses
b) Let the flame war run rampant
c) Let points be made on each side to a REASONABLE degree, contained to one or two threads so that people have a chance to air their issues, and then ask that the topic get dropped over time letting it fade away and hopefully move on to more productive discussions.

I chose C because I think that people do have a right to discuss their issues as long as it's done in a civil manner. Some arguements will never end if you just let them run, so I can't let this one become an obsession on these boards, but denying everyone the right to speak on something that's on their mind is a bad idea. Thus, some of your initial posts on the topic that were about objections to content and source material of MW1's posts (as opposed to personal attacks) were left to stand. So were MW1's responses where they remained relevant to the issue. So were your responses to MW1 where they remained relevant to the issue and non-personal in nature. If you guys keep your discussion within the boundaries of those threads, and you keep it non-personal, and you let it die after everyone has made all of the salient points that they need to, then in general I'll leave it alone.

If on the other hand, it spreads like a disease to other threads, becomes the subject of whole new threads and doesn't seem to ever resolve, it will be contained - which is why I asked you guys to contain it and tried to explain the circumstances of that containment. When and where you step over those lines, posts will be pulled or locked and strikes may be issued.

Arch
  • Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#72919 - 03/13/03 01:21 PM Re: Questions for Architecht [Re: leon]
vintagecollector
Learning the Ropes

Questions for Architecht [re: leon]
03/13/03 08:10 AM Edit Reply

Two questions:

1. Why do I get a strike posting about MW but he does not get a strike when posting about me - even though he is lying about who I am.

Because he is theie "POSTER BOY".

#72920 - 03/13/03 01:24 PM Re: No point to this post. [Re: srs1a]
vintagecollector
Learning the Ropes

Re: No point to this post. [re: vintagecollector]
03/13/03 12:19 AM Edit Reply

Hey VC, why aren't you SGCRULES anymore? I liked that name better...and you seemed to be talk about cards and not argue as much. I'd like to see SGCRULES make a come back. Scott

Scott,

I would be glad to talk cards with you anytime you would like. As for SGCr coming back Not in the future. I really don't have anything against anyone here (Well maybe one) but I can't say names anymore cause Arch goet upset. Let me know if you need any 78 SGC cards I still have a few and I am selling all!!!

#72921 - 03/13/03 01:55 PM Let's make the best of the situation [Re: vintagecollector]
MW1
veteran

vintagecollector,

I am VERY, VERY, VERY interested in buying SGC graded cards given the impressive increases in prices that we've seen in nearly every SGC graded issue over the past year. Please send me a list. I'm an extremely strong buyer.

#72922 - 03/13/03 02:31 PM Re: Let's make the best of the situation [Re: MW1]
vayank
The Amazing Card-Man

Loc: Alexandria, Va

I wish the trolls would just go away. They just attack, attack attack. Consumed and controlled by their hatred of Mike Wentz, they just keep attacking -- SGC, the moderator, anyone that steps in the way of their obsession with Wentz gets attacked.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
vwxyz{570399, nopqrs004715, tjf092071, jakerazzle1, rstuvw197344
1961 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.