Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#74297 - 03/14/03 08:13 AM NEW SERVER COMING - YOU WILL NEED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD
Architecht
Web Architect

Loc: Chicago area

We are getting the new server up and running right now. Soon we'll be briefly closing the boards to transfer the data, and then redirecting this address to the new boards.

1) For a short time (until we move the domain name) you will be redirected to an IP address instead of to "boards.collectors-society.com". But you will still be able to type that address in and use it, as we will handle the redirect for you. I'm only mentioning it because you may notice the IP address in the web address bar at the top of your browser and wonder about it.

2) UNFORTUNATELY, on the new server, the encryption of passwords has changed. This means that we cannot recover your old password. When the new site goes in, you will not be logged in, and your old password WILL NOT WORK.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO: Simply click "login" and use the "I forgot my Password" section on the bottom of that page. A new working password will be emailed to you. IF you would like an "easier to remember" password, be sure to go to "My Home" and click the link toward the bottom of the page next to "Personal information, email, password, etc.". You can change your password here to whatever you'd like it to be.

The new server should be great. Sorry about the inconvenience on changing passwords.

Regards,
Arch
  • Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations.- Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

#74298 - 03/28/03 07:55 PM Re: NEW SERVER COMING - YOU WILL NEED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD [Re: Architecht]
sloppy
Learning the Ropes

more details would be helpful. let us know. thanks.

#74299 - 03/29/03 03:52 AM Re: NEW SERVER COMING - YOU WILL NEED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD [Re: sloppy]
jeh46544
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Ummmm...

The switch has already happened. Where have you been?

#74300 - 03/29/03 02:17 PM Re: NEW SERVER COMING - YOU WILL NEED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD [Re: jeh46544]
Dungeon
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Still Married!

Hes been at Phatty's house.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  EARLSWORLD 
Hop to:
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible) and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
defghi104200, jklmno253672, hijklm176309, defghi521014, klmnop450123
1967 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.